Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

WTF!!! is on my car!!! SON of a bit...

Yesterday I spent a few hours on washing my car and vacuumimg it etc. It looked good. I woke up late today(stayed up really late) and after getting a drink went outside to look around and admire my car. I walked over to my car and it had this shit that looked like cigarette ashes all over it. I was like WTF????? I looked in the sky and it was all smokey and kinda weird smell outside. Apparently wild fires around Florida and Georgia are causing this white ash to be blown all around!!! Ahhh-the never ending quest to keep a black camaro clean..................... =

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Thats why my car is always in the garage.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Yea that would be the ticket but my sister has so much bs in the garage its not possible. O well.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I truly pity anyone that tries to keep their car nice without a garage. I did that crap for 3 years with my vert and a car cover. Constantly washing it, constantly cleaning the wheels, all the details blah blah blah. My current Camaro is a garage queen and hasn't seen a car wash in 9 months now. The luxury of having a garage is priceless.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Yeah.., wish I could.. but as stated above.. my sister has too much in the garage as well..
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Black | Black
    '07 Z06 | '98 WS6

clean that shit up... it cant be that much...

Black
    2005 GTO

Yeah this ash crap is getting out of hand here in fl. Its only getting worse now that there are even more fires here locally and not just goregia anymore. We had a local ls1 meet last weekend and we all went in to eat at a local resturant. It was very nice out eveyones cars were clean we came out and it was smokey as hell and eveyones car was covered in ash.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Everytime I wash my car it rains!

RED
    2001 PONTIAC TA RAM AIR

Yeah those ashes are all over Miami too. Luckily I have a garage too.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

My sister has endless boxes of shit that we cant throw away yet has remained unused for 5 years-weird....

I swear Goose your not alone. Within a day usually of washing my car it rains. Next place I get will have a garage for my car. I am gonna buy a z28 for everyday driving and one for weekends/special occasions.
    You gotta have dreams right???? LOL

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by DEADBYDAWN View Post
    My sister has endless boxes of shit that we cant throw away yet has remained unused for 5 years-weird....

I swear Goose your not alone. Within a day usually of washing my car it rains. Next place I get will have a garage for my car. I am gonna buy a z28 for everyday driving and one for weekends/special occasions.
    You gotta have dreams right???? LOL
    Haha!! talk your sister into having a garage sale this weekend to get rid of that junk!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

She needs to for real!! Hey have you ever tried that Pinnacle 70 dollar wax??? I am wanting to try some BAD!!!! It looks like some really good wax.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by DEADBYDAWN View Post
    She needs to for real!! Hey have you ever tried that Pinnacle 70 dollar wax??? I am wanting to try some BAD!!!! It looks like some really good wax.
    Yeah, PS is amongst the top waxes in the world
    No, I've never used it. I've been tempted to get some this year. AG was running a special deal/package with the PS
    As far as paste wax I now have Victoria Concours Wax. Very fine wax I must say, it has decent durability (~2months+)

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

MAN!!! I went outside today and my car has 2 times as much white ashes on it!!! (makes sense)lol --Its killing me!!! I want to wash my car so bad but its no use till this smoke clears!!! Yea GOOSE the pinnacle sovern(sp?) wax is supposed to last 3 months. I am waiting on a check hopefully anyday and will be buying the Pinnacle if it comes through. My sister is like "$70.00 for car wax?? you are nuts!!!" I cant make her understand. LOL O well. O I wanted to ask you what you reccomend for glaze? Do you use it? what kind? and does it make a huge differance?? Thanks!!

Black
    1998 Formula

Kept my baby in the garage so no ash, but my car is still dirty as hell because of the damn water restrictions. My neighbors are assholes and they'll probably call the cops

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

I use two type of glazes for black car
    Red Moose Machine Glaze by Clearkote (RMG) is clearly one of my favorites. It leaves a lovely finish when topped with a carnuaba wax
    Yesterday, I've started using another glaze called Prima: Amigo and I liked it. I used it on a blue metallic vibe. I will post pics of it hopefully later tonight, or tomorrow. I like this particular one because it's what I was looking for. A glaze that will not present any bonding issues when using a sealant. I use sealants a lot

The last two cars I've done, I've used RMG. Great stuff!

Here's a link of a guy using RMG on a nice black Mustang...
    http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=554456
    I know it's a Stang LOL! but you get the idea

Another thing about glazes, is that some of them are made to work great on dark colors like, black, red, etc... and others are made to work best on silver, white, yellow, light colors... there's another one called Vanilla Moose Glaze for lighter colors as I've said

Ever since I've discovered glaze, it has become part of my detailing routine. Although some glazes are intended to fill-in imperfections, it can also level some of it if used properly with a PC
    It definitely complements your detailing job at the end of the day...

Collector Yellow (54U)
    2002 Trans Am CE

Quote Originally Posted by SexyAssFormula View Post
    Kept my baby in the garage so no ash, but my car is still dirty as hell because of the damn water restrictions. My neighbors are assholes and they'll probably call the cops
    Just wash your car inside the garage with the door down. only evidence will be a little soapy water leaking from under the door, heh heh.

RED
    2001 PONTIAC TA RAM AIR

I agree with BANDITCAR. Inside the garage, doors down, no problem.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    I use two type of glazes for black car
    Red Moose Machine Glaze by Clearkote (RMG) is clearly one of my favorites. It leaves a lovely finish when topped with a carnuaba wax
    Yesterday, I've started using another glaze called Prima: Amigo and I liked it. I used it on a blue metallic vibe. I will post pics of it hopefully later tonight, or tomorrow. I like this particular one because it's what I was looking for. A glaze that will not present any bonding issues when using a sealant. I use sealants a lot

The last two cars I've done, I've used RMG. Great stuff!

Here's a link of a guy using RMG on a nice black Mustang...
    http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=554456
    I know it's a Stang LOL! but you get the idea

Another thing about glazes, is that some of them are made to work great on dark colors like, black, red, etc... and others are made to work best on silver, white, yellow, light colors... there's another one called Vanilla Moose Glaze for lighter colors as I've said

Ever since I've discovered glaze, it has become part of my detailing routine. Although some glazes are intended to fill-in imperfections, it can also level some of it if used properly with a PC
    It definitely complements your detailing job at the end of the day...
    Thanks Goose!! One more question for the detail master.... Could you explain what a sealant does exactly and how to apply it??? Thanks again

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

OMG!! I just looked at those black Mustang pics!!! wow that looks amazing!!
    Makes my little detailing job look like shit!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information