Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navy Blue
    ls1 trans am

Mothers car polish vs. Zaino

Ok I talked with a mechanic who is into keeping his cars detailed and polished up and he said that Mothers is the best type to use. When I was at Pep boys I saw that they have the same products that Zaino does. Don't get me wrong I really really like zaino but mothers is cheaper and I can just run to the store and pick up what I run out of as for zaino I think they started to charge shipping and local dealers are hard to reach. has anyone tried both products and found similar results? thanks guys

Black
    Camaro SS 2001

Both brands will give you a good shine. Zaino will stay on longer as per my experience.

red
    04 pontiac gto

i used both and i like the zaino line better .seems to last longer and the more you use the richer and deeper the shine looks to me.i never seem to have a problem getting the stuff on time as they ship it out to me extremly fast.in fact last time i waxed my car was right before winter started and it hasnt been all that gr8 with weather here in new england with all the rain we are getting now.the one day it gets nice i gotta work.i just wash it from time to time and it still looks like it did when i waxed it last...bring on the good weather im waiting ...

Navy Blue
    ls1 trans am

So whats the good zaino products to buy now... .its been a while since I last bought it.... I want to keep my cost also to a minimum... thanks

red
    04 pontiac gto

depends.i would use z5 cause u have a dark color car.so you have 2 options get the z-1 and z-5 or the z-fx and z-5..the z-fx cures faster so you dont have to wait for it to set in to wipe off.great for multiple coats..and the z-6 to do quick detailing.i myself use z-7 then a claybar followed by z-7 car wash again then zfx and z5 to remove any swirl marks cause i have a black car and it tends to show easy.if you dont have a swirl problem go with the z-2 instead of the z-5.the stuff comes off real easy and leaves no resdue .im not forcing you to buy everything i have but hey i take pride in showing off my beauty..good luck and keep me poseted on whatcha end up buying and post pics

Black
    Camaro SS 2001

I was using Z1 at the beginning but then I stopped. I haven't see any difference on the shine or lasting. Now, I want to try their new Z-8. I don't know if it really makes a big difference compared to Z-6.

Navy Blue
    ls1 trans am

is the zfx really worth it... its $20 and also do alot of you guys use the clay bar.. I got it last time and wasnt all that impressed mainly cuz I had the hood and other painted so would really matter back then... but what exacly does it do...again thats another $20 (I think)... didnt they used to do free shipping... or am I mistaken.. thanks guys

red
    04 pontiac gto

Quote Originally Posted by JehalinTA
    is the zfx really worth it... its $20 and also do alot of you guys use the clay bar.. I got it last time and wasnt all that impressed mainly cuz I had the hood and other painted so would really matter back then... but what exacly does it do...again thats another $20 (I think)... didnt they used to do free shipping... or am I mistaken.. thanks guys
    zfx main use is to eliminate the cure time.without the zfx youll have to wait at least and hour for the z-5 or z-2 to cure.i dont think they do free shipping anymore either but they throw in a applicater if you spend so much money.if you are not going to use the zfx i suggest at least the z-1 before u use the z-5

Bright Purple Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by sstevecamaro
    I was using Z1 at the beginning but then I stopped. I haven't see any difference on the shine or lasting. Now, I want to try their new Z-8. I don't know if it really makes a big difference compared to Z-6.
    Z1 is not a polish. It is a curing medium for Z2 or Z5.

Bright Purple Metallic

Clay bar will remove all contaminats that are on the paint. This includes pollution, bug and tar and over-spray. Since there are only 2 manufactures of clay bar, going to the local auto store is all you need to buy a clay bar. I prefer Clay Magic (AutoZone) over the Mothers clay bar. It seems to be more tacky and does a better job.
    Only 34K miles and still counting (that's from Sept '97)

red
    04 pontiac gto

Quote Originally Posted by 98 Purple TA
    Z1 is not a polish. It is a curing medium for Z2 or Z5.
    .thats why i use the zfx faster cure time which allows multiple coats.its alot better for only a few dollars more.with the z1 and which ever u use z2 or z5.you have to first coat your car with z1 then the polish .then you have to wait for it too cure as well.i can apply alot more coats in the time it takes for the z1 to cure

red
    04 pontiac gto

Quote Originally Posted by 98 Purple TA
    Clay bar will remove all contaminats that are on the paint. This includes pollution, bug and tar and over-spray. Since there are only 2 manufactures of clay bar, going to the local auto store is all you need to buy a clay bar. I prefer Clay Magic (AutoZone) over the Mothers clay bar. It seems to be more tacky and does a better job.
    when using the claybar you need a lubricant correct?and you keep rubbing area till its baby smooth?

Navy Blue
    ls1 trans am

if I remember correctly I believe last time I did the zaino clay bar they said to mix a little bit of the car washing solution with water in a spray bottle and use that as the lubricant....whats the clay magix price? and is it better than the zaino or equally as good?

red
    04 pontiac gto

if I remember correctly I believe last time I did the zaino clay bar they said to mix a little bit of the car washing solution with water in a spray bottle and use that as the lubricant....whats the clay magix price? and is it better than the zaino or equally as good?
    dunno i only used the zaino claybar.was my first time ever using a claybar and wow i cant believe the stuff it took off.my car is silky smooth now

Bright Purple Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by firebird99
    when using the claybar you need a lubricant correct?and you keep rubbing area till its baby smooth?
    Yes, claybar does need a lubricate to move over the surface. If you buy the Clay Magic or the Mothers kit, they come with a lubricate. If you use Zaino, you can mix 7 parts water to 1 part Z7 as a lubricate.

YOu should continue to clay your car until you either feel the clay not resisting your motion or you feel the surface and it is smooth with out any bumps.

Bright Purple Metallic

Clay magic is only around $13 for the clay bar and wetting solution.

red
    04 pontiac gto

which is better the clay magic or zaino?i used the zaino and wow so smooth now i didnt even think my car had all that shit on it until i used it

Black
    1998 Trans am WS6

i'm a fan of Zaino. You cant get a deeper wetter look on a black car without using Zaino

Black
    1998 Trans am WS6

Check out the reflection and how wet it looks with Zaino

Navy Blue
    ls1 trans am

98ramairguy do you use zfx? the car looks great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information