Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I want to try Zaino

What should I get just for starters ? I have read on their site all the info but still not sure. I dont want to do a-z just something basic.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

they have a lot of newer stuff that I've never used but as for just a basic starter kit I would do z-5 (since you have a black car), z-6 (detailer spray), and zfx (flash cure for the z-5 so it dries really fast). That would be a bare bones starter kit IMO. I would claybar your car too before starting just to have a nice base to start with. Zaino sells clay bar but for me it's cheaper to buy the mothers stuff from the auto store.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    they have a lot of newer stuff that I've never used but as for just a basic starter kit I would do z-5 (since you have a black car), z-6 (detailer spray), and zfx (flash cure for the z-5 so it dries really fast). That would be a bare bones starter kit IMO. I would claybar your car too before starting just to have a nice base to start with. Zaino sells clay bar but for me it's cheaper to buy the mothers stuff from the auto store.
    I have a mothers claybar.....its 2 years old would it be ok to still use it orion ?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    my wifes car is red which should I use on it?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the claybar will be fine....just make sure you keep misting the area and keep it wet. I normally just use the detail spray that comes with the bar. I would use z-5 on it if I were you. Red will show swirls too.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Zaino sells a starter kit for $85 that look pretty good...got all the basics

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

The Z5 is for dark colors and will work well on red.
    "I" would get the ZAIO (Zaino-All-In-One) product, the Z5, you already have a claybar, so skip that, and either the Z6 or the Z8

You don't want to just claybar a car and go directly to a sealant or wax.
    While the claybar is intended to clean the paint and remove embedded particles, it's still not a thourough as if you would use an AIO product.
    So, claybar, ZAIO to clean the paint good, remove old film and haziness. The ZAIO would be a good base for the Z5 and will aid in the bonding and durability of the Z5.

Next, you can buy or use the Z6 to use as a quick detailer or in between washes, or the Z8 which is a spray sealant designed to enhance the durability and gloss of your finish.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    The Z5 is for dark colors and will work well on red.
    "I" would get the ZAIO (Zaino-All-In-One) product, the Z5, you already have a claybar, so skip that, and either the Z6 or the Z8

You don't want to just claybar a car and go directly to a sealant or wax.
    While the claybar is intended to clean the paint and remove embedded particles, it's still not a thourough as if you would use an AIO product.
    So, claybar, ZAIO to clean the paint good, remove old film and haziness. The ZAIO would be a good base for the Z5 and will aid in the bonding and durability of the Z5.

Next, you can buy or use the Z6 to use as a quick detailer or in between washes, or the Z8 which is a spray sealant designed to enhance the durability and gloss of your finish.
    thanks goose for the info

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

First off, I really would not recommend using the ZFX kit unless you just want to put multiple layers on in a 24 hour period. Otherwise its really pointless.

Items you want are

Claybar(use what you have already)
    Z2
    Z5
    Z6
    Z-AIO

Wash
    Clay
    Z-AIO(preps)
    Z5
    Z6
    Z2(should be your last coat in the process)
    Z6

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...Code=YOUCHOOSE

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    First off, I really would not recommend using the ZFX kit unless you just want to put multiple layers on in a 24 hour period. Otherwise its really pointless.

Items you want are

Claybar(use what you have already)
    Z2
    Z5
    Z6
    Z-AIO

Wash
    Clay
    Z-AIO(preps)
    Z5
    Z6
    Z2(should be your last coat in the process)
    Z6

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...Code=YOUCHOOSE
    thanks for the input preston

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

is the 9.95 for shipping per item or per order?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    is the 9.95 for shipping per item or per order?
    Per order

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Per order
    hey thats good......how is their leather product?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    hey thats good......how is their leather product?
    Excellent, its what I have used on both my Camaros, they both looked like brand new leather. Smells good too

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

In my opinion...with Zaino, you need to get a decent amount of the products. And have the time to get it all started.

If you are looking to stay somewhat low cost, stick with the Meguiars and get a cost cost orbital.
    Unless you get a whole line of Zaino products, I don't know that you would see much of a difference.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    In my opinion...with Zaino, you need to get a decent amount of the products. And have the time to get it all started.

If you are looking to stay somewhat low cost, stick with the Meguiars and get a cost cost orbital.
    Unless you get a whole line of Zaino products, I don't know that you would see much of a difference.
    my brother just uses the polish and z6 on his and his car looks amazing. He stays on top of it though and never lets it get real dirty to begin with. I'll get some pics of it this summer and put on here. It's a red 06 and it blings in the sunlight.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Don't get me wrong, the Zaino works great. Just works best with their line of products and being able to stay on top of it. Which can get expensive to carry the line.

I personally don't use Zaino. I just use other products that suite my needs better. The 'bling' is there using the Menzerna and Prima stuff, or with the Zaino regardless.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Don't get me wrong, the Zaino works great. Just works best with their line of products and being able to stay on top of it. Which can get expensive to carry the line.

I personally don't use Zaino. I just use other products that suite my needs better. The 'bling' is there using the Menzerna and Prima stuff, or with the Zaino regardless.
    thanks thread killington...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I agree with that.....I would say with the proper work you could line up 3-4 cars with different polishes and waxes and the average person wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The most important thing is the work you put into it. As long as you stay on top of it and keep the car clean it's gonna look good regardless of what you're using. People that detail as a hobby might be able to see the differences but the other 99.9% of the population won't be able to.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I agree with most of this, minus one detail. If you are going to get into Zaino, you need to stick with it and not be switching back and forth between products etc.

The part I disagree with somewhat is the cost issue. It is costly to get started with Zaino, due to having to buy so many different ones in the beginning. To get started initially, you are probably going to spend ~$75-100 range. Unless you go overboard with it, it lasts a long time though. I don't spend >$30 a year on Zaino to upkeep though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information