View Poll Results: How often do you wax your car?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • once a month

    21 36.84%
  • every two months

    7 12.28%
  • every three months

    13 22.81%
  • every four months

    2 3.51%
  • every five to six months

    11 19.30%
  • never -washing is good enough

    3 5.26%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 71

How often do you wax your car?

This is a discussion on How often do you wax your car? within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 O ok- I thought wrong! Na, its cool, I kinda said that on purpose, I knew ...

  1. #21
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    O ok- I thought wrong!
    Na, its cool, I kinda said that on purpose, I knew I would catch someone off guard with it

  2. #22
    Senior Member Z06-Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,276

    Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

    Sadly, I have to say every 3 months for me. I use Sealants as well because it last longer than wax, though I have some pretty good waxes in my arsenal. I just don't have time to detail my own car. I need to make my car look pretty darn good. I have some great detailing coming up, and this list of cars include: A Gallardo Lambo, a Ferrari F360 Spider, a convertible Bentley, another Bentley, and a 2006 Porsche Turbo. All these cars from one client

    Anyway, I don't have much time left to do my own car, so it will get a coat or two of Collinite 476S Wax to get me thru the Winter

  3. #23
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    Sadly, I have to say every 3 months for me. I use Sealants as well because it last longer than wax, though I have some pretty good waxes in my arsenal. I just don't have time to detail my own car. I need to make my car look pretty darn good. I have some great detailing coming up, and this list of cars include: A Gallardo Lambo, a Ferrari F360 Spider, a convertible Bentley, another Bentley, and a 2006 Porsche Turbo. All these cars from one client

    Anyway, I don't have much time left to do my own car, so it will get a coat or two of Collinite 476S Wax to get me thru the Winter
    make sure you post up pics of the cars when your done! Looking at your work is almost as good as a NWS thread.

    I usually end up with only enough time for twice a year.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Z06-Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,276

    Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    make sure you post up pics of the cars when your done! Looking at your work is almost as good as a NWS thread.

    I usually end up with only enough time for twice a year.
    We'll do

  5. #25
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    What's wax?

    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

    2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

  6. #26
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    Oh, you mean that thick pasty stuff that lasts through one rain shower? It's been awhile for me, my friend.

  7. #27
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1


  8. #28
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    lol, guess who is waxing my car right now.... MY GIRLFRIEND lol, dont ask me how it just happened, i think its pretty awesome thou

  9. #29
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    DUDE ^ thats how you do it. You got a good girl man-hang on to her!

  10. #30
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    lol i plan on it, thats if my laundry is done and my dinner is ready when i get home, and i am not joking one bit. she is for sure a keeper

  11. #31
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Reminds me of my ex old lady- she started slippin though after 8-9 years. O well.

  12. #32
    Think Spring..... 4get gto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northampton County, Pa.
    Posts
    1,147

    NBM
    2000 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    lol i plan on it, thats if my laundry is done and my dinner is ready when i get home, and i am not joking one bit. she is for sure a keeper

    I believe it was Lincoln that freed em along time ago.....

  13. #33
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    I believe it was Lincoln that freed em along time ago.....
    lmao, who told you that

  14. #34
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    once every 3 months wit mothers

  15. #35
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    I believe it was Lincoln that freed em along time ago.....
    Thats what I used to think while building houses in 115 degree heat.

  16. #36
    Junior Member LIVINGTHEDREAMLIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS6 Prod #115

    I wax every time the car is washed. No matter how careful you may be, you will still wind up putting even the finest of swirls into the car. It doesn't matter how delicate you clean your car... Its just how it goes. So, by waxing it each time I wash, I am able to fill back in most of the minor blemishes that may occur when washing. This process is a little easier for me because the car is a 2001 and only has 3,500 miles on her. So she gets washed and waxed 1 time each year!

  17. #37
    I live in south Fla so during the summer every two wks the rainy season in the winter time ever other month works good

  18. #38
    Think Spring..... 4get gto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northampton County, Pa.
    Posts
    1,147

    NBM
    2000 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Thats what I used to think while building houses in 115 degree heat.
    And I respect you for that not degrade you for that...........

  19. #39
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    And I respect you for that not degrade you for that...........
    Well thanks man!

  20. #40
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by LIVINGTHEDREAMLIFE View Post
    I wax every time the car is washed. No matter how careful you may be, you will still wind up putting even the finest of swirls into the car. It doesn't matter how delicate you clean your car... Its just how it goes. So, by waxing it each time I wash, I am able to fill back in most of the minor blemishes that may occur when washing. This process is a little easier for me because the car is a 2001 and only has 3,500 miles on her. So she gets washed and waxed 1 time each year!
    wow!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •