Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Why do I even bother....

This is a discussion on Why do I even bother.... within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by SuperSSguy Whats worse then mud, fingerprints and grass clippings..Is a neighbor of mine decided to spray his ...

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Whats worse then mud, fingerprints and grass clippings..Is a neighbor of mine decided to spray his fence white on a windy day and the overspray somehow got onto my car!! I had little fine dots all over the black part of the sail fin!! I keep it garaged but someone must have opened garage door or it came through the garage window?...Boy was i pissed off!
    I bet, I would be too. That is like what happened to my parents car. This guy was painting a.house and some how he lost control of the.sprayer and got their whole passenger side with it. He comes and tells them and says he has a buddy who can buff it out. My parents gave his buddy a chance who decided to buff it with steel wool, not very fine steel wool either. Now there are millions of scratches on the car. We decided then to call our insurance and they only painted half the car and a different color, for some reason they didn't see the problem....we convinced them to paint the other half the same color. We did get a free paint job but what a headache.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Blog Entries

black an red
    00 z28 and 00 corvette

When people do crap like that I makes ya wonder if they know what their doing an thinking its funny the whole time. People that do that proly dont have any common sense anyway.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Washed the Suburban this afternoon down in Beaver Springs. On the ride home, I had to run into the other lane twice to avoid where someone had blown all their grass into the roadway.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I moved my Z out of the garage today so the cable guy could replace this box on the wall. At first he is like "Oh I can get in between your car and do my work" to which I replied no sir I really want to move it so nothing happens.

I go outside when the guy is done and somehow there is white specs all over the car (it's black) and upon further inspection a perfect circle on the hood the exact size of a drink.
    WTF?

I sprayed the car with the hose quick (it was dark) and the white specs came off. The circle is still there but I think I can polish it off. This is why I HATE when mthrfkrs need to get into the garage for bs. People are fkin idiots.

I wish I had caught that fker with a drink on my hood! Unfortunately I couldn't hang outside to keep an eye on my car so I payed the price. nEVER again!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

That's why I don't play around with people needing to work around my vehicles.

It also takes twice as long to detail the Hummer as it did my Camaro.

First words out of my mouth are, "don't touch my vehicle, it takes me hours to get it to look like it does, and all of 1 second to fuck it up".

Or, "treat it like it's MINE not like it's YOURS".

It's a little standoffish but it gets my point across before any stupidity happens..

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I would have called him back saying the work he just did had an issue and then locked him in the garage with my Pit Bull.
    It's on jackstands.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I would have called him back saying the work he just did had an issue and then locked him in the garage with my Pit Bull.
    Lol the weird thing was I moved my car out of the garage and parked it at the end of my driveway. I wish I had a video of wtf went on while I was in my house.

Black/ Silver

Dude I would be so pissed too. This reminds me of back in 2009 when I was down in Virginia beach with my TA. I went into some stores and when I cam out I found hand prints on my hood. The position they were in were like someone leaned back resting on their hands, like they were posing for a picture.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Back when i had my first car a 74 Monte Carlo (my parents hand me down)..I was working @ a supermarket and while on break i went to my car which i kept ultra clean and waxed!! and as i look out towards it to my suprise i see about three teenagers sitting on the trunk!! They didnt damage anything and were cool about getting off but seemed perplexed as to why i was so angry,like they didint have a clue?WTF..needless to say i cursed them out!! and told them that if they wanna sit on something sit on the F-in curb right next to it NOT ON MY CAR!! People are just IDIOTS!......

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Dude I would be so pissed too. This reminds me of back in 2009 when I was down in Virginia beach with my TA. I went into some stores and when I cam out I found hand prints on my hood. The position they were in were like someone leaned back resting on their hands, like they were posing for a picture.
    I hear ya man- I am a eagle eye too! You just don't touch a mans ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Back when i had my first car a 74 Monte Carlo (my parents hand me down)..I was working @ a supermarket and while on break i went to my car which i kept ultra clean and waxed!! and as i look out towards it to my suprise i see about three teenagers sitting on the trunk!! They didnt damage anything and were cool about getting off
    but seemed perplexed as to why i was so angry,like they didint have a clue?WTF..needless to
    say i cursed them out!! and told them that if they wanna sit on something sit on the F-in curb
    right next to it NOT ON MY CAR!! People are just IDIOTS!......
    A lot of people have no respect for others. I was taught early in life to stay away from people's cars- don't lean on them, touch them and sitting on a mans car .......well that wouldn't even enter my mind even as a kid.

I was eating out with my family one night and looked out the window. I saw a man laying on the hood of my sisters brand new Town car. I run out there and this guy was drunk out of his mind.....it was all I could do not to do what I would normally do but he still left in a hurry. Total idiot.

red
    1999 camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    i get that shit all the time!!!!! go to walmart to get some groceries or to the mall just after fully detailing the car and there are prints all over the windows and doors and what not!!! just wanna look at people and tell them to get the hell away from the car. time to invest in some of those stickers that say look but dont touch not that they will reall help
    That's a big part of you're problem right there - going to Walmart.

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ZForce1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    i get that shit all the time!!!!! go to walmart to get some groceries or to the mall just after fully detailing the car and there are prints all over the windows and doors and what not!!! just wanna look at people and tell them to get the hell away from the car. time to invest in some of those stickers that say look but dont touch not that they will reall help
    That's a big part of you're problem right there - going to Walmart.
    That's why I try and shop at Target, my car is never touched there.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    That's why I try and shop at Target, my car is never touched there.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I remember chewing another guy's ass for leaning against someone else's car. We were working on a big project, and while we were taking lunch, a guy on another company's crew was leaning all over this car. I had a feeling it wasn't his. I asked him if it was, and then chewed his ass in front of his friends, and my crew. I did it in spanish, too, so I know he, and and everyone else understood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information