Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Meguries and Zaino

This is a discussion on Meguries and Zaino within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; I personally think zaino is a waste of money for any car color except dark colors. If you have a ...

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I personally think zaino is a waste of money for any car color except dark colors. If you have a pewter or white car there is no way you'll tell the difference. They just don't shine like a black, nbm, etc car does. I have a black car and switched to zaino awhile ago. Can I tell a difference from the other waxes/polishes ive used? Sure can. The zfx, z2/z5 is some awesome stuff. It may take awhile the first time around but I only do it twice a year. The 6 months inbetween I'll just wash my car and apply the z6 (detailer spray) and it looks like I just repeated the entire process. Washing, drying, and applying the spray only takes like 30-40 minutes max. Not too bad for a car show shine if you ask me.
    Last edited by ~redlinels1~; 05-31-2006 at 11:06 AM.

White
    06 Tundra

The biggest difference I noticed on light colors is conventional waxes tend to smear. Did half a silver hood w/Zaino and half with Mother's. Removed the Mother's (not too difficult) and did with Meguiar's. Both shined well, but had a "smeared" look. That's was about six years ago so maybe they have better products now. Regardless of shine, I've never used a product that lasted as long as Zaino.

Eddie

badass67
    Coca Cola or Pepsi?

Same argument.

Die hards will defend the product they like to the end.

Zaino has some damn good results.
    Magiures has some damn good results.

I have never used Zaino, and cannot be a hater.
    But I do like the results Maguires has on my 67, and since I have won shows with it, I see no need to change.

Unless someone sent me a free kit for me to use and then I would be a impartial judge.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

I too am one of those that used to use Meguires religiously once a month. I'd ask my friends, does the car shine any better right after I put it on and they would say, not really.

I then switched to Zaino (after seeing it on a friends RX-8). Huge difference in shine. My friends asked me if I painted the car. (I have a black TA).

The big thing about Zaino that I like is that if you get it on your rubber trim, it doesn't leave any white smears like Meguires did (in fact there are still places on my rubber trim where the Meguires can still be seen, can't seem to get it off). Another big bonus is that I do not have to put it on every month. I put it on about every six or seven months. I just wash the car every other week. Can't do that with Meguires and still have the same level of shine.

GM Service Advisor

Black
    2002 Pontiac T/A Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon
    Another big bonus is that I do not have to put it on every month. I put it on about every six or seven months. I just wash the car every other week. Can't do that with Meguires and still have the same level of shine.
    That's what I'm talkin' about...

pewter
    2000 TA WS6

I've been using Zaino for a few years now. Once a year, usually in late spring, I do the whole Zaino process, clay bar, Z1,Z5,Z6 and finish with Z2. It usually takes the better part of a days work and a lot of elbow. I know meguires isn't as detailed as all that, but the end result of Zaino is worth it to me. It's all A matter of opinion I guess.

Bright Purple Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by joels1bird
    I've been using Zaino for a few years now. Once a year, usually in late spring, I do the whole Zaino process, clay bar, Z1,Z5,Z6 and finish with Z2. It usually takes the better part of a days work and a lot of elbow. I know meguires isn't as detailed as all that, but the end result of Zaino is worth it to me. It's all A matter of opinion I guess.

I agree, Zaino is not for everyone and if you don't feel it is worth the effort or that you get better results, stick to what you know. The only reason I tried Zaino was all the posts that stated how good it is. I tried it and was hooked. Now that I have tried it I do have a reference to base judgement off of. The big selling point of Zaino is the durability. It may or may not be the best shine on the market. I don't care since I am very satisified with the product.
    Only 34K miles and still counting (that's from Sept '97)

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I have used both. And now I only use Zaino.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383, ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD
    Black 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4WD (Totaled)

Black 2013 Chevy Volt (Gone)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information