Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

Swirlies in my clear coat, frustration ensuing!

I've been reading the other threads around here, and I've learned a lot, but I feel as though I need to personally ask the question as well, I need more than just standard cleaning products, I need the best full on cleaning instrument(s) I can possibly find for custom paint. Any sort of opinion is welcome.

(of course that isn't true if standard cleaning products will work just as well, but I've noticed, with this, you get what you pay for)

There's a large keying on the driver's side door from a douche-bag who decided he wanted to cost me a lot of money. Also various paint chips from normal use and wear, along with SWIRLIES IN THE FKIN' COAT! All of which I would like to know what would be the best to take care of them. Another thing I'd like to know, how much do clear-bras generally run for an F-Body?

Heres some better pics for you all to feast on, and perhaps advise me. And BTW, the paint is 11 years old. Thank you all in advance for your advice!!
    Last edited by Pyromaniacal; 09-22-2007 at 12:37 PM.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

hmm, i would contact the person who pained the car. I'v heard that shit is 100% warrantied for life. Dunno if it's transferable; that is if you bought the car painted like that?

really amazing paint job....really shitty luck, man.

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

I would use some Meguires medium cleaner with a wool or coarse foam buffing pad on a buffer. If the swirls are really deep you may need to use the heavy cut cleaner. Then go back over it with some Meguires machine glaze with a fine foam pad on the buffer. I finish with Meguires NXT tech wax, ( I tried it for the first time on my custom paint and am very impressed with it). Depending if the keying mark is through the clearcoat or not will determine if it will disappear. Be very careful when buffing near edges the trick I use is to use masking tape and tape off these areas, and emblems and such to not burn the paint or tear them off. See picture below.
    Attachment 6527
    Last edited by Frozen WS6; 10-04-2006 at 06:41 AM.

Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

I see, the keymarking is down to the metal so hopefully I can find a kit that can touch it up. If not I believe I can find the original painter(s), but I'm sure it'll cost me an arm and a leg, I found something by Langka that may be able to help me, a "blob eliminator" kit to fill in keying marks and paint chips. Can someone give me some background on this product, is it not good to use on a paintjob such as mine?

Also, I will try what you said for the Swirlies, Frozen, and btw your car looks badass!

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Thanks. I have never seen Langka before, I'm not sure how it will do.

1 BAD ASS BOWTIE StangKiller615's Avatar

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

The swriles can be buffed out, but the car being keyed will probally need to be repainted. It would be hard to find a touch-up kit for you considering you have a custom paint job.

Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

It was keyed 100% over the blue part of the car, the airbrushing was not effected.

I do believe I have the paint that has the grinded up diamonds or something (help me out here with the name of this paint) in it to make it shine better and cost loads more, so that may be a complication there.

Also, www.langka.com -Frozen -- Also, can you elaborate for me what could cause paint burn during the operation of buffering?

1 BAD ASS BOWTIE StangKiller615's Avatar

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniacal View Post
    It was keyed 100% over the blue part of the car, the airbrushing was not effected.

I do believe I have the paint that has the grinded up diamonds or something (help me out here with the name of this paint) in it to make it shine better and cost loads more, so that may be a complication there.

Also, www.langka.com -Frozen
    Flakes in the paint? It could be House of Kolors.

6 Speed / Spice Red

Spice Red
    06 GTO

Have you tried
    Zaino Z-PC Fusion Paint Cleanser/Swirl Remover

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino

I've never tried it, but his other products simply rock. For $17, what have you got to lose to try? I think Sal guarantees satisfaction, but check the website. I never worried about actually, since I've been using his stuff since '99 and always 1000% happy. The car always looks great.
    Tom 06 GTO
    Spice Red 6 Speed 18" Wheels

Used to Be... Tom 02 Z28 - 6/01 to 8/06
    My 02 Z28 - Sold 8/27/06

Used to Be... Tom 99 SS - Gathering 3 & 4 Days
    My 99 SS - Still on Sal's Website

Thread Information