Thinking about trying Zaino?

This is a discussion on Thinking about trying Zaino? within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; I have a black Camaro with lots of swirls. I was thinking of purchasing Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit ...

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Thinking about trying Zaino?

I have a black Camaro with lots of swirls. I was thinking of purchasing Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit is it really worth it? Thanks
    2000 Camaro SS - 6 speed - Billet grill - Halo Headlights -18 Z06 Rims with BF Goodrich KDW - Strano Springs - Magnaflow catback into CME Tips - JL Audio Speakers and Tweeters - K&N Filter

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Yes it is. However, depending on the intensity of the swirl marks on your finish, it might be worth it to go over everything once with a buffer/polisher using some 3M fine cut rubbing compound or swirl mark remover. These are mildly abrasive (won't damage your clear coat much) products that work very well with a buffer/polisher and will remove many of the fine scratches/swirl marks in your finish. Particularly beneficial to a dark colored car such as yours. Once you've done this, wash the car good with some dish washing soap to remove and leftover oils from the product. Then, slap on the Zaino. This is what I did with my own car and the results were good. Now, keep in mind, mildly abrasive does mean they do have some abrasives in them so don't overdo it with the buffer. I own my own buffer (a Porter-Cable one) and you should be able to find one at a local hardware store or tools store. I would typically run mine on anywhere between 2-3,3000 RPM. Mine has a max speed of 6k RPM. You do not want to buff the finish at over 3k RPM, and it's not necessary to do so.

Here are two pics I took of the black area on my car after working on it. Not a great representation, but it gives you kinda an idea.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

o ya it is worth it for sure

Thread Information