Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    2002 WS6

Mr.Clean Autodry wash kit

I just used one today for the first time, over all impressions are good, but there a re a few flaws that are livable.

Subject: black 2002 Ws6 in need of a wax badly
    Pruduct; Mr. Clean Autowash kit
    Contents of kit; 1 auto wash gun, soap, wash mit, and hose adaptors and trial use filter.

Results; I found that it worked very well for what it is, it no high pressure sprayer but works good for light road grime and dirt. The car was washed in mostly shade in the early after noon, the soap worked well but the resivour is small and barley did the whole car including the wheels. The autodry spot free rinse worked extreamly well even with the trail filter no spots other then fee places that i missed spraying it. the water pressure is droped significantly and is afine spray coming out of the gun on the spot free rinse setting, not a bad thing but time consuming.

The good: it did what it is suposed to and is easy to use, the gun is light and easy to handle, has a water controle switch to turn the flow on and off and includes a vacuum break on the soap setting

The bad; the soap could last a bit longer, it is hard to change settings with one hand, the wash mit in the kit seems cheap, but I have also never used a wash mit previous to this.

the ugly: cost per sost if you have more then one car that gets washed regually the car wash will work out cheaper. This is goodif you ahve one or two specials that only need the ocasional detail. Other wise a good hose nozzle or pressure washer with soap injection would be more feasable.

Overall score 7 out of 10
    2002 WS.6, black - SLP air lid, UMI non adjustable panard and LCAs, Nitto 555

silver2002Z
    i have one also........dont realy think id be as anal as you in rating a mr clean
    but thats you ....like you said it is what it is.....works good...i just buy my favorite soap and put it in the reservoir...no biggie.....

black
    2002 WS6

I can be picky about stuff. Overall I like it. Its like my own private carwash, and except for the small but livable nit picking i did, i would rather have it the spots, which drive me nuts.

Black
    2005 GTO

I have one as well but stopped using it because I left the mr clean soap sucked and it also seemed to either remove my wax or just made my car look dull not really sure which one but I was't pleased with the look of the car after washing. I never tried using another soap because it says you should only use the mr clean soap.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

so you didn't have to dry it AT ALL? no streaks/spots etc? I've tried "spotless" soaps [with bucket/hand mit] before and noticed that they dry so quick that streaks and spots develop anyway.

black
    2002 WS6

no drying at all in diffused sun light. It took a while todry though because I need a wax badly,but no streaks and no spots, Its the filter that is used that takes out minerals that cause spotting. JonB is right though I tihknthe soap is a bit to agressive, the clear felt sticky not smooth, so if you unlike me, keep up the waxing a good quick detal should keep the shine longer.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I tried it and it left a film on mine-turd!!!

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

I use it all the time and I like it. I do wash the car by hand first and then follow with the mr. clean soap and filter. Works good everytime. As far as making the car look dull that does not happen to me. Hit it with a little detail spray after its done drying. Looks good everytime.

Mike
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Prolly cause u have a white car.

black
    2002 WS6

I just did mine to day, and only few streaks where i didn't rinse enough, i also went arounf the car once very quickly using the filtered water. mine is black to.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    Prolly cause u have a white car.
    Maybe but my brother uses it on his car which is dark blue and my uncle uses it on his black C5 with no problems at all.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

This is just my two cents worth, but it would seem that the Mr. Clean AutoDry MUST leave behind a film of some sort in order to get the water to not bead up on a good waxed car. Watching the commercial, the water sheets away with out beading. I don't believe that just having filtered water will prevent the water from beading. There must be something that allows the water to "stick" to the car as it sheets away instead of beading up like it does on a waxxed car. The wax keeps the water from from "sticking" to the car and thus the surface tension property of water causes it to bead up.

I have a friend that tried it on his light blue Matrix and he complained about it leaving residue behind but he didn't think it was that bad.. He said his brother also tried it on a dark colored vehicle and the residue was much more prevalent.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Machine Silver Metallic
    2005 Corvette

Try using a different soap. I did that and it worked well. I like it because it has the filter rinse and I don't have to dry the car!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

That may be the answer.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro SS

I used the soap only once, didn't like it.

But I actually bought it just for the "spot free" rinse (I HATE towel drying lol ) . And it works damn good for me, and I'm pretty anal about my car.

When I rinse my car the water beads right up.
    I only get about 5 rinses out of each filter cause I Really spray her down.

just my .02

Scott

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I gave it another try the other day. I didnt use the Mr. Clean car wash. I used Pinnacle body works wash and then used the fine filtered spray on the Mr. Clean gun after I was done. I went outside after it dried and it looked terrible. It left waterspots everywhere and streaks all over my car. I just replaced the filter on it also. I dont understand where this film/streaks is coming from. I am done with it. I wasted too much money on wash/filters for it. The weird thing is I used it for 2 months when I first bought it with NO problems. Maybe there is mineral build up inside the gun. I dunno.

black
    2002 WS6

I have found that you can't rush it and have to really try to keep it wet till you can get to the spot free rinse. I use the rinse setting after the soap and soak the entire car twice then use the spot free rinse after, taking my time.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

0.5/10

Had ALL kinds of leftover residue. Paint, windows, trim, wheels....all had that film on it.
    Followed the instructions to the T.

Half a point for convenience.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I couldnt have spent any more time then I did on it. It worked good for about 2 months. Very weird.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information