Thread: I need help.

Torch Red
    1998 Trans Am

I need help.

I was hoping yall could help me on picking out the best detailing products that yall use for your cars. I want to learn how to really detail a car the right way and have the right products.

black
    2001 Trans Am

There's alot of good products out there. IMO the best you can buy at the store is the Meguire's products. Their polish is really easy to apply and remove, and they have a good quick detail spray. I also use Liquitech's products: Finish First Polish and Finish Fast Detail Spray. Also i've heard that it's a good idea to use a clay bar to really remove any impurities from the paint. I'm pretty sure Meguire's has a Clay Bar kit.

pewter
    2000 camaro Z28

i second the meguire comment the have great products and easy to use i have never had any bad luck with there supplies use them almost daily to keep it looking new i do not recommend armor all for any thing but this is just my opinion i hope this helps

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you'll get a bunch of different answers here. I'm a big fan of zaino so that's what I normally use. Polishes and waxes have came a long ways over what dad used. Mequires isn't bad and I use that on my wifes ride. At the end of the day I think that no matter what you use you'll end up with good results. It's all about the prep time and effort you put in on the car that makes the difference IMO. If you half way do it you'll get half way results.

Torch Red
    1998 Trans Am

Thanks guys for the input. I have been looking at zaino's products and they get good reviews. The only problem i see is all the steps and other products you have to get in the process.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by jmg93 View Post
    Thanks guys for the input. I have been looking at zaino's products and they get good reviews. The only problem i see is all the steps and other products you have to get in the process.
    Zaino is only time consuming the first time. After the initial process, its simple and you don't have to buy everything. There are a couple you need to start with and you are good to go. Zaino does work well, as do many others. I would say Meguiars is the best in store product you can buy as well. I would avoid Turtle wax and Armor All crap, might as well flush your money down the toilet instead.

Thread Information