Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Aftermarket hood fitment

I ordered an aftermarket hood(the wsq hood) from vfn which should be here Friday and I was wondering if there is anything that needs to be done before hand to save time when I get it so I can just throw it on. On their site for aftermarket hoods , it says you should bend some of the tabs flat on the brackets so it is flush. It also says to cut a slot in the brackets for further adjustment and there is a hood leveler screw somewhere that may need to be adjusted but I never saw such a screw. The wsq is suppose to fit really close or just like stock, so I am not sure what adjustments will be necessary.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

You'll probably need to take a dremel to your hood hinges to allow for more adjustment. I had a WS9 hood from US Exotics, dremeled the hinges but didn't have to bend back any tabs. I Would not do this before your hood arrives as you have no idea where it would need to be done. There's four different hight adjustment knobs near the front of the hood, adjust as necesary.

Black/ Silver

Alright thanks, that is what I wanted to know.

Black/ Silver

I need a little help with the final adjustments on my new hood. The directions say to drill the holes of one of the brackets out to 3/8" and then to slot the other bracket. The brackets they are referring to attach to the hood. One attaches to the bracket that attaches to the hood but I am unsure which holes need to be drilled and which need to be slotted vertically. I can make a copy of the directions if needed. I will take pictures of what I am talking about when I get home from work today. I just don't want to fuck anything up by slotting the wrong holes.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I would call them up about this, I've spoken to them in the past and they seem to have a good tech support and customer service.

I'm waiting to see pics of this on your car.

I want this hood so bad. I think in AUG I'll be getting it. I'm tired of waiting for my other mods to get done (need $$$)

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I can say with my hood I only had to enlarge the holes on the part that connects directly to the hood, didn't touch the other pieces. If you want to see how well your hood will/should fit just lay it on the car without bolting it to the hinges and no latch in the front. The hood will go exactly where it wants to. Then you just need to figure out how to work with the hinges to get it there once it's bolted on.

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA:2770396
    I would call them up about this, I've spoken to them in the past and they seem to have a good tech support and customer service.

I'm waiting to see pics of this on your car.

I want this hood so bad. I think in AUG I'll be getting it. I'm tired of waiting for my other mods to get done (need $$$)
    I have a couple pictures but they aren't that good since the car is in the garage atm. I might call them and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA:2770535
    I can say with my hood I only had to enlarge the holes on the part that connects directly to the hood, didn't touch the other pieces. If you want to see how well your hood will/should fit just lay it on the car without bolting it to the hinges and no latch in the front. The hood will go exactly where it wants to. Then you just need to figure out how to work with the hinges to get it there once it's bolted on.
    Okay I will try just drilling the part that attaches to the hood. By that did you mean the holes on the bracket that you actually bolt into the hood or the other holes in that same piece? Also, I know what is required to make my hood fit perfectly is different than other hoods since the wsq requires a little more.

Also can someone take a picture of there latch? I ordered one off ebay since I sold mine with my hood and it doesn't fit for some reason, I need to make sure I am putting it on right and the problem is the latch.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 04-26-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Thread Information