Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    98 Formula

Polish for polished rims???

What do you guys use on polished rims? I just bought some polished ZO6 rims and im looking for something to use on them.

Red
    2001 Trans Am

I polish my TT2s with Mother's Billet Polish and it has worked the best out of all the polishes that I've used

black
    98 Formula

I heard that was some good stuff, Ill have to hit up Pep Boys and see if they have any.

Gords alum polish. search for it in google.

Red
    2001 Trans Am

Gords does work well. I've used it but it will leave little fine scratches behind. It takes less effort with gords but I would always go over the wheel with mothers to get the scratches out.

Black
    04 Z71 Burb (sold) 79 T/A

Mothers and the powerball combo work really well.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Blue Magic. It is especially good for clearcoated polished wheels as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
    Gords does work well. I've used it but it will leave little fine scratches behind. It takes less effort with gords but I would always go over the wheel with mothers to get the scratches out.
    If you are getting scratches from polish then there was dirt on the wheel still. I have not experienced any scratches from Gords.
    02 TA A4
    408ci - 244/250/612/622 | PRC 237 heads | FTRA |100mm lid | FAST92/92 | Kooks 1 7/8 | Hooker CB | DMH Cutout | built trans | Yank4000 | 412 motorsports tuned | stock rear:judge:

08 TBSS - Borla CB

LPM, & Blk
    2001 Z/28, 2010 2LT/RS

Gords here as well

Red
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by onyx_rock
    If you are getting scratches from polish then there was dirt on the wheel still. I have not experienced any scratches from Gords.

Nope, the wheels were spotless. I wash and dry them before I mess with polish. The scratches came from the abrasives in the polish. I will say that some might have come from the towel that I used to polish them but not all of them. I've since switched to only using MF to polish my wheels as it seems to work a lot better than any towel. Don't get me wrong Gords worked great and I was very pleased with it but I felt I should mention the micro scratches that showed up after. They could only be seen if you had your face right up on the wheel and looked for them.

My friend also uses gords and he found the same thing when he used the polish. None the less its good stuff especially for neglected wheels

Pewter
    2002 Z28 M6

I use Flitz and a power ball.....check for their website...it comes as a kit. Great stuff,great on chrome too.
    Bowtie good! Blue oval not so good! Bob in the PRK

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

If the rims are clear coated, DO NOT USE CHROME POLISH. I have heard of people's rims peeling the clear coat when they have done this. It really depends on the finish.

I just use Zaino Z2/Z5/Z6 on mine. Just treat them the same as my paint. They look just as good now as when new. Mine are clear coated(stock Firehawk Chrome rims).

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro Z28

Rim polish

I've had good luck using Eagle One Never-dull. It seems to last a while, and really makes the rims shine.

Black
    1997 Firehawk LT4

We own a trucking company, and have tried everything!! This is the method we've stuck with for several years for the trucks that we show and work:

If the wheels aren't in REALLY good shape, use Busch. They have a bunch of stuff, but their liquid polish works pretty well. Get the rought stuff out with this.
    Follow up with a couple applications of Hollywood's Showshine Metal polish. (hollywoods1.com) It works like Zaino...after you rub it on for a bit, let it dry and it comes off as easy as Zaino. It has a protectant in it....like wax for your bare aluminum. Good stuff!
    If you really want them good, finish with some of the Busch sealant/wax. It fills in the really fine rag marks, and comes off really easy, too. Apply and remove it like Zaino.

Mike Moore
    Bridgewater, Va
    1997 LT4 Firehawk #9

Black
    1997 Firehawk LT4

After looking at the pics of the Gord's stuff, I figured I'd post s few of my own. This is a trailer wheel I just finished here at work. All I did was spend about 20 minutes on it with the Busch and a buffer. Rememebr these are 22.5" x 8.25" wheels...20 minutes is honkin' fast! These wheels have been in our fleet since 1998 (note the "998" on the wheel...that's the born on date), and get @ 75,000-100,000 miles per year, in all weather conditions. Do the math. This polish is the mack daddy.

Before:

And after:

Go over these by hand with a couple applications of the Hollywood's and you're in bidness.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by svt_eater
    If the rims are clear coated, DO NOT USE CHROME POLISH. I have heard of people's rims peeling the clear coat when they have done this. It really depends on the finish.

I just use Zaino Z2/Z5/Z6 on mine. Just treat them the same as my paint. They look just as good now as when new. Mine are clear coated(stock Firehawk Chrome rims).
    So true. You have to use a special abrasive free polish formulated for clearcoated wheels, such as flitz and blue magic. Flitz is an active cleaner, but it is clearcoat safe. Blue Magic is also very good, with more of a polishing type of effect. It is best to follow your polish clean with a coat of carnauba wax.

Fairies Drive Imports camaro_five0's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

i was recently turned on to Lucas Oil's metal polish. good stuff. used it on my exhaust pipes and wheels. very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by svt_eater

Same.

Blue Metalic Silver
    2001 Z28

Polished Aluminum wheels

if you clean your wheels on a regular basis, and just want to do a quick polish on them, I would recommend using Mother's Billet polish. I use it on my billet wheels all the time and I am completely satisfied with the results. Compare it to some of your more expensive polishes and you'll be sold.

blue
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Mothers for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information