Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

What can I use to remove grease stains from my carpet?

I have a very sticky stain of grease that I have been trying to remove. The grease is just very thick to remove. I need something to soften it and wipe it off. Any ideas?
    Last edited by JayTA98; 07-23-2011 at 06:42 AM.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

what kind of grease?

Sunset metallic orange
    '01 Camaro SS

I was online one day reading other uses for coca-cola. I'm a nut coca-cola nut!!! I was reading a long list of shit you can do/try. I just so happen to come across something about grease they said to pour one can of coke into your washer with your clothes to remove the stains then let it soak for a little to break it up then wash them like how you would normally. & it should remove them. So my guess is target the areas where grease is & pour a lil coke on there let it sit for about half hour then use detergent.

Just my .02$ tho....... Or online's really!!!(lol)

I've got some old work cloths I gonna try this out on. Plus my cars carpet bc it's cut up anyway.
    The sound of your piss hitting the urinal.......yea it sounds feminine!

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

im not sure. it looks like high temp grease. Is kinda of brown color. I tried soap, scrub it and no luck.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Eganslp View Post
    I was online one day reading other uses for coca-cola. I'm a nut coca-cola nut!!! I was reading a long list of shit you can do/try. I just so happen to come across something about grease they said to pour one can of coke into your washer with your clothes to remove the stains then let it soak for a little to break it up then wash them like how you would normally. & it should remove them. So my guess is target the areas where grease is & pour a lil coke on there let it sit for about half hour then use detergent.

Just my .02$ tho....... Or online's really!!!(lol)

I've got some old work cloths I gonna try this out on. Plus my cars carpet bc it's cut up anyway.
    interesting.
    1998 TA 130k A4, LS6 intake, TunedByFrost, Airlid, AIR and EGR delete, Borla exhaust, front Eibach lowering springs, LS6 valley cover, UMI TQ arm, UMI LCA's, UMI panhard bar, Poly engine mounts, BMR relocation brackets, Blistein HD shocks and struts, Oil catch can, Autotrix window fix.

Now I have an 2001 F150 5.4L

blue
    1999 TransAm

have you tried any of the foaming carpet cleaner products? they come in a spray can, and usually the cap doubles as a brush.... otherwise, anything grease-related, i'd suspect try some kind of degreaser product you might have around the house. i i have some stuff called krud cutter - it works great for a lot of things, ...simple green might be good too.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

From goodhousekeeping.com

Carpet

1. Scrape off excess grease.

2. Sprinkle baking soda, cornstarch, or other absorbent on the stain. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes, and then vacuum.

3. Using a clean white cloth, sponge the stain with a dry-cleaning solvent.

4. Blot until the solvent is absorbed.

5. If the stain remains, mix one tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent and one tablespoon of white vinegar with two cups of warm water. Sponge the stain with this solution. Blot until the liquid is absorbed.

6. Sponge with cold water and blot dry to remove the detergent/vinegar solution.

Read more: Removing Grease Stain from Carpet - How to Remove Grease Stain - Good Housekeeping

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    have you tried any of the foaming carpet cleaner products? they come in a spray can, and usually the cap doubles as a brush.... otherwise, anything grease-related, i'd suspect try some kind of degreaser product you might have around the house. i i have some stuff called krud cutter - it works great for a lot of things, ...simple green might be good too.
    yup i tried carpet products, wont even make the stain laugh. I was going to try degreaser but i dont want it do discolor the area.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    From goodhousekeeping.com

Carpet

1. Scrape off excess grease.

2. Sprinkle baking soda, cornstarch, or other absorbent on the stain. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes, and then vacuum.

3. Using a clean white cloth, sponge the stain with a dry-cleaning solvent.

4. Blot until the solvent is absorbed.

5. If the stain remains, mix one tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent and one tablespoon of white vinegar with two cups of warm water. Sponge the stain with this solution. Blot until the liquid is absorbed.

6. Sponge with cold water and blot dry to remove the detergent/vinegar solution.

Read more: Removing Grease Stain from Carpet - How to Remove Grease Stain - Good Housekeeping
    thanks 35th I'll try that after i finish messing with my TB.

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Lestoil......

A few years ago at work I found a truck tire with the rim on it and for some dumb reason I thought I could use it at home so I opened the rear hatch of my Firebird and muscled it in. After I unloaded the tire from inside my car I had ground in grease and who knows what other stuff.
    So, now I have to clean it. First use a shop-vac and suck up any thing that will come loose, then scrub with straight Lestoil and Hot water and suck up with shop-vac. Then wash wash Hot water again because the smell of the Lestoil is over-welling, use the shop-vac alot until the carpet is damp. Then park the car in the sun with the windows down for as long as you can, shop-vac it again. Don't worry the smell of the Lestoil will disappear in about 2-3 weeks.

Lestoil..............

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 024mula View Post
    Lestoil......

A few years ago at work I found a truck tire with the rim on it and for some dumb reason I thought I could use it at home so I opened the rear hatch of my Firebird and muscled it in. After I unloaded the tire from inside my car I had ground in grease and who knows what other stuff.
    So, now I have to clean it. First use a shop-vac and suck up any thing that will come loose, then scrub with straight Lestoil and Hot water and suck up with shop-vac. Then wash wash Hot water again because the smell of the Lestoil is over-welling, use the shop-vac alot until the carpet is damp. Then park the car in the sun with the windows down for as long as you can, shop-vac it again. Don't worry the smell of the Lestoil will disappear in about 2-3 weeks.

Lestoil..............
    you know what i used lestoil before and it works wonders. i completely forgot about lestoil. I have to find it. Thanks

Pewter
    99 Z/28

i wanna know too b/c i accidently stained my rear hatch carpet area with the gooey black adhesive on the plastic sheet behind the door panels. lol what a dummy.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Yea Jay, any update?

Thread Information