Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Meguiars Mag and Aluminum polish

This is a discussion on Meguiars Mag and Aluminum polish within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; I used it tonight for the first time, very impressed with it. It leaves a shine every bit as good ...

  1. #1
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Meguiars Mag and Aluminum polish

    I used it tonight for the first time, very impressed with it. It leaves a shine every bit as good as Mothers Billet polish, and its a few bucks cheaper than Mothers.

  2. #2
    Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,677
    2000 C5 Torch Red

    I don't have experience with many others, but that's what I used to polish my engine bay and the set of speedlines after stripping the clear. I always thought it did good work myself.

    Where tha pics at?

  3. #3
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    will have to give that stuff a shot

  4. #4
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    I don't have experience with many others, but that's what I used to polish my engine bay and the set of speedlines after stripping the clear. I always thought it did good work myself.

    Where tha pics at?
    Only done 1 wheel so far, this will have to work for now, terrible pic though.


  5. #5
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    I actually tested the Billet and the Mag against each other in the barrels of the TTII's.
    I doubt pictures would have shown the difference, but there was a bit more 'bling' from the Billet half.
    Honestly, not something most would notice though.

  6. #6
    Life In The Fast Lane..!! redracer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal, SD
    Posts
    294

    Brickyard 400 Trac Car#10
    35th Camaro SS/LE Vert

    That turned out pretty good but sorry man just not a Meguires fan. A lot of guys with CCW's have gotten into blingmaster green stuff for cleaning and the blingmaster aluminum polish. I just tried a product by Surf City called killer chrome and this stuff kicks ass.

  7. #7
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I actually tested the Billet and the Mag against each other in the barrels of the TTII's.
    I doubt pictures would have shown the difference, but there was a bit more 'bling' from the Billet half.
    Honestly, not something most would notice though.
    Ya, I really can't tell much difference either. I will stick with my Billet, but not disappointed by this either. If Billet doesn't stop rising in price though, who knows.

  8. #8
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    I've used both brands on my billet parts on my trailblazer and there really isn't a difference to me. I actually line neverdull in the can better, and after that I have some sealant that came with polish I bought for my chrome rims that works on billet also and it seems to make the shine last longer no matter what polish I use.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Z06-Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,276

    Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

    Good job Preston.
    I've always wondered what your car looks like in person.
    I bet is in impeccable condition!

  10. #10
    Member brianswimmer23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    stockton, California
    Posts
    127

    white
    97 z28/SS

    i have never had an issue with meguiars and im sure i nerver will!! glad to see you liked it! looks great!

  11. #11
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Mother's makes this stuff guys.
    Not Meguiars.


    EDIT: P...Mother's or Meguiars??? Just read the title.
    I did the comparison using Mother's Mag and Mother's billet.

  12. #12
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Mother's makes this stuff guys.
    Not Meguiars.


    EDIT: P...Mother's or Meguiars??? Just read the title.
    I did the comparison using Mother's Mag and Mother's billet.
    noob

  13. #13
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Mother's makes this stuff guys.
    Not Meguiars.


    EDIT: P...Mother's or Meguiars??? Just read the title.
    I did the comparison using Mother's Mag and Mother's billet.
    Meguiars


  14. #14
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    Good job Preston.
    I've always wondered what your car looks like in person.
    I bet is in impeccable condition!
    The black manta on my car could use a good buffing, its not bad, but it still needs machine correction. I take good care of it, it is in very good condition, but like all cars, it has a flaw here and there though. I always laugh when people tell me its a perfect car, there really is no such thing, and I know of too many minor flaws that annoy me and keep it from being perfect

  15. #15
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    The Meguiars I pictured above runs $12-13 in my area. The Mother's Billet last time I looked was $16-17 range.

  16. #16
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Meguiars

    Click for full size
    i just used that on my magnaflow exhaust tips ...cleans them up soooo well. they look new everytime i clean them

  17. #17
    Professional Detailer GoFast908Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    276

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Camaro Z28

    AFAIK, Mag and Aluminum polish is NOT meant for polished wheels like CCW's. Use BILLET polish, thats what its designed for. I've seen many sets of CCWs dulled down by using the wrong wheel polish....

  18. #18
    Senior Member Z06-Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,276

    Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    The black manta on my car could use a good buffing, its not bad, but it still needs machine correction. I take good care of it, it is in very good condition, but like all cars, it has a flaw here and there though. I always laugh when people tell me its a perfect car, there really is no such thing, and I know of too many minor flaws that annoy me and keep it from being perfect
    Haha!!!
    But you know what, that's only visible to the "trained" eye.
    I'll bet most people won't notice...

  19. #19
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    Haha!!!
    But you know what, that's only visible to the "trained" eye.
    I'll bet most people won't notice...
    You are right, most people have never noticed the few flaws the car has, which is fine by me. They can think its "perfect" or "flawless" all they want.

  20. #20
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    You are right, most people have never noticed the few flaws the car has, which is fine by me. They can think its "perfect" or "flawless" all they want.
    My theory is the car is dirty as hell, you're just really really good at photoshop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Best Polish for Polished Aluminum Wheels?
    By 2001ws6ta in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 10:06 AM
  2. Used Meguiars and wow!!!
    By Mike's TA in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 05:55 PM
  3. Meguiars Scratch X
    By NE98LS1 in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 03:02 AM
  4. Meguiars make over on my car
    By Eagle in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 03:12 PM
  5. Meguiars Gold Class + Meguiars Detail Spray
    By rebelphotog96 in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 07:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •