Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Zaino

This is a discussion on Zaino within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; I did the wifes Tahoe this weekend and used the Zaino product. Love the way this stuff smells. I did ...

2002 WS6 TranAm

I did the wifes Tahoe this weekend and used the Zaino product. Love the way this stuff smells. I did wash w/Dawn, Clay, Wash w/Dawn, Menzerna, Z2Pro, Z5Pro, Z6 Spray, Z2Pro, Pinnacle Wax. It all came out very nice and only took 7 hrs in the sweltering sun. I've never done a car from start to finish in one sitting and don't know if I will again but it was an experience. I'm pleased with the Zaino but no more so than the Prima and the Prima seems a little more straight ahead without the "gimmick" if you will from Zaino. Both great products.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

You put wax over the polish?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsracing View Post
    I did the wifes Tahoe this weekend and used the Zaino product. Love the way this stuff smells. I did wash w/Dawn, Clay, Wash w/Dawn, Menzerna, Z2Pro, Z5Pro, Z6 Spray, Z2Pro, Pinnacle Wax. It all came out very nice and only took 7 hrs in the sweltering sun. I've never done a car from start to finish in one sitting and don't know if I will again but it was an experience. I'm pleased with the Zaino but no more so than the Prima and the Prima seems a little more straight ahead without the "gimmick" if you will from Zaino. Both great products.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    You put wax over the polish?
    Normal practice.

Wax over sealant even will add to the depth but allow for more depth in the paint.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Hmmm..I'll have to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Normal practice.

Wax over sealant even will add to the depth but allow for more depth in the paint.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Wax over sealant adds more depth. Sealant over wax is not a good idea. Sealants will not bond well on top of wax...

artic white/black stripes
    97 TA

sorry a noob when it comes to all of this but here it goes...

well i just finally finshed fixing her up (was a bit of a project car) but now i want to get her looking nice and clean...i was reading here and you guys said wax over sealant is a good combo but which one of those prima products is the sealant or which ones are sealant? and which of the waxes do you guys who use prima use?

again complete noob to this stuff here

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Hmmm..I'll have to try that.
    Its a technique used by several people Drew, but I would not recommend you doing it. If you apply wax over the Zaino, you have to go back to removing the wax before you slap another coat of Z2/Z5 on. There is nothing wrong with adding wax on top of Zaino, but you are taking away your ability to spend a random 10 minutes here and there by throwing a coat of Zaino on like me and you do. I don't think its in your best interest to attempt this Drew.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Its a technique used by several people Drew, but I would not recommend you doing it. If you apply wax over the Zaino, you have to go back to removing the wax before you slap another coat of Z2/Z5 on. There is nothing wrong with adding wax on top of Zaino, but you are taking away your ability to spend a random 10 minutes here and there by throwing a coat of Zaino on like me and you do. I don't think its in your best interest to attempt this Drew.
    That's something I wouldn't do, unless it's for a specific reason, like entering a car show, or something like that, but in general, it's up to the person/user...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    That's something I wouldn't do, unless it's for a specific reason, like entering a car show, or something like that, but in general, it's up to the person/user...
    Agreed, and realistically, its not something Drew needs to do. His car has more than enough shine as is.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

You're exactly right P. I'll just stick to using Zaino. Afterall, the last thing I wanna go and do is put some wax over the Zaino while I'm still trying to sell someone on it.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Actually, it's got some dust on it right now, since I took it out a few days ago to meet the 2SS.

Agreed, and realistically, its not something Drew needs to do. His car has more than enough shine as is.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix05 View Post
    sorry a noob when it comes to all of this but here it goes...

well i just finally finshed fixing her up (was a bit of a project car) but now i want to get her looking nice and clean...i was reading here and you guys said wax over sealant is a good combo but which one of those prima products is the sealant or which ones are sealant? and which of the waxes do you guys who use prima use?

again complete noob to this stuff here
    Not sure Prima has a wax.
    Prima Epic is their sealant.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Not sure Prima has a wax.
    Prima Epic is their sealant.
    Right. They don't have a wax of their own, but they do carry P21S Concours Carnauba Wax which is one of the best waxes in the market...

2002 WS6 TranAm

Prima has some liquid wax's if I'm not mistaken. I use Victoria's Red Wax on my car but had some of the Pinnacle and thought I would give it a try. I had a hard time removing the Pinnacle.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Prima has some liquid wax's if I'm not mistaken. I use Victoria's Red Wax on my car but had some of the Pinnacle and thought I would give it a try. I had a hard time removing the Pinnacle.
    The Prima "liquid wax" is actually a sealant, not wax. A lot of people fail to make the distintion between what is a wax and what's a sealant, but I do understand what you mean
    Sealant= man-made synthetic "wax". Wax= derived from carnauba

That being said, most high carnauba-content waxes are by nature hard to remove. What you would need to do is apply by a section at a time and remove as you go, rather than leaving it on to haze before removing

While some carnauba waxes may say to let it haze and then remove, this is said with the understanding the paint has been properly prepped, i.e; claybar and polished. A cleaner, smoother surface will allow the wax to be easier to remove. If there's old wax, and/or contaminants still between the paint and the new wax you're putting on, there will be some sorts of problems...
    Last edited by Z06-Goose; 07-04-2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: typo

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

WAT???

You had a hard time removing Pinnacle Souveran paste wax? Or was it Pinnacle signature series II ?
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 07-04-2009 at 06:03 PM.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    WAT???

You had a hard time removing Pinnacle Souveran paste wax? Or was it Pinnacle signature series II ?
    Good catch. I was a bit surprised by that statement since I know Pinnacle Souveran removes rather easy. The Pinncacle Signature Series II is a liquid wax...

2002 WS6 TranAm

It was not the liquid wax and I had already washed with Dawn, Clayed, Washed with Dawn, Menzerna, Z2 Coat, Z5 Coat, Z2 Coat and Wax. I was suprised how hard it was to remove as well. I've not used their product but use Victorias on my car and it's never been a problem. Maybe I was tired after laboring 7 straight hrs in the sun trying to get it done.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Goose reccomended Prima SLICK quick detailer to me a couple years ago and now it is all I use.
    I also use Prima NERO -a water based rubber/vinyl/plastic protectant-works great and smells so good I want to drink it.

I just bought a bottle of Prima HYDRO- a wax as you dry product and look forward to trying it out.
    Use Prima Hyrdo as a QD and it gives the just waxed look, and also i have nero but it gets streaky when i use it any suggestions?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by bgable View Post
    Use Prima Hyrdo as a QD and it gives the just waxed look, and also i have nero but it gets streaky when i use it any suggestions?
    Nero is for vinyl and rubber.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information