Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

taking my car on a mini road trip

This is a discussion on taking my car on a mini road trip within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; alright guys this weekend i plan on driving my car about 600 miles, im already starting to have a mini ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    taking my car on a mini road trip

    alright guys this weekend i plan on driving my car about 600 miles, im already starting to have a mini panic attack about not having a garage and driving on the freeway and what have you,

    any tips to protecting the front area without a leather bra, can i tape it off without consequences?

    im already getting together my travel car kit if you will lol, duster, detail spray, lots of microfiber, and my car cover, hope its enough

    any suggestions, tips or words of wisdom,

    thanks in advance luke

  2. #2
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Don't tailgate or be next to trucks or very close behind them. I'd be afraid the tape would leave adhesive residue if you don't have enough wax where the tape won't stick. Tape doesn't stick to my car to well.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    keep your eyes on the road.

    If your afraid of scratching it then don't drive it. But then what would the point of owning one be?

  4. #4
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Don't tailgate or be next to trucks or very close behind them. I'd be afraid the tape would leave adhesive residue if you don't have enough wax where the tape won't stick. Tape doesn't stick to my car to well.
    yeah its just been recently clay bared 3 step ploshing and waxed, so i dont know if will stick, thanks for the tips thou

  5. #5
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    keep your eyes on the road.

    If your afraid of scratching it then don't drive it. But then what would the point of owning one be?
    most of the time i just cruise around city streets, i guess thats enough for me, long trips always stress me out, in any of my camaro's

  6. #6
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    bah, 600 round trip? that's a joke, i used to do that shit all the time and will do it more often once the summer comes back around. Just cruise @ 85 and enjoy the passing line

  7. #7
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    bah, 600 round trip? that's a joke, i used to do that shit all the time and will do it more often once the summer comes back around. Just cruise @ 85 and enjoy the passing line
    probably gonna throw it in cruise and sit at 75, cops are bitches,and so are rocks

  8. #8
    Senior Member bigrondownhiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,674

    Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

    3m makes a protective tape that is easily removed. You can try a motocross shop. I think it comes in 3ft wide strips.

  9. #9
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,188

    Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

    A clear bra would solve the problem forever !

  10. #10
    glimmerglassdetailing.com
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Posts
    98

    Topaz Blue, White
    2002 BMW M3, S10 Xtreme

    I've used painters tape on long road trips before. Always worked well for me.
    Enter Forum Coupon Code LS1 for 10% off entire purchase.
    www.glimmerglassdetailing.com

  11. #11
    Senior Member OnEbAdReDSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Puyallup
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,416

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

    you guys are crazy... and weird... i drive my car aleast 500 miles one way to my wifes family... just pass the truckers and say about 10 cars back from the rest of the stuipd drivers... and if you go fast enough the bugs won't hit your car! just your grill!

  12. #12
    glimmerglassdetailing.com
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Posts
    98

    Topaz Blue, White
    2002 BMW M3, S10 Xtreme

    I wish a lot of these pics were still hosted and came up. A few still are, but there were some funny damn pics in the thread. Anyway, dont think you've gone overboard until you check this out

    http://crazytopics.blogspot.com/2006...with-tape.html

    Original thread and writeup located here:
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2918517

  13. #13
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    yeah well the trip was okay i guess i took a rock to the windsheild just chipped, it and blew up my rear end street racing in farmland 300 miles from home, that sucked really bad, stupid 4.10's, i switched back to stock the next morning thanks to my friend and my gf dropping it off to me in the middle of the night lol

  14. #14
    Member 99'CajunFirehawk157's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    39466 USA
    Age
    56
    Posts
    902

    Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000SuperSportMaro View Post
    you guys are crazy... and weird... i drive my car aleast 500 miles one way to my wifes family... just pass the truckers and say about 10 cars back from the rest of the stuipd drivers... and if you go fast enough the bugs won't hit your car! just your grill!
    really, in the last hour my wife got a rock chip and she is has anal has me about following anything, so yeah, were crazy about our cars!!

  15. #15
    Think Spring..... 4get gto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northampton County, Pa.
    Posts
    1,147

    NBM
    2000 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000SuperSportMaro View Post
    you guys are crazy... and weird... i drive my car aleast 500 miles one way to my wifes family... just pass the truckers and say about 10 cars back from the rest of the stuipd drivers... and if you go fast enough the bugs won't hit your car! just your grill!
    Just lost for words on this one.............




  16. #16
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    yeah well the trip was okay i guess i took a rock to the windsheild just chipped, it and blew up my rear end street racing in farmland 300 miles from home, that sucked really bad, stupid 4.10's, i switched back to stock the next morning thanks to my friend and my gf dropping it off to me in the middle of the night lol

    Sounds like the road debris should have been your last concern! Sucks about the window chip. I have a couple from the previous owner that bug the shit out of me.

    When is the new rear going to be ordered?

  17. #17
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Sounds like the road debris should have been your last concern! Sucks about the window chip. I have a couple from the previous owner that bug the shit out of me.

    When is the new rear going to be ordered?
    well next tax return should be enough for my 9 inch and 4.30 gears. lol

  18. #18
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    I was going to swap 4.10 in my stock rear, but decided that would just be a waste of money. I'm still trying to decide between a 9 or S60.

  19. #19
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I was going to swap 4.10 in my stock rear, but decided that would just be a waste of money. I'm still trying to decide between a 9 or S60.
    too be honest, i really didnt notice any track time differance without running slicks, and we all now how that goes, if i could do it all over again i would have sold the rear and kept the money, i mean shit i got that rear for free, so what the hell

    i say 9" and by next year they will have one for the 4 channel cars so im in lol

  20. #20
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    I've heard bad things about the TQ arm mounts on the 9's. But I havn't done a lot of looking into that yet as I have other things to buy first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. First road trip in the GTO!
    By DeathTongue in forum GTO
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-04-2015, 03:16 PM
  2. Crusher Camaro Road Trip - Road Kill
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 01:30 AM
  3. Hot Rod Road Trip - Trip Starts January 20th 2011
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 08:10 PM
  4. Question: Road Trip
    By WonFastWS6 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 10:00 PM
  5. road trip!!! any one from here
    By 440 rwhp trans am in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 10:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •