red
    04 pontiac gto

Thumbs up question on using zaino

ok i already bought zaino and used it several times and gotta say really good stuff. ..i have z-1,and z-5 ,z-6 gloss enhancer and of course the claybar...my question is everytime i wanna wax do i have to use the z-1..eventually when my z-1 runs out im gonna upgrade to the z-fx i was also wondering how the z-pc worked ....also give me some feed back on what products you use from zaino.i think its the best stuff since sliced bread just expensive. ....keeping a black car clean is very hard especially in winter

NBM
    2000 WS6

Z-1 needs to be applied only every 6 months on a daily driver, every 12 months on a garage queen. I prefer z-1 over z-fx. Nothing wrong with z-fx (works good infact) just not into the mixing thing.

Here is a write up on z-fx.
    copied from their web site. (cant post URL's yet)

ZFX™ is a Zaino Show Car Polish cross-linking and acceleration additive. It offers near-instant cure time, reduced surface distortion, enhanced polish flexibility, and improved bonding to both paint and additional layers of Show Car Polish. In simple terms, ZFX™ vastly improves paint surface appearance and increases polish durability.

ZFX™ is the product of more than 30 years of custom show car experience. Professional painters add chemicals and compounds to their paint mix prior to painting to promote cross-linking, improve paint flexibility, reduce paint imperfections, increase hardness, and improve gloss. We applied this same line of thinking in the development of ZFX™. The result is a stunning professional show car finish with less effort, no waiting and longer-lasting results.

ZFX™ can be used with any of our Show Car Polish products, including Z-2™, Z-3™ and Z-5™. Plus, ZFX™ makes using Z-1™ Polish Lok unnecessary. Using ZFX™ in place of Z-1™ Polish Lok will promote cross-linking, reduce drying time, increase gloss factor, extend durability level, and instantly cure to allow multiple immediate coats! No more waiting between coats!

When we say "acceleration," we mean it! Adding ZFX™ to any one of our Show Car Polishes prior to use is like kicking an F-14 Tomcat into afterburner. The competition just can't compete... we'll shoot them down every time. Perfect shine, less time -- guaranteed!

The vial of ZFX™ inside one of the mixing bottles contained in the ZFX™ package is half full. There is enough ZFX™ for 80 to 100 drops which yields 16-20 ounces of polish!

The ZFX contains four empty 2 ounce bottles and one half-full vial containing 2 ml of product.

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS

Each ZFX™ kit comes with a 2ml vial of accelerator mix and several 2 ounce mixing bottles. A single ZFX™ kit provides enough mix to accommodate 16-20 ounces of Zaino Show Car Polish (Z-2, Z-3 or Z-5).

Pour one to two ounces of Show Car Polish into a 2 ounce mixing bottle. For each ounce of polish, add 4-5 drops of ZFX™ (no more than 10 drops for two full ounces), screw the cap back on, and shake vigorously for 60 to 90 seconds.

While you get your towels and applicators ready, allow the ZFX™ enabled Zaino Show Car Polish to sit for five minutes so the ZFX™ can begin activating the polish. Give the applicator bottle a final shake for 10 seconds before using.

Apply Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX™ with a 100% cotton cloth applicator. Use the polish sparingly. A small amount goes a long way, and you will be applying multiple coats.

Squirt a dime size dab of polish on your applicator and rub it into your paint using circular hand motions. Then, go over the same area using a straight back and forth motion on top panels and an up and down motion on side panels. Allow the polish to haze over for 20 to 30 minutes.

Buff off the Show Car Polish residue with a high quality, 100% made in the USA cotton towel.

After buffing, spray the car with a light mist of Z-6™ Gloss Enhancer detailing spray. Z-6™ will help buff away any remaining residue and enhances the brightness of the finish. Using Z-6™, the next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish will apply even easier.

You're now ready to apply your next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX™. There's no need to wait. Simply repeat steps 4-7 above one more time. Apply no more than three coats of ZFX™ in a 24 hour period. For optimum results, use ZFX™ within 6 hours of mixing. Use a fresh cotton buffing towel for removal of each coat.

When you are finished polishing, wash the mixing bottle inside and out with a heavy concentration of liquid dishwashing detergent or even better Isopropyl Alcohol and thoroughly rinse. The ZFX™ mixing bottles cannot be reused if the polish remains in the bottle for more than 12 hours. After 12 hours, it is not possible to remove the ZFX™ accelerator from the mixing bottles. Throw the mixing bottle and any unused polish contents away after 12 hours.

ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive should be used with Zaino Show Car Polish (Z-2 or Z-5, Z-3 for non clear coated) twice a year on an everyday car and once a year on a show car. Also, please reapply ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive after every ten coats of Zaino Show Car Polish (Z-2 or Z-5, Z-3 for non clear coated). ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive will never remove Zaino. Also the NEW ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive is an incredible product and could be used as often as you like... it's up to you. It will tighten up and strengthen the polish system and increase the gloss

Hav'nt used z-pc yet so can't say...

Z-PC is a lot like using 3M Scratch & Swirl Remover in terms of how you use it, the nice thing for Zaino users is after using it you do not have to rewash with Dawn, like you do with 3M SSR. The Z-PC uses very uniform abrasives, you will get good results, it can be used by hand, but if you're doing the whole car a Porter Cable buffer is the way to go.

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    Z-PC is a lot like using 3M Scratch & Swirl Remover in terms of how you use it, the nice thing for Zaino users is after using it you do not have to rewash with Dawn, like you do with 3M SSR. The Z-PC uses very uniform abrasives, you will get good results, it can be used by hand, but if you're doing the whole car a Porter Cable buffer is the way to go.
    I got one post on ya hcvone. Good to see you around........

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto
    I got one post on ya hcvone. Good to see you around........
    Thank you, Just trying to help customers with their questions and see some old friends.

Thread Information