Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How to fight sand/salt spray

This is a discussion on How to fight sand/salt spray within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones Bought a house in Prescott Valley, can't wait to move out there and enjoy that nice ...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Bought a house in Prescott Valley, can't wait to move out there and enjoy that nice dry car friendly weather Howdy neighbor
    While Prescott (FYI: It's not pronounced like you'd think {think press'-cut} - It's a Zonie {that's what the natives call themselves} thing) isn't real close (I live in Tempe - not prounced like you'd think either {think tem-pe'} - see above) it's a heck of a lot closer than Ohio.

BTW: Where in Ohio? The ex-wife was from Marrietta.

Fortunately for you Prescott is at a higher elevation than Phoenix and while it still gets hot it's nothing like the "Valley of the Sun" gets.

FYI: I'm originally from Los Angeles. It took some getting used to but I adapted.

When you get here drop a PM and I'll turn you on to the local F-body club.

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    While Prescott (FYI: It's not pronounced like you'd think {think press'-cut} - It's a Zonie {that's what the natives call themselves} thing) isn't real close (I live in Tempe - not prounced like you'd think either {think tem-pe'} - see above) it's a heck of a lot closer than Ohio.

BTW: Where in Ohio? The ex-wife was from Marrietta.

Fortunately for you Prescott is at a higher elevation than Phoenix and while it still gets hot it's nothing like the "Valley of the Sun" gets.

FYI: I'm originally from Los Angeles. It took some getting used to but I adapted.

When you get here drop a PM and I'll turn you on to the local F-body club.
    Ya we have been visiting Prescott for a couple years now house looking,,,,and it cracks me up how everyone says Prescott,,,don't know that I will ever get used to that,,,lol.
    I like Phoenix as well but we avoided Maricopa county due to emissions checks so that left out all of the Phoenix metro area and surrounding towns.
    Prescott turned out to be my wifes favorite place and it's in an emmissions free county (Yavapai) We are from Cincinnati, Ohio here by the way, but my wife is originally from Sacramento, with family still there. We love the dry desert type conditions,,,can't wait to join you in that great weather.

Would like to get in touch with you and find some local spots to race, cruise inns, meet new friends etc...hope the car scene is as good as it is here. Thanks and Happy New Year,,,,,

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

They make whats called a sealant. It is like a wax but lasts/protects much longer. I wouldnt bother with a clear bra etc. Just my opinion.

pewter
    1999 camaro ss #4288

if you think the painted areas are starting to show some wear, take a peek underneath and see what the lovely salt is doing to the metal. save up a couple of grand and buy a winter beater. i sure did!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by ghettosled View Post
    if you think the painted areas are starting to show some wear, take a peek underneath and see what the lovely salt is doing to the metal. save up a couple of grand and buy a winter beater. i sure did!

Click for full size
    Thats the best way to go no doubt. I would never drive my z in the snow/ice. I dont even drive it if it looks like it might rain. Whats that on top of the roof on your lil beater?

pewter
    1999 camaro ss #4288

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Thats the best way to go no doubt. I would never drive my z in the snow/ice. I dont even drive it if it looks like it might rain. Whats that on top of the roof on your lil beater?

a ski rack (or bike rack, depending on the season). its a yakima rack with the round bars, so when there arent skis in the rack, i turn the ski holders back for a little less drag.

and yes, there is skiing in ohio.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

^ ahhh I see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information