Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Thumbs up 3M Headlight Lens Restore System

i'll try to get some before and after pics up in the next couple of days.

if anyone has yellowed or clouded headlight lenses go out and pick up the 3M Headlight Lens Restorer System. you can get it at your local auto parts store. i got mine at Autozone for about $20.

i was about ready to get a new set of headlights since mine were so yellowed and clouded...but today i finally got around to working on them.

you use a chordless drill and use the 2 different dry sanding disks to knock the yellow off and get to the clean part of the lens. then you use a wet 3,000 grit pad and finally you buff the lens with a foam pad and the buffing compound. everything you need is provided in the kit.

are the lenses perfect? no. are they CONSIDERABLY better than they were before? absolutely.

if you are looking to get new headlights but can't justify the price of OEM replacements or aftermarket housings, spend the $20 and pick up this system. like i said...i'll try to post some before and after pics in the next couple of days.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

waiting for pics

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    i'll try to get some before and after pics up in the next couple of days.

if anyone has yellowed or clouded headlight lenses go out and pick up the 3M Headlight Lens Restorer System. you can get it at your local auto parts store. i got mine at Autozone for about $20.

i was about ready to get a new set of headlights since mine were so yellowed and clouded...but today i finally got around to working on them.

you use a chordless drill and use the 2 different dry sanding disks to knock the yellow off and get to the clean part of the lens. then you use a wet 3,000 grit pad and finally you buff the lens with a foam pad and the buffing compound. everything you need is provided in the kit.

are the lenses perfect? no. are they CONSIDERABLY better than they were before? absolutely.

if you are looking to get new headlights but can't justify the price of OEM replacements or aftermarket housings, spend the $20 and pick up this system. like i said...i'll try to post some before and after pics in the next couple of days.

Product does work wonders, although on the same token for 6 bucks you can get everything in the kit to do 100 headlights. Some sand paper, plastic polish, and some rubbing compound and your golden..
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

the before pics...

and the after pics

in the pics it's not quite as signficant...i mean...it's difficult to tell how different they are...but if you had seen them in person before and after it's a nite and day difference. i'm going to throw another buff of compound on them before i put them back on the car.

Thread Information