Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What wax?

This is a discussion on What wax? within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by GoFast908Z Then you're using it wrong. Been using Zaino for over 7 years. Its never lasted LESS ...

Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    Then you're using it wrong. Been using Zaino for over 7 years. Its never lasted LESS than 4-5 months for me.
    NOPE!...i have a pro. detail it....hes done all my cars and alots of other people i know and have no problems

i just have problems with my cars that are outside 100% of the time...it just doesnt last compared to other stuff i have used

Professional Detailer GoFast908Z's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    NOPE!...i have a pro. detail it....hes done all my cars and alots of other people i know and have no problems

i just have problems with my cars that are outside 100% of the time...it just doesnt last compared to other stuff i have used
    Then, respectfully... your "pro" is doing it wrong. My cars don't get garaged either and i have no problems getting months of protection and shine out of the Zaino. I get solid beading for multiple months. If I put a coat of Z2 or Z5 topped with ZCS I get an easy 7-8 months outside in harsh weather.

There are few products that last as long as Zaino.

Then, respectfully... your "pro" is doing it wrong. My cars don't get garaged either and i have no problems getting months of protection and shine out of the Zaino. I get solid beading for multiple months. If I put a coat of Z2 or Z5 topped with ZCS I get an easy 7-8 months outside in harsh weather.

well i only have 2 coats on that car in question...guess over time it will built up?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Sadly, most people that criticize Zaino or say it doesn't work very well, don't use it properly.

blue

It looked better....but RejeX has lasted longer in my experiences.
    x2 on the rejex. I use it on everything even the aluminum on my bayboat. Its really good stuff.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Camaro Z28

well i only have 2 coats on that car in question...guess over time it will built up?
    I've gotten 1 coat to last 6 months before. Additional coats only provide additional protection if the first coat wasn't applied fully and spots were missed.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

You couldn't be more wrong with that statement diph.

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    B/c tech wax and Zaino is just oily/filler junk. Yes it looks great at first, then after about a week the oils vanish and there is no longer any shine.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Then I guess I'm better at polishing a car than your 'pro' is.

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Then I guess I'm better at polishing a car than your 'pro' is.
    well seeing as i talked about this with couple other highend pro's and they all said the same thing TSS said, more or less...and i seeing it first hand soooo it is what it is

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

I've just started using Klasse. Today is the first day I've driven one of them (the Cobra) in the rain. I guess I'll see how it does long term from this point. But so far I'm very happy with it. The All-in-One goes on and off quite easily. The Glaze requires a little more attention but is still pretty easy. I haven't used Zaino yet, I'm just now getting serious about my polishing/protecting and trying the synthetics. I'd like to try it in the future to do my own comparisons...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Pro's don't typically care for Zaino as it takes away from their business.

well seeing as i talked about this with couple other highend pro's and they all said the same thing TSS said, more or less...and i seeing it first hand soooo it is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Pro's don't typically care for Zaino as it takes away from their business.
    i the ones i talked with offered Zaino if you want...they said the owner of cars more or less tells them what they want on there cars unless its a car that needs alot of work

the only problem i have with Zaino is on my cars that are outside 100% of the time...i still use it on my other cars without problems

it might have something to do with where you live compared to others...just a guess, im in FL and we still see 90* days at this time of year

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Camaro Z28

Which pros?

Which pros?
    just ones around town that i know of

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Camaro Z28

just ones around town that i know of
    Real high end pros are few and far between, having multiple ones in one town is nearly unheard of.. Sounds to me like they don't know what they're talking about. Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I have years and years of experience with this product and done literally hundreds of cars and never had a single person have issue with its durability. The environment in Florida is not to blame either. I know many real high end pros, who have very publicly know businesses and none have these issues with Zaino.

It can be only one of two things... 1. Improper application (most likely). 2. A bad batch of Zaino.

Black
    1994 Trans Am

Hi
    I use Race Glaze 55 over here in the UK not sure if you can get it in the States?
    Very easy to use and gives great results.
    Check out some pics of my Trans Am and Cadillac my mates cars which I detail using it.
    Cheers
    Dunc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information