Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59

Say no to chamois

This is a discussion on Say no to chamois within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Anyone use the "absorber" ive used it for years and it works awesome!...

  1. #41
    Senior Member KyleLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    3,534

    NBM
    99 TA

    Anyone use the "absorber"
    ive used it for years and it works awesome!

  2. #42
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,329

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    Anyone use the "absorber"
    ive used it for years and it works awesome!
    You must not have a black car-if you did you would hate the absorber. It causes swirls like mofo. The reason it causes swirls is because it is a synthetic material that doesnt have large pores so it drags contaminants like grit/sand etc. across the surface of the cars clearcoat. The end result- SWIRLS.

  3. #43
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    [QUOTE=02z28ls1;1368653]I have a water blade but don't like a couple things about it.
    1. On the Camaro it doesn't get the water out of the various lines on the car like the hood very well.
    2. You still have to use something else to finish the job so why use it?


    I also use the California Water Blade. Works great. It's not meant to get every drop of water off.

    I only use it to get the majority of the water off the car, then finish up with a Chamois. Without using the water blade first you can't get very far with the chamois without stopping to ring it.

    This method is actually faster for me.

  4. #44
    Senior Member 02z28ls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    near St. Louis
    Posts
    1,205

    navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

    Well I haven't used my water blade in a while so the way I remember it is this-it got the car too dry and left streaks that were difficult to remove (hard water area here) without rewetting the area with something. So it depends on what I'm trying to do. If I'm going back over it with Instant Detail then that would not be a problem, but if I'm just washing and going then I don't like the streaks. Actually put the thing away a couple years back and have largely forgotten about it. Been using terry cloth towels almost exclusively lately, the ones made for car detailing. You have to wring them out and go over areas until there is little water left-but the results are a really clean finish. At least it seems to be working well so far, I buy new ones all the time but washing them seems to work out ok too.

  5. #45
    Internet Tough Guy Fury_786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    698

    Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

    I only use it to get the majority of the water off the car, then finish up with a Chamois. Without using the water blade first you can't get very far with the chamois without stopping to ring it.

    This method is actually faster for me.
    Word

  6. #46
    Senior Member ss~zoso~ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    )
    Posts
    9,128

    SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Chamois suck!! Today was nice so i decided to clean the trans am. My meguires water magnet had a tear in it so i threw it away, plus it was like 2 yrs old. I went to the auto part store and got a chamoi. Iv been looking for the water magnet forever but i cant seem to find it. The instructions said to rinse it out in water before the first use, but i was in a hurry and decided to use it w/o doing that. The fucking thing killed my paint!! It was all white full of streak marks and the yellow residue of the chamoi. It would not move off the car!! I had to litterally drag it with all my strength just to move it about and inch. Basically i had to blot the entire car. I had to take my quick detailer and use it all over the car to get rid of the marks. Any1 have any good advice tips on using them? Im gonna clean my moms car tommorow and ill follow the directions. (It says its best used when the chamoi is a little moist) and if it the same result, ill burn that mofo and order my water magnet. The water magnet was by far the best cleaining product i have owned, and i have a BLACK car.
    your own stupid ass fault for not soaking it first...

  7. #47
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,329

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    your own stupid ass fault for not soaking it first...
    Ding ding ding-we have a winner!!!

  8. #48
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,329

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by 02z28ls1 View Post
    Well I haven't used my water blade in a while so the way I remember it is this-it got the car too dry and left streaks that were difficult to remove (hard water area here) without rewetting the area with something. So it depends on what I'm trying to do. If I'm going back over it with Instant Detail then that would not be a problem, but if I'm just washing and going then I don't like the streaks. Actually put the thing away a couple years back and have largely forgotten about it. Been using terry cloth towels almost exclusively lately, the ones made for car detailing. You have to wring them out and go over areas until there is little water left-but the results are a really clean finish. At least it seems to be working well so far, I buy new ones all the time but washing them seems to work out ok too.
    You should try Microfiber waffle weave towels for drying your car. I learned about them on a detailing site I joined a while back-really work well.
    use the ones made by Cobra. Also-they have a silk edge so the edges can never get rough like regular sewn edged towel so it wont scratch.

  9. #49
    Member jujofields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Posts
    900

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by shanepatrick1230 View Post
    mr clean auto dry works great once u get the hang of it
    I agree. I started using it last summer and it's worked great for me the whole time. Probably the biggest plus to it is not having to dry the car & worrying about marking the paint in the process...

  10. #50
    let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    hixson tennessee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,642

    white
    94 camaro z28

    Quote Originally Posted by shanepatrick1230 View Post
    just drive 160mph as soon as your done rinsing it
    that makes perfect sense. fuck getting a new towel then I'm doing that next time.

  11. #51
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,329

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    ^

  12. #52
    Internet Tough Guy Fury_786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    698

    Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

    NO chamois!

    there, told them!

    i told all the ones at work too.

    they looked at me in amazement

    2001 M6 SS - few mods...

  13. #53
    Senior Member Getzen_Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,530

    Black
    2000 T/A

    Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    The best/easiest way to dry a car with no swirls is a waffle weave microfiber towel. Another good way is with a electric leaf blower but I prefer the MF towel.
    Mf are the best, used to use chamois, but I get tired of wiping then wringing (repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(r epeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(rep eat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repea t)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat) (repeat)(repeat)

    so just get 2 or 3 Mf's and it looks great!

  14. #54
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,329

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    Mf are the best, used to use chamois, but I get tired of wiping then wringing (repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(r epeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(rep eat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repea t)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat)(repeat) (repeat)(repeat)

    so just get 2 or 3 Mf's and it looks great!
    I used to use the regular microfibers and they work pretty good but the waffle weave microfiber is the shit!!! I cant believe how much easier it is to dry the car now. I use Cobra microfiber towels not the cheap wal-mart kind-that makes a huge difference too.

  15. #55
    Senior Member JonB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,458

    Black
    2005 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    use a leaf blower to dry your car
    leaf blower and micro fiber waffle weaver FTW.
    05 PBM GTO
    Cold Air Inductions CAI,
    Relocated IAT with omega,
    Slp Predator tune,
    Flowmaster axle back with H pipe,
    Custom tuned TCM.
    BC Racing coil overs


    Sold 01 z28

  16. #56
    Internet Tough Guy Fury_786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    698

    Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

    No Chamois!!!

  17. #57
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Chamois suck!! Today was nice so i decided to clean the trans am. My meguires water magnet had a tear in it so i threw it away, plus it was like 2 yrs old. I went to the auto part store and got a chamoi. Iv been looking for the water magnet forever but i cant seem to find it. The instructions said to rinse it out in water before the first use, but i was in a hurry and decided to use it w/o doing that. The fucking thing killed my paint!! It was all white full of streak marks and the yellow residue of the chamoi. It would not move off the car!! I had to litterally drag it with all my strength just to move it about and inch. Basically i had to blot the entire car. I had to take my quick detailer and use it all over the car to get rid of the marks. Any1 have any good advice tips on using them? Im gonna clean my moms car tommorow and ill follow the directions. (It says its best used when the chamoi is a little moist) and if it the same result, ill burn that mofo and order my water magnet. The water magnet was by far the best cleaining product i have owned, and i have a BLACK car.
    Why blame it on the chamois simply because you did not follow instructions. It told you to "wet" it before use - a very important step when using any chamois. I've been using chamois for about 10 years now (wetting them before each use, of course) and have had not one issue. Plus there fast. One good swipe and it will basically dry an entire side of the car. First i've heard of anyone that did not like them.

  18. #58
    Senior Member 02z28ls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    near St. Louis
    Posts
    1,205

    navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Why blame it on the chamois simply because you did not follow instructions. It told you to "wet" it before use - a very important step when using any chamois. I've been using chamois for about 10 years now (wetting them before each use, of course) and have had not one issue. Plus there fast. One good swipe and it will basically dry an entire side of the car. First i've heard of anyone that did not like them.
    I agree.
    It would be the same thing as taking car wash soap concentrate and forgetting to dilute it with water, or putting on a coat of wax and not wiping it off all day in the sun. If you haven't used a product before-read the directions first to get the best results.
    I'm sure other products work well too, chamois is the original car detailer drying device that has been around for decades. And you can use the same chamois for decades also.

  19. #59
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by 02z28ls1 View Post
    I agree.
    It would be the same thing as taking car wash soap concentrate and forgetting to dilute it with water, or putting on a coat of wax and not wiping it off all day in the sun. If you haven't used a product before-read the directions first to get the best results.
    I'm sure other products work well too, chamois is the original car detailer drying device that has been around for decades. And you can use the same chamois for decades also.
    ++1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •