Black | Black
    '07 Z06 | '98 WS6

Z06 Goose! Question for you!

Hey Goose, you are clearly the detail king around here so I have a question for you. I have a PC and a few products, I'm just wondering what order to put them on or which to use instead...

-Zaino Claybar
    -Zaino Z7 Wash
    -Zaino Z-PC Swirl Remover
    -Zaino Z2 Polish
    -Zaino Z5 Polish
    -Zaino Z6 Spray Detail
    -Zaino Z8 Spray Detail Seal
    -ClearKote Red Moose Machine Glaze
    -Menzerna Super Intensive Polish PO 83

I do have all the necessary pads and towels as well.

What do you recommend for the ultimate shine? Thank you so much in advance!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Claybay and use Z7 as your lubricant.
    Dawn wash to strip any pre-existing wax
    ZPC
    Z5
    Z6
    Z2
    Z8
    Polish
    Glaze
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Black | Black
    '07 Z06 | '98 WS6

Well the Z-PC is a swirl remover and so is the Menzerna, and I think your suppose to put the Z2 on before the Z5. but I didn't know whether using the RMG on top of all that just takes away from all that Zaino does. Also I didn't know whether I could use the RMG instead of the Z2 and Z5.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by CWW17 View Post
    Well the Z-PC is a swirl remover and so is the Menzerna, and I think your suppose to put the Z2 on before the Z5. but I didn't know whether using the RMG on top of all that just takes away from all that Zaino does. Also I didn't know whether I could use the RMG instead of the Z2 and Z5.
    I have been using Zaino for about 5 years now, I use the entire line as a matter of fact. I created a thread a couple weeks back showing what ZPC was capable of as a swirl remover.

It doesn't matter whether you use Z5 or Z2 first, but its typically preferred to use Z5 first and Z2 last.

I wouldn't be using the other stuff with the Zaino, but its up to you if you want to do that.

Black | Black
    '07 Z06 | '98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I wouldn't be using the other stuff with the Zaino, but its up to you if you want to do that.
    That's what I was thinking... But that Menzerna Stuff is a hell of a product!

I also like the depth of the shine that the Red Moose Glaze gives but I don't know if I'm ruining my Zaino Stuff with it or if I could replace aspects of the Zaino with the Glaze.

I also would like to know the ACTUAL proper order of application with wax, polish, glaze, etc.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

That's what I was thinking... But that Menzerna Stuff is a hell of a product!

I also like the depth of the shine that the Red Moose Glaze gives but I don't know if I'm ruining my Zaino Stuff with it or if I could replace aspects of the Zaino with the Glaze.

I also would like to know the ACTUAL proper order of application with wax, polish, glaze, etc.

If you use Zaino correctly, there is no need to use "outside" products. You will achieve great depth and shine and it will improve more and more with each layer of Zaino you apply. SiggyZ and myself have both been huge advocates of Zaino for multiple years now, and both of us are constantly complimented about our incredible paint and shine depth. Both of us use Zaino exclusively, no glazes or other products.

Prep, polish, wax is your proper order.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Hey Goose, you are clearly the detail king around here so I have a question for you. I have a PC and a few products, I'm just wondering what order to put them on or which to use instead...

-Zaino Claybar
    -Zaino Z7 Wash
    -Menzerna Super Intensive Polish PO 83
    -Zaino Z-PC Swirl Remover
    -Zaino Z2 Polish
    -Zaino Z5 Polish
    -Zaino Z6 Spray Detail
    -Zaino Z8 Spray Detail Seal

Optional:
    -ClearKote Red Moose Machine Glaze

I do have all the necessary pads and towels as well.

What do you recommend for the ultimate shine? Thank you so much in advance!
    Zaino is one of those products you're better off using its whole line and not mix and match
    That said, I'd use it as I edited it above. You could experiment using RMG on top after the Z2 and/or Z5 has completely cured
    The reason why the RMG won't play well with Zaino is because it does contain some oils that are not compatible with sealants, but will be great under a carnauba wax...
    2007 Audi RS 4

Black | Black
    '07 Z06 | '98 WS6

Awesome! Thank you... So I should Menzerna AND Z-PC?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

TIPS & TRICKS TO MAKE YOUR CAR A SHOWCAR!

Apply Zaino Show Car Polish to a clean 100% cotton towel or applicator. We have found the best way of applying Show Car Polish is with our #314 Custom Polish applicator. Just slightly dampen the applicator with water or Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray. Apply Show Car Polish directly to applicator. This technique will help increase flow and spreadability on the paint surface and yield more coats per bottle. Please use Show Car Polish on all wheels, metal, chrome, painted trim and plastic lenses. Remove with a clean 100% (Made in USA) Large Bath size White cotton towel, turning towel frequently until all polish is removed. A large towel is necessary to completely remove polish. You will see a "wet-looking" crystal-clear, ultra deep gloss. Note:

TRICKS:

Want people to envy the look of your vehicle. Want that Show Winning Edge and Custom Paint Look. Want the deepest, wettest, slickest, clearest, richest, and shiniest paint ever. Apply two more coats of Show Car Polish. Show Car Polish will continue to get deeper and wetter with each succeeding coat, up to five coats. You can however, apply as many coats as you want of Show Car Polish. You will not believe the depth and optical clarity of the wet-looking gloss. Follow up with Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" Spray between every coat of Show Car Polish and see how Incredible your vehicle looks!

Want an even higher level of optical light refraction and reflectivety. Here's how. When applying Show Car Polish do the following; On all Top surfaces of vehicle, use a back and forth motion (from front bumper towards windshield). On all Side surfaces (doors, fenders, etc.) use a vertical motion, up and down. This technique will increase the way light attracts and reflects off of Show Car Polish. The body lines and contours of your vehicle will seem to glow. This trick really works. Remember to use Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray between every coat of Show Car Polish.

TIPS:

Zaino Z-5 is the first non-abrasive polish that will eliminate swirl marks, fine scratches and spidering, without hurting the integrity of the clear coat. It does this in stages, anywhere between 1 to 5 coats, depending on vehicle color. With each application of Z-5 polish, you will see the swirl marks and fine scratches gradually lessen, until the marks are no longer visible and your paint will look flawless. Z-5 can be used initially or at anytime thereafter. You should switch to Z-2 as soon as you are happy with the way the paint finish looks. Example, no more swirls, scratches etc. It's up to you. Z-2 has higher optical properties than Z-5. You can switch from Z-2 to Z-5 and then back to Z-2 as often as you want. All Show Car Polishes are 100% compatible. For the highest optical paint enhancement. You should always end up with Z-2 as the last coat of polish.

Zaino Z-6 Ultra Clean "Gloss Enhancer" Spray is the ultimate maintainence product. It will remove light dust and soil between washes and will make your paint slicker, wetter-looking, deeper and reinforce the polish system and UV protection. Because of its unique optical enhancers, Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray will create a three dimensional, ultra-high, light refracting paint finish. Its super anti-static properties will reduce dust and dirt pickup by up to 60%. The more you use Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray the slicker and more dust-free your paint will be.

NOTE: Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray is really a great product. It really helps give a three dimensional look. Its antistatic formula will reduce dust and dirt pickup by 60%. Use Z-6 very sparingly, less than one ounce will do your whole car. Lightly mist only the center of a 1 foot section on the car. A dime size amount of Z-6 is plenty... Immediately buff with a 100% cotton towel until dry. You will feel the surface get slicker and slicker. Turn towel frequently. Repeat on next section until entire car is finished. Do not let Z6 dry on car. If Z-6 drys by itself just reapply Z-6 to affected area and rebuff until completely dry. Then get the sunglasses out. Less than one ounce will do an average size vehicle. Works great on rims, chrome, trim and plastic.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Awesome! Thank you... So I should Menzerna AND Z-PC?
    Yup. The Menzerna has more cutting power than the ZPC. You can then follow up with the ZPC to clean up, remove minor blemishes, and to prep the finish for your Z2 and/or Z5
    A lot of guys like to use the Z6 between Z2 & Z5 applications/coats. Another tip that may have already been covered by the Zaino guys, is that you want to apply it very thin. Just when you've thought you've applied too thin, that's about right, then you can go over with a second coat to ensure good coverage...

Black | Black
    '07 Z06 | '98 WS6

You are the detail master.

Blue
    04 Silverado

? for y2k or goose,i know zaino lasts a good while,would putting some nxt on your car say a month or so after you did a full process with zaino would the nxt remove the zaino,or would it pretty much be a waste of time?i used zaino for a few years and been using meguiars the last year,i think i am going to go back to the zaino side,just dont want to spend the money on all new stuff.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by craig02ta View Post
    ? for y2k or goose,i know zaino lasts a good while,would putting some nxt on your car say a month or so after you did a full process with zaino would the nxt remove the zaino,or would it pretty much be a waste of time?i used zaino for a few years and been using meguiars the last year,i think i am going to go back to the zaino side,just dont want to spend the money on all new stuff.
    Waste of time IMO Craig. Stick with the Zaino and you will be very happy if you layer it.

Blue
    04 Silverado

i figured it would be,meguiars and zaino i think have about the same good shine just zaino lasts FOREVER.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by craig02ta View Post
    Instead of NXT, you may want to use Z8

Thread Information