Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

What Kind of Wax do you use?

This is a discussion on What Kind of Wax do you use? within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by urstolendesire oh...The Mothers "reflections" wax was awwwsome. I used about half a bottle. $12 at summit and ...

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by urstolendesire View Post
    oh...The Mothers "reflections" wax was awwwsome. I used about half a bottle. $12 at summit and it is by far the best wax I have evvver used. My hood has some chips just from rocks over the years and usually wax gets in there and makes little white circles but not this stuff?? works amazing...
    lol, man!
    I think you used too much. A 1/4 of an ounce would've been plenty...

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by urstolendesire View Post
    oh...The Mothers "reflections" wax was awwwsome. I used about half a bottle. $12 at summit and it is by far the best wax I have evvver used. My hood has some chips just from rocks over the years and usually wax gets in there and makes little white circles but not this stuff?? works amazing...
    Ya I used a half bottle on my car once.It tipped over...Some spilled on the car and some spilled on the floor. Does nothing for cement floors BTW.......
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((>`..`.><((((>

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

FWIW-the true "zymol heads" hate the stuff at wallmart called zymol, they like the boutique line of zymol....

I like Chemical Guys Peats 53, Pinnacle Soverign, Poorboys Nattys Blue, Megs NXT 2.0, Adams Butter wax (same has CG's?) most of these other than the Megs are referred to has "boutique car waxes" for more info than we can ever find here, read up on car wax at http://autopia.org/forum/ (car detailing forum I hang out on)

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

That NXT stuff is pretty good, I used to use it and still have some around. I tried that Ice stuff from Turtlewax.. it looks nice, but doesn't last long. I've switched to using Meguires Gold Class paste wax now.. used it yesterday, wow!

red
    01firebird formula

formula 113 or mothers reflections

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

ive gone away from wax, and moved towards polymers.

i used to use Eagle1 Nano whacks, decent product. but nothing is as good as a polymer.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Fury_786 View Post
    but nothing is as good as a polymer.
    A TRUE wax is best in my opinion.

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

define a true wax?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

define a true wax?
    The really expensive carnauba waxes.

Pinnacle Souveran
    Victoria's Concours

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

gotcha

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

ive gone away from wax, and moved towards polymers.

i used to use Eagle1 Nano whacks, decent product. but nothing is as good as a polymer.
    I'm a big polymer sealants fan. I like them for their durability, shine, and optical clarity; that said, a carnauba wax has an edge on sealants by offerring -in my opinion- more depth, wet and warm looks, especially on dark color cars. A high-end carnuaba wax can yield 2-3 months durability with proper prep...

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

i like to use a nice glaze before i seal with a polymer, it gives a much deeper look.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    The really expensive carnauba waxes.

Pinnacle Souveran
    Victoria's Concours
    Pinnacle Souveran on black and red cars. IMO

black
    1998 ram air m6 ws6

Prima Epic

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

I’ve used Mothers pure carnauba wax, its part of their three-step thing. I’ve been using it for years on my black GTA, my yellow Corvette, and now my black Trans Am. The mothers looks alright, but I think my car needs a good polishing. I’m debating on picking up one of those Porta-Cable Dual action polishers, and switching over to Pinnacle products. Out of all the products I’ve been looking at I’ve been most impressed with theirs

Any advice on polishers would be great! I’ve always frowned upon them, but looking at some of there results you guys are getting I’m willing to give it a shot.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by Rob00Taws6 View Post
    Ive used Mothers pure carnauba wax, its part of their three-step thing. Ive been using it for years on my black GTA, my yellow Corvette, and now my black Trans Am. The mothers looks alright, but I think my car needs a good polishing. Im debating on picking up one of those Porta-Cable Dual action polishers, and switching over to Pinnacle products. Out of all the products Ive been looking at Ive been most impressed with theirs

Any advice on polishers would be great! Ive always frowned upon them, but looking at some of there results you guys are getting Im willing to give it a shot.
    You can't really go wrong with the PC
    For starters, I would recommend getting the PC, some orange, white, and blue or black pads. That's all you need to have with your PC
    For polishers, you can get the Menzerna SIP (Super Intensive Polish) I have the German version (PO85RD3.02) it's a great polish and will work well on GM hard clearcoat finishes -FBodies, and Corvettes-
    This polish with practice can finish ready for wax
    Another good polish that is a great finisher is the new 3M Ultrafina
    To keep it simple, those two products plus your wax of choice will make you happy. Of course there are glazes, sealants that can be thrown in the mix, but they will alter your process...

Another good polisher for hobbysts and to some Pros, is the Flex XC3401 VRG Orbital Polisher (Dual Action)
    I'll be getting one in not too long...

Silver/Black
    1995 Z28

I noticed a couple of guys posted "Zaino". If you are not familiar with this, go to www.zainobros.com

These are some incredible products. Oh, and, by the way, show cars are never waxed, only polished.

See ya,

Radome

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

so I currently use Meguires products and have my whole like. Always had great results..I am thinking about trying some Zaino or Zymol....Fist off how much better is zaino or zymol compared to meguires,.....and second out of zaino and zymol (the real stuff) which is better?

10's N/A

Price doesn't mean everything when it comes to wax. I use Zymol and have been told I have one of the cleanest F-bodies in town!

Silver/Black
    1995 Z28

If your car must stay outside, you must use a wax for protection. But if your car is for nice weather only and it stays in a garage, you don't need wax, you need polish. I have heard some brands on here for the first time. I don't know if they are waxes or polish. If you go the zaino route or any premium show polish, the first thing you need to do is get every speck of wax off the car. This means a bath in Joy dishwashing liquid. Once you get the wax off, then you are ready to zaino the car. It goes on in layers and I am generalizing here but it is very easy to do. Once you get 3 to 5 coats on, I promise you the paint will "pop". Especially if it is a darker color from red, blue, black, etc. My car is silver and it pops but not as good as a black car. Also, Zaino has a new product they just introduced. I guess it is a polymer. It comes in a spray bottle and you only use 1/4 to 1/2 ounce to do your entire car. You just put it on with a cotton applicator and just walk away. I have it on order.

I am really sold on Zaino. For those of you that have been to the Fbody Gathering in Atlanta, you probably know about the vendor that sets up on site and, by appointment, he will Zaino you car inside and out. I had mine done at G10 and the judges complimented me on the paint. If my engine bay had been in show condition, I would have gotten a 1st place instead of the 2nd place I received.

Not trying to toot my own horn, just trying to impress upon you guys about the wonders of using Zaino products. Check them out.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information