Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

200+ mph speedo??

This is a discussion on 200+ mph speedo?? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Make That three! Maybe we can do something across the boards and see if there would be a mass intrest ...

Black
    1997 LT1 Z28

Make That three! Maybe we can do something across the boards and see if there would be a mass intrest in silver.

Anyhow.. Granatelli If i get the white one do i have to change the bulb color in the back to see it at night?

Yellow
    2015 Z06 Coming, 2014 Z51

Quote Originally Posted by SVT THIS
    Make that two! Hell, I'll probably end up buying an other color anyway-thanks for being the ONLY company who makes these for us!
    As an example, we made these in 1999 and did not sell the first 1 until 2001 because no one could calibrate them. T-Byrne was my first supporter on these. He bought a few and then had to sit on them while we figured out how to make them work. Hypertech told us they could easily do a reflash then after we had 1000 units in stock they said OOPs we were wrong

TP121
    What all is involved in the 200 mph speedo swap?

I see that you have to send the whole cluster in-so if you go with a white 200mph gauge, are the rest of the gauges done in white also, or do you have to do overlays yourself to match the 200mph upgrade?

Sorry- I'm just a little confused.

Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by TP121
    What all is involved in the 200 mph speedo swap?

I see that you have to send the whole cluster in-so if you go with a white 200mph gauge, are the rest of the gauges done in white also, or do you have to do overlays yourself to match the 200mph upgrade?

Sorry- I'm just a little confused.

This is not an overlay - it is a whole new 1 piece face

Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by DaLastLT1
    Make That three! Maybe we can do something across the boards and see if there would be a mass intrest in silver.

Anyhow.. Granatelli If i get the white one do i have to change the bulb color in the back to see it at night?
    No - you do not have the change the bulbs

TP121
    Quote Originally Posted by Granatelli
    This is not an overlay - it is a whole new 1 piece face

I see. Well, if its a whole new face I can't see why everyone is complaining about the price. thats pretty cheap IMO for what you are getting, as long as the quality is good.

Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by TP121
    I see. Well, if its a whole new face I can't see why everyone is complaining about the price. thats pretty cheap IMO for what you are getting, as long as the quality is good.
    the faces are OE in look. we have sold 800+ 200mph faces and 4000 colored replacements with no complaints

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Answering all of our questions for us like this, that's customer service. This is a good deal

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am

Have you started making them with the red bulbs yet? I thought about it a while back but all you were making were with the camaro blue and I was told to paint the bulbs. For that much I would kinda like to get it in the right color to start with. Don't get me wrong I think it is a very cool product but are there really that many more camaro guys doing this?

Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by armnhammer1
    Have you started making them with the red bulbs yet? I thought about it a while back but all you were making were with the camaro blue and I was told to paint the bulbs. For that much I would kinda like to get it in the right color to start with. Don't get me wrong I think it is a very cool product but are there really that many more camaro guys doing this?

I agree with you. However, We never made the Trans Am faces with the amber glow. so if paining the bulbs does not work - I am terribly sorry

Hello, Im from Germany. I need this gauge face. How can I get it?
    Can everybody help with this buy and shipping?

Thanks
    Jan

Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Germany View Post
    Hello, Im from Germany. I need this gauge face. How can I get it?
    Can everybody help with this buy and shipping?

Thanks
    Jan
    It is easy to order however we do need your stuck cluster. Since you are in Germany I would reccommend you have us purchase a new cluster for you and do the conversion. I t would be $630.00 US funds for a brand new cluster with the 200mph sppedo in factory black, blue or white

I would accept her offer with pleasure. How does it go on now?

Yellow

200 MPH Gauge Cluster
    Removal and Installation Instructions

General Motors Vehicles F-Body 1997-2002

Introduction

This product is the only one of its kind. We conceptualized these gauge faces in 1993 but it wasnt until 2000 that we finally figured out the entire package.

System Features

Accurate 200 MPH Calibrated Cluster Internally Calibrated For True Accuracy

Removal Steps

1. Remove the plastic kick panel above your knees. 2 Phillips heads screws and 2 hex head screws.
    Note: Be especially careful of the bright yellow wires that run to the air bag. In some applications, the yellow wires are clipped to the brace we are about to remove. Simply remove the clip and mark where they go so you can replace them later.
    2. Remove the V shaped brace that the hex head screw was attached to. 2 nuts hold it in. Once again, mark the direction it was installed so that you can put it back the same way.
    3. Lower your adjustable steering column as low as it will go.
    4. Loosen the two nuts that hold the steering column in place. DO NOT TAKE THEM OFF. SIMPLY UNSCREW THEM UNTIL JUST A COUPLE OF THREAD STILL SHOW AT THE BOTTOM. This will allow the steering column to drop down enough to remove your cluster with ease.
    5. Remove 2 hex head screws at the top of the plastic bezel above the instrument panel.
    6. Unclip the 4 to 6 push in studs at the bottom of the bezel. Simply reach behind the lower edge and you will feel them.
    7. After all studs are free, remove bezel.
    Note: Be careful not to scratch the clear plastic over the instrument panel while removing bezel.
    8. Remove the 4 hex head screws holding in the instrument panel. 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom.
    9. Grab the top of cluster and gently wiggle it free from the connecter behind it.
    10. Before sending the instrument panel, please remove the odometer-reset rod and spring so they do not get damaged in shipping. This can be done by unclipping the 2 clips at the top edge of the instrument panel and rotating the clear bezel down. Also please Saran Wrap the clear part of the cluster to prevent it from getting scratched.

Page 1 of 2
    11. Put a label or tag on your cluster with your return to address, name, and color of the gauges you would like and model year of cluster. This is important information to us.

Replacement Steps

1. Remove clear cover and replace the odometer reset bottom
    2. Place the panel back in its place and gently push the plug into the connecter.
    3. Replace the 4 hex head screws holding in the cluster Its the longer ones
    4. Replace the bezel making sure all the studs are lined up at the bottom.
    5. Install the 2 hex head screws in the top of bezel the short ones
    6. Tighten the two nuts that held the steering column
    7. Replace the V shaped brace using the 2 nuts and reattach the wires you originally moved out of the way
    8. Replace plastic kick panel with the 2 Phillips head screws and 2 hex head screws. Phillips head screws go in the upper corners

Granatelli Motorsports does not endorse breaking any basic speed laws.

Awaiting Activation
    #3 sold if you ever make it in silver/200mph !

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Granatelli, how fast is the turnaround? I assume that you install a new face on the stock cluster and then recalibrate it. Thus, the odometer mileage remains the same as when it was removed from the car. Is this correct?

Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS View Post
    Granatelli, how fast is the turnaround? I assume that you install a new face on the stock cluster and then recalibrate it. Thus, the odometer mileage remains the same as when it was removed from the car. Is this correct?

Correct - we do them the same day they show up - ship it red and we ship back red

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
    Correct - we do them the same day they show up - ship it red and we ship back red
    I like that kind of turnaround! I wish I had sent mine to you before I left Florida. I'm on the other side of the planet right now, but soon after I return, I'll remove mine and send it to you.

BTW, what does 'ship it red' mean?

Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS View Post
    I like that kind of turnaround! I wish I had sent mine to you before I left Florida. I'm on the other side of the planet right now, but soon after I return, I'll remove mine and send it to you.

BTW, what does 'ship it red' mean?
    Red means Red label - like overnight shipping

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
    Red means Red label - like overnight shipping
    OK, I should have known that. Thanks. Maybe I should have another cup of coffee since I'm still kinda waking up...it's a little after 7AM here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information