Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rain-X Two in One Cleaner

This is a discussion on Rain-X Two in One Cleaner within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Just a good foaming carpet cleaner should suffice. What have you been using that is making it lighter?...

DoHaless

Rain X Two in One Cleaner

Just a good foaming carpet cleaner should suffice. What have you been using that is making it lighter?

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Eventhough is a "cleaner" also, you may want to clean your windows or claybar them first
    Use a cleaner wax to clean the surface of the windows so you'll have a better chance for the product to actually work
    I honestly can't tell you if Rain-X works as advertised or not, since I've never used it, but a clean window should bead all on its own when done properly...

Sometimes I buff windows with a mild polish, and then follow up with a sealant. Even with a sealant, you'd still need to apply from time to time, since your wiper blades will eventually remove whatever is on the windshield
    Last edited by Z06-Goose; 06-07-2009 at 11:47 AM. Reason: typos

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    Eventhough is a "cleaner" also, you may want to clean your widows or claybar them first
    Use a cleaner wax to clean the surface of the windows so you'll have a better chance for the product to actually work
    I honestly can't tell you if Rain-X works as advertised or not, since I've never used it, but a clean window should bead all on its own when done properly...

Sometimes I buff windows with a mild polish, and then follow up with a sealant. Even with a sealant, you'd still need to apply from time to time, since your wiper blades will eventually remove whatever is on the windshield
    Long time no see Goose

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Long time no see Goose
    I hear ya'

Thanks man. I've been busy and dealing with a lot of stuff life sometimes throws at you to test your character and see how you deal with it

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

Interesting to see this thread...I bought the 2-1 aerosol can and used it for the second time last week..with similar results--lots of streaks that it seems you have to go back and completely remove the product to get rid of Goose--been reading some of your threads lately--you're the man -- never thought of using a wax; cleaner or any kind, on the glass--figured it would leave residue similar to armor all on glass (one of the reasons I stopped using it at all..) So just apply like on painted surface and I'll be happy?

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    Interesting to see this thread...I bought the 2-1 aerosol can and used it for the second time last week..with similar results--lots of streaks that it seems you have to go back and completely remove the product to get rid of Goose--been reading some of your threads lately--you're the man -- never thought of using a wax; cleaner or any kind, on the glass--figured it would leave residue similar to armor all on glass (one of the reasons I stopped using it at all..) So just apply like on painted surface and I'll be happy?
    Thanks for the kind words :thumb:
    A cleaner wax will clean the surface. Just apply it with a purpose, as if claybarring. There's a lot of stuff on the windows that build up overtime. A cleaner wax should leave it squeaky clean. Don't forget to clean your wiper blades too, but not with a cleaner wax

One of the reasons why most of those products streak, is because people spray them on a surface that has not been properly prepped. The streak is a reaction to the foreign particles and whatever is on the windshield...

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

good info.--thanks! I have never been able to get my glass to the level i desired on either car (pontiac or ford). always contaminates it seems...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

I use windex to clean windows, and wipers in the rain works pretty good.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information