Results 1 to 6 of 6

Taking care of decals and stripes

This is a discussion on Taking care of decals and stripes within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Does anyone use any product on vynil stripes?...

  1. #1
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    aurora
    Age
    32
    Posts
    162

    Taking care of decals and stripes

    Does anyone use any product on vynil stripes?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Z06-Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,276

    Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

    Quote Originally Posted by freddy_caprice View Post
    Does anyone use any product on vynil stripes?
    I don't, unless they're faded then I use some AIO type product to remove oxidation build-up, other than that, just whatever I use on the paint, be it wax or sealant would do...

  3. #3
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    aurora
    Age
    32
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    I don't, unless they're faded then I use some AIO type product to remove oxidation build-up, other than that, just whatever I use on the paint, be it wax or sealant would do...
    AIO? lol sorry.
    hhhmmm maybe i should use polish or wax on it. Thanks

  4. #4
    Senior Member Z06-Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,276

    Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

    Quote Originally Posted by freddy_caprice View Post
    AIO? lol sorry.
    hhhmmm maybe i should use polish or wax on it. Thanks

    AIO= All-In-One product. Products designed to clean, polish, shine and protect, like Duragloss 501 or Klasse AIO
    If you're going to use a polish, do it by hand, never run a buffer over stripe decals...just in case...

  5. #5
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    aurora
    Age
    32
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    AIO= All-In-One product. Products designed to clean, polish, shine and protect, like Duragloss 501 or Klasse AIO
    If you're going to use a polish, do it by hand, never run a buffer over stripe decals...just in case...
    Thanks very much for the tip.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Z06-Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,276

    Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

    Quote Originally Posted by freddy_caprice View Post
    Thanks very much for the tip.
    Not a problem, man. Anytime...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Taking it to the next level.
    By pajeff02 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 10:44 PM
  2. Taking off the cats
    By transamgirl89 in forum V6
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 10:38 PM
  3. New Stripes & Decals
    By TheChad1371 in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 01:51 AM
  4. Swapping blackbird stripes for ram air stripes
    By ls1bandit in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 01:02 AM
  5. taking off the tb. should i know anything
    By Z28_SS in forum External Engine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 07:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •