Thread: headlights

stangkillerta99

headlights

my first winter experiance is comming. anything to be affraid of with my trans am besides i can do wicked 360s and shit. but what im affraid of is the ice in missouri freezing my headlights shut, is this going to be bad on the motors and what can i do.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

OMG OMG OMG....dude, missouri winter and f-bods...please be careful OK?!
    Anyway, no, the headlights won't freeze shut, no liquid.

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Unhappy If your headlights are iced shut should u be driving?

You're 17 & this is your 1st winter with your T/A??? Take my advice & cover your car at the first sign of precipitation!! I'm not concerned about your well-being as much as I am about seeing another F-body go to the scrap heap. I love my T/A but no matter what type of winter tire you put on, these cars suck in snow. I live in Jersey and when the weather report says snow, I have to use my 4x4 - even so, nothing drives on ice in winter... If this is your only ride, you have my condolences...

purple/blue metallic
    2001 WS6

Let it snow...let it snow...let it snow. Though the weather outside is frightful....driving my WS6 is delightful. Ya....she slips a bit...but the traction control kicks in. I drive like a grandma on dry pavement...so in snow I am even more careful. I drive for a living. An f-body is a bit low for deep snow. I took my car out last week in some snow and freezing rain and it was predictable. I've had worse winter cars. My 2002 Monte Carlo is unpredictable with it's traction control, ABS and front wheel drive. The WS6 acts like a pick-up truck with no load in the back.
    Slow down. Leave lots of space between you and the cars in front. Keep alert and look around...watch what the other morons around you are doing. Leave yourself a "way out" of any situation. Start your braking way before you need to. Go slow. I am a Canadian who grew up in northern Quebec and I have been winter driving 8 months a year for my whole life. I have never had an accident ever! My driving record is spotless. I have a stack of commendations from my management and passengers and several safe driving awards. I train drivers how to drive 65' long articulated transit buses in snow.

Thread Information