Meguiar's "Mirror Glaze" Results

This is a discussion on Meguiar's "Mirror Glaze" Results within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; So I've had these for a while now, but I'm a little bored so I figured I'd share them for ...

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Meguiar's "Mirror Glaze" Results

So I've had these for a while now, but I'm a little bored so I figured I'd share them for those that have anything highly invested in fiberglass, such as a vette, boat, motorcycle, etc. I had used Meguiar's Gold Class liquid wax (and still do on both of my vehicles), but this "takes the cake" when it comes to fiberglass. This is their "Mirror Glaze" which is supposed to be more chemically engineered for the 'glass applications. And I can tell you, although not an astronomical difference between this and the Gold Class, but you can tell it's there. The more I read about Zaino, the more I'd like to give them a try but probably won't start on it until late March or early April. In the meantime, I've got nothing but good things to say about Meg's, the bow shot truly does look almost like a mirror. These were taken after my last trip out on the water, 2 coats prior to slipping it in, and a wipe down after it was pulled out. What do you guys think? Have any of you 'vette guys used this product before? I'm pretty impressed with it myself!

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

2011 Prius

Nice boat, any pics of back and interior?

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

That things got a good shine to it
    good work

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Meguiars has a marine product line as well...
    Looks good. Nice job...

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Thanks guys, just wondered if anyone else has tried their mirror glaze on any other fiberglass applications? Or if anyone else has a car/truck/boat/cycle that they like to use a certain specific fiberglass cleaner/polisher that they tend to like? I'm the 3rd documented owner of the boat, was sold brand new, serviced, and passed through both owners at the dealer I bought it from, along with being garage kept it's whole life until I got ahold of it (although it is being kept in a garage this winter). Guess what I'm trying to say is, it didn't take much to get that shine to it, and I'm trying to bring out more in it. Just lookin' around to see what the best is. Preston reccommended I contact Sal from Zaino Bros. as they seem to be atop the best in the market as far as cleaners and polishers go. And from all the pictures I've seen from consumers applying it to their vehicles, I would definately have to agree. But like I said, was just trying to keep an open mind and see if anyone else has had good/great/excellent results with any other brand of cleaner/polisher?

Shines - The only interrior pictures I have, is some of when I put it in my buddy's garage for the winter, which aren't that good. Interrior is probably in the best shape that I've seen for a 12 year old MC, w/ no prior vinyl work being done before. I use 303 before and after a lake trip. Works well, doesn't have a magnificent shine, but it's gotta be atop the best for protecting it from the UV rays the sun emits. The transom of the boat where the teak platform is wasn't taken care of very well by the second owner, who was an avid wakeboarder. The gelcoat in itself is fine, but has very few and small nicks that I've been able to almost bring out. Still probably needs a good wet-sand and buff job, especially on the corners, but I'll address that in April when I de-winterize. Of course the teak platform still needs to be done as well, but I've been contemplating just having a custom fiberglass platform made. Anyways, you asked for pics, so I deliver

2011 Prius

That's a really nice boat, really like it... Makes me want a boat.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Thanks. MC ProStars don't ride very well when the water is "choppy".... at all! I've seen my uncle go through either 12 or 13 in my lifetime, but he's gone through nearly 40 total. So I knew what I was getting myself into when it came to pros and cons. But I'm BIG into watersports! And anything other than a MC just won't do. People have debated quality for the past few years between MC and Malibu being the best, but re-sale value is key, and MC has held that category for many many moons. Supras are nice boats too, but I've never known anyone to have one, so I steered clear as I didn't have any feedback at the time I purchased mine. If you're big into watersports, IMO there's nothing better than a MC.

But if you're one that likes to joyride more than 25% of the time on a lake with heavy traffic between May and September, you might want to look for something else. OR you could shell out over $100k for a new X-Star

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Thanks. MC ProStars don't ride very well when the water is "choppy".... at all! I've seen my uncle go through either 12 or 13 in my lifetime, but he's gone through nearly 40 total. So I knew what I was getting myself into when it came to pros and cons. But I'm BIG into watersports! And anything other than a MC just won't do. People have debated quality for the past few years between MC and Malibu being the best, but re-sale value is key, and MC has held that category for many many moons. Supras are nice boats too, but I've never known anyone to have one, so I steered clear as I didn't have any feedback at the time I purchased mine. If you're big into watersports, IMO there's nothing better than a MC.

But if you're one that likes to joyride more than 25% of the time on a lake with heavy traffic between May and September, you might want to look for something else. OR you could shell out over $100k for a new X-Star
    I am not into sports, just want a nice fishing boat... Maybe a go fast boat, that can seat four... IDK, I like boats... But as said before, just never would go through with it.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

I can tell you jet-boats are going pretty cheap right now. There's a broad range of "jet-boats" but I'm talking old-school Aristocrats, Sidewinders, boats like those. I've got a '72 Sidewinder in my backyard needing a full resto, have the rebuilt 455 olds and all. Problem is, a perfect resto, would still only value the boat between $3500-$5k. And $5k is a BIG STRETCH! But yeah, you can get 'em cheap. Sidewinder also made 14' and 16' outboards w/ the same deck/hull as the 18' SS Jets. They'd make a good fishing boat as well, with exception to the bow being closed off, which means a front-mounted trolling motor and step-control would be impossible. If you want a cheap fishing boat, try looking for an older Bass Tracker w/ an outboard Merc on it (anything but Evinrude).

2011 Prius

Well, someday when I have the money. I intend to buy both. Down in Florida you can get nice fiberglass bass boats with a newer good size motor for about $5,000. I mean nice size ones to.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Well done on the boat!

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Thanks, nobody else with fiberglass detailed pics?

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Thanks, nobody else with fiberglass detailed pics?
    I intend to do my Vette after I sell my PC and upgrade to a Flex... My brother will probably buy the PC... Hopefully I don't sell the Vette, before the Flex comes in.

nice review/pics, thanks.

Blue
    2000 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am

I use Meguiers on mine too, It usually last's the whole summer. Supra's are nice boats! And now you know someone who owns one.

The only shot I have of the interior, Mr Mastercraft, I think I one upped you on the motor cover!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by beach cruiser View Post
    I use Meguiers on mine too, It usually last's the whole summer. Supra's are nice boats! And now you know someone who owns one.

Click for full size

The only shot I have of the interior, Mr Mastercraft, I think I one upped you on the motor cover!

Click for full size
    Ahhh VA. humidity.......
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-05-2010 at 12:52 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by beach cruiser View Post

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Nice lookin boat and woman!

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Wow, that looks great!

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Gonna have to try that stuff on my new toy -

Next month or two I'll be lookin to get a wakeboard so I'll have to PM you about that.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Nothin' beats my new project

And Beach Cruiser - We're having a MC get together sometime in late April/early May at Lake Anna. If you're interested, I can send you the details as we get closer in the next 2-3 weeks. The other guys have either already de-winterized or are doing so this upcoming weekend, whereas I'm going to be waiting until the first weekend of April or so. Oh... and I hate you I'll have to get the GF to pose for some pictures when the weather warms up next month

My uncle, who's had nearly 40 different MCs in his lifetime is trying to get rid of his Nautique. He's in the business of buying and selling boats. Picked up a 2003 Nautique with 15.2 hours on it (15.2 not a typo), and put it up for sale as soon as he got home with it. Has the ballast system on it and everything. He'll be coming to Lake Anna for a few days from Chicago in May as well, try to further my ski skills a bit

Thread Information