Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

what wax should I use on my som ss?

This is a discussion on what wax should I use on my som ss? within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by Wesman Yep, thats the address that I sent the emails too. That was a couple months ago ...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Yep, thats the address that I sent the emails too. That was a couple months ago too, just never got a response.

I would like to try the Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish, with either Z-AIO All-in-one or ZFX Accelerator as a base coat.
    I will send Sal an email and see if I can't find out why you are getting responses or if they can get you some service Wesman.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    Believe me.....if I was offended I'd be quick to tell the person to go "f" themselves or just ignore them all together......I'm just too lazy to use smilies........dude you should know by now that I just tell it like it is....I wont hold anything back......it's just a wonder I haven't had more warnings....lol.....
    I will try to remember that for future reference, but its hard to remember everyone's tendencies on here, this site has a lot of people. Thats why its just easier to use the smilies to show what emotion you have with your post.

Back to scheduled topic now

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    Did you happen to be at the CHATTERBOX DRIVE IN in

Augusta Saturday nite were you ????????????
    Off topic for a sec....but to answer your question, yes I was

I had the '98 T/A, Sport Gold Metallic.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I will send Sal an email and see if I can't find out why you are getting responses or if they can get you some service Wesman.
    Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Yep, thats the address that I sent the emails too. That was a couple months ago too, just never got a response.

I would like to try the Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish, with either Z-AIO All-in-one or ZFX Accelerator as a base coat.
    Wesman, if you live in New Jersey, Shore Motorsports in Howell sells all of the Zaino products over the counter. I bought some of the new Zaino All-In-One from a Zaino distributor based in NJ who will ship anywhere, including Jersey. I think Sal Zaino restricts sales in Jersey because he doesn't want to compete with his distributor network in the state. I'll get you the name of the distributor I bought the stuff from if I can find it. They were at the recent GMs In Carlisle show.

They also had some new stuff from Zaino, 8 - 10 ounce bottle of a clear liquid like ICE, spread it on and let it dry. It's supposed to shine the car without ANY buffing, but for $30 / bottle I took a pass on it for the time being, I'm just not sold on it because of the price. With the new AIO you don't need the Accelerator - that was used with the older Z-5 product to make it cure quickly. When you mixed the accelerator with Z-5 you could buff it off immediately instead of waiting 30 minutes or more to let the Z-5 air dry. The new AIO is like conventional liquid waxes now; spread it on thinly and let it dry to a haze then buff it off with a cotton towel. No more waiting 30 minutes or more to let it cure like the old Z-5.

To those of you who think that the Walmart version of Zymol is the shits, it's just a product made by Turtle Wax, who licensed the use of the name from Zymol. The true Zymol comes in a 10 - 12 ounce clear jar, is a paste wax which smells like coconuts and sells by mail order for about $50 / jar. It's worth every penny of the price.
    Last edited by Fastcar; 07-04-2007 at 10:54 PM. Reason: added stuff

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I know one thing about the "wal*mart" version of zymoil-it made my fadded 84 z28 look great. I know its not the best wax or anything but for the money its pretty good. I would like to try the real zymoil though-thats interesting I never knew they had a better version of it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information