Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 64

Zaino

This is a discussion on Zaino within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Zano=Zaino...

  1. #21
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Zano=Zaino

  2. #22
    Junior Member 98Bruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rock Hill SC
    Posts
    19

    Black w/blue-purple flame
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

    I painted this Bird in 2004 and only used Zaino


  3. #23
    Member 20ws6speed01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winston,OR
    Posts
    272

    blue
    2001 WS6

    ^^^^still no grass???...lol

  4. #24
    Professional Detailer GoFast908Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    276

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Camaro Z28

    Follow the directions and you will be happy with Zaino. Been using it for years. Good stuff.

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10
    1996 WS6

    I have used Zaino for at least 7 or 8 years and it has rewarded my paint many times. I just re-clayed my car about a month ago and applied three layers of Z5 & Z2. It looks absolutely a mile deep. The main thing with any car products is starting from a good base. I would definitely clay the car and remove all the contaminants before trying to perform any real detailing (JMO).

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    165

    Silver
    02 Pontiac

    to me, Zano is the best out there

  7. #27
    Senior Member Z28Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, Ok
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,542

    Arctic White
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 96silverram View Post
    I have used Zaino for at least 7 or 8 years and it has rewarded my paint many times. I just re-clayed my car about a month ago and applied three layers of Z5 & Z2. It looks absolutely a mile deep. The main thing with any car products is starting from a good base. I would definitely clay the car and remove all the contaminants before trying to perform any real detailing (JMO).

    You just need to post pics of the car..

  8. #28
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    i had my car Zaino today and that shit makes you hungry lol b/c of the smell lol sorry it was my first Zaino

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10
    1996 WS6

    I don't know why, but Z5 always smells like a freshly rolled cigar

  10. #30
    Professional Detailer GoFast908Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    276

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Camaro Z28

    Here's one I did recently. Did some paint correction first, but then topped off with Zaino Z5pro, just 1 coat followed by Z6.










  11. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10
    1996 WS6

    That black looks good for one coat of Z5 I claybard', paint cleaned, z2'd, and then did a single coat of Z5 followed by Z6 finish on a Explorer. It looks amazing.

  12. #32
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    does the Z2 always go first (before) the Z5?? and how many coats should be put on of each?

  13. #33
    Professional Detailer GoFast908Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    276

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    does the Z2 always go first (before) the Z5?? and how many coats should be put on of each?
    Its good to use Z2 as the last one. but you can do as many coats as you like. With ZFX you can do up to 3 coats a day.

  14. #34
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    Its good to use Z2 as the last one. but you can do as many coats as you like. With ZFX you can do up to 3 coats a day.
    so lets say 1 coat of Z5 and 2 coats of Z2 is the way to go and finish it off with Z6??

    i never used ZFX

  15. #35
    Professional Detailer GoFast908Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    276

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    so lets say 1 coat of Z5 and 2 coats of Z2 is the way to go and finish it off with Z6??

    i never used ZFX
    Zaino recommends the use of ZFX with Z2 and Z5 if you're doing multiple coats in a short time frame.

    But yes that sounds about right.

  16. #36
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    Zaino recommends the use of ZFX with Z2 and Z5 if you're doing multiple coats in a short time frame.

    But yes that sounds about right.
    this is the first time im hearing this about the ZFX....what does the ZFX do?

  17. #37
    Professional Detailer GoFast908Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    276

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    this is the first time im hearing this about the ZFX....what does the ZFX do?
    You should read up on the Zaino site it will explain what I already said in more detail.

  18. #38
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    You should read up on the Zaino site it will explain what I already said in more detail.
    yea i just read it...i see what your saying now...what i dont get is how do you built up coats? as in some people say they have 50 coats BUT they site tells you to remove other coats IDK im new to this Zaino stuff, whats the best way to do this now? i dont have the ZFX, i have eveything else

    for a everyday car thats always in the sun what does everyone recommend

    and for my t/a thats sees the sun maybe 3 times a week for maybe 2hrs?

  19. #39
    Professional Detailer GoFast908Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    276

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    yea i just read it...i see what your saying now...what i dont get is how do you built up coats? as in some people say they have 50 coats BUT they site tells you to remove other coats IDK im new to this Zaino stuff, whats the best way to do this now? i dont have the ZFX, i have eveything else

    for a everyday car thats always in the sun what does everyone recommend

    and for my t/a thats sees the sun maybe 3 times a week for maybe 2hrs?
    Ignore the 50 coats... Each successive coat will build on the previous and give more gloss and reflection, however you reach a point of diminishing returns after about 4-5 coats. Its not wax, but think of it like wax.... You put it on, let it dry, then remove it. After its cured (with ZFX about 30 min) you can apply the next coat and just repeat that process.

    Also, one coat of Zaino will give the same protection as 20 coats.

    But if you follow Z2 or Z5 with a coat of ZFX you can get (conditions permitting) up to 9 months with that combo. I've got a beading picture somewhere of my old daily showing that combo beading after 8 months and it still protected great.

  20. #40
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    Ignore the 50 coats... Each successive coat will build on the previous and give more gloss and reflection, however you reach a point of diminishing returns after about 4-5 coats. Its not wax, but think of it like wax.... You put it on, let it dry, then remove it. After its cured (with ZFX about 30 min) you can apply the next coat and just repeat that process.

    Also, one coat of Zaino will give the same protection as 20 coats.

    But if you follow Z2 or Z5 with a coat of ZFX you can get (conditions permitting) up to 9 months with that combo. I've got a beading picture somewhere of my old daily showing that combo beading after 8 months and it still protected great.
    on my DD thats always in the sun will the one coat of Z5 and then Z6 do anything?

    i think im going to run Z2 and Z6 on the t/a

    and Z5 and Z6 on the DD thats always outside

    how does that sound? or am i wasting time and need to get the ZFX?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Zaino ?
    By transam98 in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 03:47 PM
  2. Zaino
    By screamin chicken in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 04:50 PM
  3. Zaino GP
    By redSSand in forum Rocky Mountain Members
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 09:39 PM
  4. New Zaino Is Soon Here!!!
    By Spaz in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 01:15 PM
  5. Anyone use the new Zaino ZPC?
    By Black Dragon in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 02:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •