Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 70

Zaino

This is a discussion on Zaino within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by mrsracing Goose YOU HAVE IT! I ordered my Prima product from you previously but had missed at ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member Z06-Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,276

    Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsracing View Post
    Goose YOU HAVE IT! I ordered my Prima product from you previously but had missed at the bottom of the page where there are 3 pages of Prima product. Thank you not even the Prima corporate site has their full product line. I'll be ordering more Prima from you to round out my collection here. Thanks again for the help!
    Ordering from me?

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    170
    2002 WS6 TranAm

    Sorry Goose is Detailers Paradise not yours?

  3. #23
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsracing View Post
    Sorry Goose is Detailers Paradise not yours?
    I believe the guy that runs Detailer's Paradise is Nick.
    Very good guy, I have met him in person once or twice. He developed the Prima line.

    Goose is a loyal customer though for sure. He is the one that turned me onto the products I use.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Z06-Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,276

    Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsracing View Post
    Sorry Goose is Detailers Paradise not yours?
    I'd wish!!!

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    170
    2002 WS6 TranAm

    Goose turned Mr. Lous onto the products who in return got me hooked up with Prima. Does that mean Detailers Paradise has you on Payroll now Goose?

  6. #26
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsracing View Post
    Goose turned Mr. Lous onto the products who in return got me hooked up with Prima. Does that mean Detailers Paradise has you on Payroll now Goose?


    They should.

  7. #27
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Goose reccomended Prima SLICK quick detailer to me a couple years ago and now it is all I use.
    I also use Prima NERO -a water based rubber/vinyl/plastic protectant-works great and smells so good I want to drink it.

    I just bought a bottle of Prima HYDRO- a wax as you dry product and look forward to trying it out.

    The difference between Menzerna and Zaino is- Menz removes swirls and Zaino fills them in with filler.

    Get ready for the shit storm in..........4....3.....2...1

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    170
    2002 WS6 TranAm

    very interesting thought is there truth to be had in that statement?

  9. #29
    Member jeffsWS-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Winchester,CA
    Posts
    195

    BLACK
    2001 WS-6

    anybody ever used IBIZ.. stuff works great!

  10. #30
    Senior Member Z06-Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,276

    Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsracing View Post
    Goose turned Mr. Lous onto the products who in return got me hooked up with Prima. Does that mean Detailers Paradise has you on Payroll now Goose?
    He should for sure. I've beta-tested some products for him, and has given me a free sample here and there...

  11. #31
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    Truth to be had in what statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsracing View Post
    very interesting thought is there truth to be had in that statement?

  12. #32
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsracing View Post
    very interesting thought is there truth to be had in that statement?

    Read up and you decide. This is my view from what I read about Zaino.

  13. #33
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    Zaino does fill in light scratches and swirl marks. I'd much rather it do that than gradually eat into the clear coat. The only time I'd wanna take an abrasive to my finish, is to remove a scratch that absolutely requires it.

    Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Read up and you decide. This is my view from what I read about Zaino.

  14. #34
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Zaino does fill in light scratches and swirl marks. I'd much rather it do that than gradually eat into the clear coat. The only time I'd wanna take an abrasive to my finish, is to remove a scratch that absolutely requires it.

    I understand bro-that makes sense. I on the otherhand prefer to take care of the swirls/scratches and then implement the proper way to wash/dry my car to reduce swirls in the future.

    I purchased my car used and the clearcoat was swirled and scratched badly. Without products like Menz I would have been looking at a new paint job- where now- I can live with it.


    Another thing to consider- you park your car in a garage. If you parked your car outside in the weather you would probably change your mind on using products with fillers.

    Just my opinion.

  15. #35
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    I daily drove my car from 24k to about 60k miles, using Zaino and never had a problem with the rain washing it off. It's not like a carnuba wax, where in weather, doesn't last long.

    Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Another thing to consider- you park your car in a garage. If you parked your car outside in the weather you would probably change your mind on using products with fillers.

    Just my opinion.

  16. #36
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    The clear coat on our cars is quite hard. The PC/Flex (non-rotary buffers) will take away the swirls and not come close to damaging the clear.

  17. #37
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    I understand that and have use my PC orbital buffer plenty of times to remove the more pesky scratches/swirl marks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    The clear coat on our cars is quite hard. The PC/Flex (non-rotary buffers) will take away the swirls and not come close to damaging the clear.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Z06-Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,276

    Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Zaino does fill in light scratches and swirl marks. I'd much rather it do that than gradually eat into the clear coat. The only time I'd wanna take an abrasive to my finish, is to remove a scratch that absolutely requires it.
    The Zaino abilities to fill-in light "scratches" and swirls are marginal at best
    Buffing for most part, levels swirls and scratches so they would be less visible.
    Most buffing and products these days are made to be safe on new paint.
    Deeper scratches require either wet-sanding, wool pad with an aggressive compound and/or both. This method WILL eat into the clear coat for sure.
    A PC for example is designed to level the swirls edges so that it will minimize light refraction, and hence make them less visible, and depending on how light they might be, it can completely buff them right out...

  19. #39
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    Exactly, which is why I use it in conjunction with the Zaino and I'm pleased with the results.

    Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    The Zaino abilities to fill-in light "scratches" and swirls are marginal at best
    Buffing for most part, levels swirls and scratches so they would be less visible.
    Most buffing and products these days are made to be safe on new paint.
    Deeper scratches require either wet-sanding, wool pad with an aggressive compound and/or both. This method WILL eat into the clear coat for sure.
    A PC for example is designed to level the swirls edges so that it will minimize light refraction, and hence make them less visible, and depending on how light they might be, it can completely buff them right out...

  20. #40
    JMAC Racing WS6ICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    535

    2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

    Zaino!

    2010 Camaro
    2006 GTO, LS2, 1 of 475
    2009 Chevy Silverado


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Zaino ?
    By transam98 in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 03:47 PM
  2. Zaino
    By screamin chicken in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 04:50 PM
  3. Zaino GP
    By redSSand in forum Rocky Mountain Members
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 09:39 PM
  4. New Zaino Is Soon Here!!!
    By Spaz in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 01:15 PM
  5. Anyone use the new Zaino ZPC?
    By Black Dragon in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 02:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •