View Poll Results: How often do you wax your car?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • once a month

21 36.84%
  • every two months

7 12.28%
  • every three months

13 22.81%
  • every four months

2 3.51%
  • every five to six months

11 19.30%
  • never -washing is good enough

3 5.26%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How often do you wax your car?

This is a discussion on How often do you wax your car? within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; +1 wow, i thought i was bad lol...

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

+1 wow, i thought i was bad lol

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Mine is getting glazed and waxed this week.

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE/PE

once a year

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Mine is getting glazed and waxed this week.
    How did that go, man?
    Got pics?

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    How did that go, man?
    Got pics?
    It came out excellent! I decided not to get it clay barred since XMT medium and ultra fine swirl remover paint correction was done not long ago. I wound up getting it glazed w/ red moose glaze then 2 coats of Pinnacle Sovarn Paste wax. All that needs done is the rear bumper and nose(we have some wood in the garage that needs moved -as soon as its moved I can get it finished) My back is really messed up so I cant move it. But what is done so far looks so great. I am VERY happy with the RMG you reccomended! I really appreciate your help! The RMG- after a small section was done really made a differance-it made the paint so wet and deep black compared to a section that wasnt glazed yet. Then topped off with 2 coats of the wax -wow. I highly reccomend the Pinnacle Sovarn paste wax if you get a chance to try it on a dark car(black,red,yellow) its as good as they say. I have one other reccomendation for you-Cobra micro fibre. It makes a big differance when removing glaze or wax because of the weave. They are worth the money too-if you havent already tried them. I will take some pics in the next 2 days hopefully. My car really needs a new paint job(I am very picky other people tell me I am crazy) but for now it looks like a different car then when I bought it. New paint coming this spring after I get the rest of my mods installed. Thanks again man

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I finally finished mine too and I used the Liquid Souveran and that stuff is great. I only can imagine how good the paste would be! Spring time I'll give that a try. If I'm ever awake during the day I need to get some pics.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I finally finished mine too and I used the Liquid Souveran and that stuff is great. I only can imagine how good the paste would be! Spring time I'll give that a try. If I'm ever awake during the day I need to get some pics.
    Dude-the paste is so awsome. With your black paint it would look amazing.
    Its kinda pricey but they say you get 25-30 car waxes out of a jar. I still have a issue of using a bit too much-a little goes a long way.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

I'm glad you're happy with that. I woudn't steer you the wrong way

I don't have the Pinnacle Paste Wax. It's in my wish list. i just ordered a couple of stuff from AG. I may order the PS this weekend. Oh, I agree with you. The Cobra MF's are it

Don't forget the pics!

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I don't have the Pinnacle Paste Wax. It's in my wish list. i just ordered a couple of stuff from AG. I may order the PS this weekend. Oh, I agree with you. The Cobra MF's are it

Don't forget the pics!

I have all detailing stuff on my Christmas list. I'm only using the Cobra towels now! Thanks for all your info Goose! My car wouldn't look as good if it weren't for you! If I'm ever over in CO I'll have to buy you a beer.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I have all detailing stuff on my Christmas list. I'm only using the Cobra towels now! Thanks for all your info Goose! My car wouldn't look as good if it weren't for you! If I'm ever over in CO I'll have to buy you a beer.
    It's all good man. I'm glad we all here can help each other...

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Don't forget the pics!
    Hey Goose just wanted to remind you about the AG give away going on right now. You have to add a entry to your cart(found on the forum) when you make your order and then you will be registered to win. I skrewed up and missed out on my last order a few days ago. I saw one guy won a HUGE prize pack with tons of LC pads and some other stuff.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

My wife's mad seeing I spent 400ish on stuff there so I won't be ordering stuff until after Christmas. I'd like to get in on that though!

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Hey Goose just wanted to remind you about the AG give away going on right now. You have to add a entry to your cart(found on the forum) when you make your order and then you will be registered to win. I skrewed up and missed out on my last order a few days ago. I saw one guy won a HUGE prize pack with tons of LC pads and some other stuff.
    I know. i've been busy. I haven't had a time to read everything. They're giving away stuff left and right, and I'm missing out.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I just ordered a couple things today so I am entered for Mondays drawing. If you are wanting Pinnacle Sov paste wax its on sale for $59. I bought mine 2 weeks ago for $79 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

I just ordered a couple things today so I am entered for Mondays drawing. If you are wanting Pinnacle Sov paste wax its on sale for $59. I bought mine 2 weeks ago for $79 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Order in!!!
    Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax
    Pinnacle Spray Mist QD
    4 Cobra Plush MF Towels

Entered the contest for Monday

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

cool-I swear man it never fails-I order something and a week later its on sale! hahahahaha I am gonna order some more after Monday to be in the Thursday give away. I figure for the shipping price I am entered to win a $250.00 prize,be in the running for gift certificates and be registered to win the major prize at the end. I took a few pics of my car but its in a dark garage-some are ok but tomorrow I am gonna take her out and get a few shots near some trees etc. in late afternoon for some reflection shots. Photobucket isnt cooperating right now either. After only 3 days in the garage my hood has dust on it(like small particles)-hope they blow off tomorrow on the way to take pics. If not I will run my Cali duster over her quick.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

cool-I swear man it never fails-I order something and a week later its on sale! hahahahaha I am gonna order some more after Monday to be in the Thursday give away. I figure for the shipping price I am entered to win a $250.00 prize,be in the running for gift certificates and be registered to win the major prize at the end. I took a few pics of my car but its in a dark garage-some are ok but tomorrow I am gonna take her out and get a few shots near some trees etc. in late afternoon for some reflection shots. Photobucket isnt cooperating right now either. After only 3 days in the garage my hood has dust on it(like small particles)-hope they blow off tomorrow on the way to take pics. If not I will run my Cali duster over her quick.
    AG has a superb customer service. Email Meghan and see if they can give you a refund or give you credit on your next order. Won't hurt to ask...

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 11-19-2007 at 01:51 PM.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

sorry guys I think I have a repaet in there.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Looks good! I didn't get a chance to snap mine yet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information