30th Decals.

This is a discussion on 30th Decals. within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Hey guys I got a 30th car and I need to replace the hood stripes and the Roof stripes.. They ...

White With Blue decals
    1999 30th Trans Am #0922

30th Decals.

Hey guys I got a 30th car and I need to replace the hood stripes and the Roof stripes.. They have sun damage and i got a good deal on a full Decal package for my car. I was just wondering if anyone had some tips on getting them off Putting the new one's on or anything common knowledge? Anything would be GREAT! I have asked 4 decal places In the city i live in and all of them will not do it they say it is too much and work and they are all asking 10k to do it. SO I have decided to do it my self. Thanks for any input I will post pictures if you guys need me too thanks again.

Mitch.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE!!! 10K TO INSTALL DECALS??!! WHAT IN THE BLEEDING HELL??!!

Wouldn't a hairdryer work to get the decals off?

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Wouldn't a hairdryer work to get the decals off?
    It might.. I used a Heat Gun to remove the flag decals that came with my car

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I still cannot...FOR THE LIFE OF ME...wrap the thought of $10k around my head. I mean...SERIOUSLY??!!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

10k to install emblems/decals/vinyls

Blue
    2001 Formula Firehawk

For 10k they better give you a tube of courtesy lube first!

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Wow. I didn't charge enough the last time I had a job like that. I only charged $60 to remove a replace vinyl. No wonder I'm always broke.

on a serious note us a HAIR drier. All you need to do is make the vinyl elastic so it comes off in one piece instead of 1,000 pieces. Yes you can use a heat gun but if your not carefull you could cause some serious damage to your paint. Once the vinyl is off I would recomend buying some zippo lighter fluid to remove the adhesive. To apply your new vinyl I would recomend finding some Rapid Tac. It's a solution that let's you apply vinyl and move it around till you squeege it. I'd say ask one of the vinyl places for some but they would probably want $100 per squirt if it. I have heard of people using a water and soap mix.

White With Blue decals
    1999 30th Trans Am #0922

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    Wow. I didn't charge enough the last time I had a job like that. I only charged $60 to remove a replace vinyl. No wonder I'm always broke.

on a serious note us a HAIR drier. All you need to do is make the vinyl elastic so it comes off in one piece instead of 1,000 pieces. Yes you can use a heat gun but if your not carefull you could cause some serious damage to your paint. Once the vinyl is off I would recomend buying some zippo lighter fluid to remove the adhesive. To apply your new vinyl I would recomend finding some Rapid Tac. It's a solution that let's you apply vinyl and move it around till you squeege it. I'd say ask one of the vinyl places for some but they would probably want $100 per squirt if it. I have heard of people using a water and soap mix.
    Thanks a bunch I will go try that out, I kinda did think that they were trying to own me on the price for the decals.. haha. But thanks for the input sounds pretty solid i will let you know how it turns out.

Thread Information