Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Reccomend a Rotary buffer Please

This is a discussion on Reccomend a Rotary buffer Please within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by sercastiK Infraction LMAO. This forum isn't real life! I have been on this site since 99 I ...

  1. #21
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by sercastiK View Post
    Infraction LMAO. This forum isn't real life! I have been on this site since 99 I couldn't give a damn less, I cruise it when I'm bored. Zaino is STILL hype. Get Duragloss cheaper.....Homer, I will tell you this if you like poor boys, you'll like adam's and if you want very comparable stuff go to chemical guys, call and talk with them. I use tons of their products and will tell you $ for $ its cheap and good.
    Adios

  2. #22
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Wow.......

  3. #23
    Awaiting Activation superman4evr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grandville, MI
    Posts
    162

    Red Jewell Tintcoat
    2008 Grand Prix GXP

    There are lots of great products out there. No one is going to deny that. I love Adams, DG, Surf City, Collinite. And I use them quite a bit when I'm detailing others cars. But I just haven't gotten the compliments, shine & durability from them that I do Zaino. I think it's funny that you spend that much time hating a product that I'm 1000% sure you never even tried. True? Ah, you'd never admit it anyway.

  4. #24
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by superman4evr View Post
    There are lots of great products out there. No one is going to deny that. I love Adams, DG, Surf City, Collinite. And I use them quite a bit when I'm detailing others cars. But I just haven't gotten the compliments, shine & durability from them that I do Zaino. I think it's funny that you spend that much time hating a product that I'm 1000% sure you never even tried. True? Ah, you'd never admit it anyway.

    He has been removed from the thread, so you won't see a response from him.

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bentonville, AR
    Age
    37
    Posts
    68

    red
    2002 Camaro SS LE

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    He has been removed from the thread, so you won't see a response from him.
    wait....wtf just happened?

    im gonna run and hide....................

  6. #26
    Member camaross1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    chesapeake,VA.
    Age
    60
    Posts
    398

    red
    2002 camaro ss

    hey guys i got a red car, so zaino perfers me using z-5, for dark colors, instead of z-2, thats all cool but, they also say ,if im a first time user, that zfx is mandatory, so i cant polish my car with z-5 and use z-6 spray enhancer, without buying zfx?, do i really have to buy all 3?

  7. #27
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by camaross1 View Post
    hey guys i got a red car, so zaino perfers me using z-5, for dark colors, instead of z-2, thats all cool but, they also say ,if im a first time user, that zfx is mandatory, so i cant polish my car with z-5 and use z-6 spray enhancer, without buying zfx?, do i really have to buy all 3?
    You do not need ZFX. What ZFX allows you to do, is multiple coats(3) of Zaino in a 24 hour period, it speeds up the curing process. ZFX is not mandatory by any means.

  8. #28
    Professional Detailer GoFast908Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    276

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Camaro Z28

    Gotta love how a simple question can turn into a Zaino bashing thread so quickly. Fail.


    To the OP, DONT get a rotary. Get yourself the PC and call it a day. Check out autogeek and get a kit that has the Menzerna Ceramic polishes in it. You'll be set and for a good price.

  9. #29
    Awaiting Activation superman4evr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grandville, MI
    Posts
    162

    Red Jewell Tintcoat
    2008 Grand Prix GXP

    I agree why there's the bashing is beyond me. Those that do haven't touched the stuff.
    I use the Z6 in between coats. I do 2 coats of Z5
    & 2 of the Z2. But that's just my preference. I know others
    that just do 2 coats of Z5.

  10. #30
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    Gotta love how a simple question can turn into a Zaino bashing thread so quickly. Fail.


    To the OP, DONT get a rotary. Get yourself the PC and call it a day. Check out autogeek and get a kit that has the Menzerna Ceramic polishes in it. You'll be set and for a good price.
    Quote Originally Posted by superman4evr View Post
    I agree why there's the bashing is beyond me. Those that do haven't touched the stuff.
    I use the Z6 in between coats. I do 2 coats of Z5
    & 2 of the Z2. But that's just my preference. I know others
    that just do 2 coats of Z5.
    I agree with you guys. If people don't like Zaino, that is fine and certainly their right. Zaino is not the greatest item on the face of the planet, but it works well if used correctly. If people want to state their opinion of something working better for their purposes, thats acceptable. What is not acceptable is publicly blasting it. Zaino is a sponsor here and will be respected and treated as such. Any further public blasting will result in appropriate consequences.

  11. #31
    Bad habbit- Smoking Fords
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    198

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    you can't do this with Zaino...

    Click for full size
    Those are the worst looking swirl marks I seen in some time. Your right Zaino would never do that. And you certainly can get paint to look better than that with Zaino.

  12. #32
    Member camaross1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    chesapeake,VA.
    Age
    60
    Posts
    398

    red
    2002 camaro ss

    well someone needs to confront our zaino sponser and clear that up, because,it states , that it is mandatory.

  13. #33
    Professional Detailer GoFast908Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    276

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by camaross1 View Post
    well someone needs to confront our zaino sponser and clear that up, because,it states , that it is mandatory.
    And what would they confront them about???

  14. #34
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by camaross1 View Post
    well someone needs to confront our zaino sponser and clear that up, because,it states , that it is mandatory.
    Its not mandatory, I am clearing it up for you.

    When it comes specifically to Zaino, ask me, or GoFast908Z or Siggy. All of us have a lot of years experience with Zaino.

    Also, this thread was intended to be about buffers, not Zaino, so lets please get this back on topic.
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 09-01-2010 at 09:49 AM.

  15. #35
    Member camaross1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    chesapeake,VA.
    Age
    60
    Posts
    398

    red
    2002 camaro ss

    im just telling you what zaino states about it b eing mandatory, probally to sell more, it really kills me how you can ask a simple question, and people just takes that question and turns it into all other shit, if you go to zaino, thats what they say, i know you cleared all that up, fine, but the company states different thats all y2k

  16. #36
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by camaross1 View Post
    im just telling you what zaino states about it b eing mandatory, probally to sell more, it really kills me how you can ask a simple question, and people just takes that question and turns it into all other shit, if you go to zaino, thats what they say, i know you cleared all that up, fine, but the company states different thats all y2k
    I know what the company states, I am giving you reality though

  17. #37
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    I use a Porter-Cable and love it.

  18. #38
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    You don't have to use ZFX. I don't even use the stuff anymore on my car. It's mandatory if you wanna do multiple coats within the window of a day. I swap between Z5 Pro, Z2 Pro and the Z6/Z8 sprays and I'm good.

    Quote Originally Posted by camaross1 View Post
    im just telling you what zaino states about it b eing mandatory, probally to sell more, it really kills me how you can ask a simple question, and people just takes that question and turns it into all other shit, if you go to zaino, thats what they say, i know you cleared all that up, fine, but the company states different thats all y2k

  19. #39
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    I'm not sure if they improved the Porter Cable that much, I know they improved it about a year ago, but my Porter Cable from 05 cannot touch my Flex 3401. I'll also throw out my preferance for Menzerna Polishes w/Wolfgang Glaze.

  20. #40
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    I'll also throw out my preferance for Menzerna Polishes w/Wolfgang Glaze.
    Great products!!!

    Used both with outstanding results.
    Believe it or not...Goose turned me onto Meguiars Ultimate Compound (fraction of the cost of Menzerna) and it works almost as well.
    For the glaze....I use nothing but Prima Amigo now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rotary polishers
    By drummer52910 in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 07:43 AM
  2. highly reccomend NXT 2.0
    By craig02ta in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 08:04 PM
  3. Special Edition Mustang Gt-R Rotary
    By illcul8troffcr in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 07:39 PM
  4. What you guys reccomend for my TA?
    By Fade2Black in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-16-2005, 08:30 AM
  5. 1990 Mazda RX-7 Rotary w/ 5 speed FOR SALE $1000!!!
    By bluflame021 in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2005, 09:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •