Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tinting Windows

This is a discussion on Tinting Windows within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by BirdFlewLS1 No Unqiue is just cutting the tint and applying hte water to the back of the ...

green
    94 z28

Quote Originally Posted by BirdFlewLS1 View Post
    No Unqiue is just cutting the tint and applying hte water to the back of the tint so it will stick so they can cut it to have perfect window curve cuts...

Last year I had a problem with a cop giving me tint tickets and so when I moved to SD I put on darker and going to school in MN yet I put 5% TINT on myself, Ive done alot of larger decals and tint is very very hard to make happy. I put it on the outside cut it to length ect. You have to have time and more time, it probably took me 3hrs to do it in my Grand prix. and boy does Tint piss off the cops. But I advise you not to put any darker than 25% on the back it is extremly hard to see out of at night. It may look goofy with 5% all the way around until hte back window. but i had to change it after putting 5% on.

Tips:
    Clean windows with AMMONA
    take a credit card and scrap all of the windows
    cut tint to size.
    spray tint and window with DISTILLED water
    place on window and squeege from the center up and down then work side to side.
    Tint will get darker as the water inbetween will evaporate.

www.Snaptint.com precut tint to any car. Did it on my trans am windows....it worked wonderful
    Holy jesus than you for that link. That should save me at least $100.

The only thing is...what does it mean by "front windows" and "back windows"? The camaro only has front...lol. Neither was talking about the windshield or hatch either.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by xinthenight View Post
    Holy jesus than you for that link. That should save me at least $100.

The only thing is...what does it mean by "front windows" and "back windows"? The camaro only has front...lol. Neither was talking about the windshield or hatch either.
    Front windows means passenger/driver side window and back window means rear hatchback glass. Looks good and all but have you ever tried to put tint on? Its a pain in the ass! And once you fk it up you gotta order a new piece. Even if you do get it on its not gonna look as good as a guy that installs tint everyday for a living.If you want your tint to look perfect then I suggest leaving it to the pros. This kit is almost $100.00 I got my car done by a pro for $200.00. If you do go for it please post pics.

Red
    2001 Trans Am

hey if you paint the dot matrix does that mess up your defroster?

green
    94 z28

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    Front windows means passenger/driver side window and back window means rear hatchback glass. Looks good and all but have you ever tried to put tint on? Its a pain in the ass! And once you fk it up you gotta order a new piece. Even if you do get it on its not gonna look as good as a guy that installs tint everyday for a living.If you want your tint to look perfect then I suggest leaving it to the pros. This kit is almost $100.00 I got my car done by a pro for $200.00. If you do go for it please post pics.
    No, the back window wasn't the hatch, they had a seperate option for the hatch to be tinted.

Yes, I am thinking about going with this option. I have tinted a few windows myself, mostly on my car that I used to travel all over the east coast for work during the summer because by the time I got to work I'd have my knee/arm sun burnt. I'll post pictures if I do, but it will probably be at least a month seeing as I want an exhaust and custom CAI before I tint the windows.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I believe they just left in options for back windows for the first gen camaros and you are supposed to just ignore that option if you have a newer camaro. The first gens had a tiny passenger and drivers side window for people in the back seat.

green
    94 z28

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    I believe they just left in options for back windows for the first gen camaros and you are supposed to just ignore that option if you have a newer camaro. The first gens had a tiny passenger and drivers side window for people in the back seat.
    You owe me a new LCD monitor....and you know why. Damn you.

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by BirdFlewLS1 View Post
    No Unqiue is just cutting the tint and applying hte water to the back of the tint so it will stick so they can cut it to have perfect window curve cuts...

Last year I had a problem with a cop giving me tint tickets and so when I moved to SD I put on darker and going to school in MN yet I put 5% TINT on myself, Ive done alot of larger decals and tint is very very hard to make happy. I put it on the outside cut it to length ect. You have to have time and more time, it probably took me 3hrs to do it in my Grand prix. and boy does Tint piss off the cops. But I advise you not to put any darker than 25% on the back it is extremly hard to see out of at night. It may look goofy with 5% all the way around until hte back window. but i had to change it after putting 5% on.

Tips:
    Clean windows with AMMONA
    take a credit card and scrap all of the windows
    cut tint to size.
    spray tint and window with DISTILLED water
    place on window and squeege from the center up and down then work side to side.
    Tint will get darker as the water inbetween will evaporate.

www.Snaptint.com precut tint to any car. Did it on my trans am windows....it worked wonderful

well last epdisode , after that black did the tint ( on fronts , and getting all the air bubbles out , the owner will said know do the inside.) im sure it can be good to fit the window exactly but after he said that , i know they do inside and outside.

well hey those cars are 250,000$ cars soo i guess getting a darker look aint that big of deal when worry about some cheap tint

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by xinthenight View Post
    You owe me a new LCD monitor....and you know why. Damn you.
    hahahaha sorry!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information