Red Moose Glaze question (Goose)

This is a discussion on Red Moose Glaze question (Goose) within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; I am finally about to clay bar,polish,glaze and wax my car - my question is do I use my pc ...

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Red Moose Glaze question (Goose)

I am finally about to clay bar,polish,glaze and wax my car - my question is do I use my pc 7424 with a black or gray LC pad for the red moose glaze?
    also does the glaze haze and then I buff it off? also I heaRD it needs 24 hours to cure-is that true? if so do I let the glaze sit on the car 24 hours and then buff it off? Thanks In advance man

One last question(sorry) I have 3m polish-should I apply it by hand or with the 7424? and if so with which lc pad?

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    I am finally about to clay bar,polish,glaze and wax my car - my question is do I use my pc 7424 with a black or gray LC pad for the red moose glaze?
    also does the glaze haze and then I buff it off? also I heaRD it needs 24 hours to cure-is that true? if so do I let the glaze sit on the car 24 hours and then buff it off? Thanks In advance man

One last question(sorry) I have 3m polish-should I apply it by hand or with the 7424? and if so with which lc pad?
    The glaze will be like applying a wax or sealant. So, you should use the LC black pad for that. It doesn't need to cure , only sealants need to cure anywhere from 12 to 24 hours, and by that, it's after you have done the final wipe down. It cures after it has been removed, and not while it hazes on the car
    Cure: the process needed for a polymer sealant to cross-link and bond to the paint AFTER it has been buffed-off
    Haze: it's the time it takes for an application of wax, sealant, or glaze to dry before it can be removed. Typically 3 to 20 minutes roughly. Depends on the product
    Note: you never -in my opinion- want to leave a product sitting on the surface overnight. I think it can attract dust and particles you don't want to drag across your paint when you're buffing it off. It's just my opinion, some people may think otherwise, some agree, so...

On the 3M polish, yes, apply by PC; you'd probably want to use the LC orange pad, or the LC white pad at a minimum. Work it at 5.5 to 6 on the PC moving it about an inch per second. If doing the hood for example, you want to work in quadrants. Just work a square of the hood at a time and then move to the next area. Remember to work the product in for best results

On the glaze, you can apply it at 4.5 to 5 speed and you can move a bit faster, since you're not correcting any defect, but rather just applying the product, and your main concern should be good coverage of the paint
    Last edited by Z06-Goose; 11-01-2007 at 11:49 PM.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Thank you Goose! I appreciate your help! I joined autogeek finally and saw you on a few threads there. I should have joined sooner-I didnt realize they gave discounts for members! (I should read a lil more! hahaha) Anyways I just ordered some Pinnacle sovergn wax and some cobra edgeless towels the other day. I cant wait to see the results on my Black z/28! I will post some pics when its done. Hope to see ya on autogeek as well as ls1.com.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

AG is an awesome site. I like it a lot. Check the show n' shine setion. There are tons of reviews

Thread Information