HOUSEOFKOLOR KANDY
    2000 ss camaro

Kandy Paint What To Use On Cleaning!!!!

I Just Got My Car Kandy Painted And Im Not Sure Whta To Use On Cleaning It I Paid Hella Money And I Aint Tryin Ta Mess It Up!!!

Arrest Me Red
    1999 Trans am

first thing you want to do is get a good paste wax, and a 6'' orbital buffer (pick one up at walmart/autozone for under $30) for the wax i highly reccomend tropi-care or Zaino.

Take a weekend night and apply the wax during dusk let it set over night, take it off in the morning (if you have no garage, get up and do it before it gets hot) and apply another coat. then follow up with a liquid wax (again, tropi-care and Zaino are great) and you'll have you a nice layer of wax for protection... from now on you can use liquid (it's a little easier)

www.tropi-care.com is where you can order the stuff..
    Last edited by Crmartin99; 03-27-2007 at 08:46 AM.

If it was painted within the last 3-6 months, I wouldn't put anything on it but silicone-free polish or glaze.

Wax is a sealant. You don't want to seal the paint until after all of the paint solvents have escaped. If your car still smells like it was just painted, the solvents are still present.

If you apply wax too early, the solvents will have nowhere to escape, which could eventually cause paint lift-off or bubbling.

A good rule of thumb (as told to me by my paint shop):
    When you can no longer smell "new paint" fumes, it will probably be safe to apply wax. Just to be extra safe, I'd wait an extra month or two longer.

Also, applications of non-drying tire dressings that contain silicone can adversely affect new paint - especially on lighter colors.
    Vance Chula
    1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
    2010 Camaro 2LT RS
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/vchula

Arrest Me Red
    1999 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by VChula View Post
    If it was painted within the last 3-6 months, I wouldn't put anything on it but silicone-free polish or glaze.

Wax is a sealant. You don't want to seal the paint until after all of the paint solvents have escaped. If your car still smells like it was just painted, the solvents are still present.

If you apply wax too early, the solvents will have nowhere to escape, which could eventually cause paint lift-off or bubbling.

A good rule of thumb (as told to me by my paint shop):
    When you can no longer smell "new paint" fumes, it will probably be safe to apply wax. Just to be extra safe, I'd wait an extra month or two longer.

Also, applications non-drying tire dressings that contain silicone can adversely affect new paint - especially on lighter colors.
    he speaks the truth

Thread Information