Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

Angry Touch up paint nightmare

Where to begin...

My son, who I just may strangle, crashed his bicycle into my T/A that I have owned for less than a month. In doing so, he left a small dent, that I was able to pull out with no obvious damage, but he also left a scratch with his handle bars on the A pillar behind the drivers side door. My wife, in an attempt to avoid any bloodshed, had a buddy of hers come over and apply touch up paint, with a tiny little brush, to the scratch while I was at work. The paint he used does not match, it is slightly darker. I can live with that as it was a small scratch and you really have to get up close to the car to see the difference in the paint color. However, he was not careful about it and the "touch up" paint is lumpy in some spots and raised above the surface of the rest of the paint job. This is the part that is driving me insane. I would rather have the scratch back. Will a Clay bar smooth it out, and some good polish with an orbital buffer blend it into the rest of the panel, or am I basically looking at having to take it to a shop to have that pillar repainted?

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

http://www.langka.com/

You may want to try this.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

kill the kid...

man i remember when i did the same thing as a 7-8 y/o to my dads 69ss, but scratched the rear decklid spoiler. my butthole puckered up, i thought i was dead...

you could claybar, polish, buff etc. to help blend it un better. i have a suggestion that if you could take a good pic and post it up for us members to see we could be able to assist you better so that you would be pleased with the results, should you choose to do the work yourself...

Silver
    2002 SS

Here's another place that is a good source for touch up.

http://www.paintscratch.com/

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

Alright, I'll try to get a good pic of it up. But I don't have a digital camera, so maybe I'll just take a whole roll of pictures of my car and get them done at a 1 hr place. But, I want you all to know how much suffering that will cause, taking lots of pictures of my car....I don't know how I will survive it.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

If the rest of the paint is primo you may want to take it to a body shop/paint shop. I know your pain-these little bastard kids next door leaned their bikes on the rear bumber of my car(which is black) and but 2 3ft scratches in my paint. I bought a surveilance camera the next day. Next time it happens I will have their asses on tape and their parents will be paying.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Sand it down level with the surface, apply some clear over that and then buff it.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Sand it down level with the surface, apply some clear over that and then buff it.
    I agree. That's probably the best option other than getting the right paint from a Chevy dealer and redo the scratch, and then sand down, clear coat, and buff as Siggy said

Thread Information