steveo346

Cool preparing for a carshow

ok guys here my two cents....when prepping for a carshow...always bucket wash your car, never pass it through a laser..*cough* lazy *cough* wash...you always wanna make sure and get into all the small areas with a sponge or a hand mitten...like wheels wells, grilles, inside of doors etc...another thing...all u guys out there with specialty cars like ws6's, camaro ss, firehawks, corvettes, u know all those cars that have a shiney underhood finish...it is crucial that u mantain that paint under neath your hood...judges will look at that..after drying your car...drive it home and put a car cover on it so that stupid birds dont crap on it and ruin your hard time ...the next morning or that same day...drive or trailor your car to the show which ever u perfer and then put engine dressing and tire dressing.."armorall"....never put it on at a carwash cause it will get all over your fenders and atrack dirt....i like to use meguiars wet shine on my tires and hoses and radiator support and all other little plastic things under neath the hood...thats it for right now im sleepy...feel free to add more helpfull tips and tricks to this topic

Black
    04 Z71 Burb (sold) 79 T/A

Good post, I'll add to make sure you dress the plastic fenderliners also along with the entire visible tread of the tires. It's not necessary, but adds a little something extra to the cleanliness of the vehicle.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

^ I agree with the covering the whole tire in dressing. It gives it that showroom look.

Thread Information