BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Headlight Restoration Kit

My headlights are hazed pretty bad. I tried Plastix on them but the haze quickly came back. Before I broke down and bought new headlights that will haze again I was thinking about the Kit. It costs around 50 bucks but if it really works and lasts I could justify the price. What do you guys think? Anyone ever tried this kit? Thanks

http://www.autogeek.net/plastik-lens-cleaning.html

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

That looks like it would work.

The Pulse of the Maggots SicWs6's Avatar

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

I just used a very similar product on my daily driver (Dodge Neon), it works really good. They had a yellow haze, and they looked like shit. But I found this headlight repair kit at autozone, for $9. Its the same exact thing. Anyway iI used it and the headlights look brand new. Just take your time with it and it will turn out fine. Also, you should always wax you headlights whenever you wash and wax your car. I hope it works for you!!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Hey sicws6- did the kit at Autozone come with the small buffer pads? Also let me know how long that lasts as far as the headlights being clear/clean. Thanks man!

I used this and it did not work that great. A little clearer but not fully clear. About 25 bucks of wet sand paper grits 800,1000,1500,2000 work wonders. It took about 1 hour to make them look brand new.
    99 Z28
    U.S. NAVY
    P-3 ORION
    FLIGHT ENGINEER
    ***IBNFE***
    FLY NAVY

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Pitchlock View Post
    I used this and it did not work that great. A little clearer but not fully clear. About 25 bucks of wet sand paper grits 800,1000,1500,2000 work wonders. It took about 1 hour to make them look brand new.
    Did u just use water/sandpaper? how long did it look new for? and which kit did u use the autozone one or the one I posted? Thanks

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I used of all things a buffing wheek designed for aluminum wheels. Little buffing compound and BAM! I did that on my bro's car, sun had turned them yellow. They went clear after that.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

cool thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    Did u just use water/sandpaper? how long did it look new for? and which kit did u use the autozone one or the one I posted? Thanks
    Just water and the wet sandpaper. I then finished it with miguires plastix. Some have used the turtel wax in the red can. They still look brand new. The kit I used was from autozone. But is pretty much the same stuff.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Thanks man I really didnt want to spend 50 for that kit if I didnt need to.

green
    94 z28

I bought a cheap kit at walmart that gives you something you stick inside your drill to sort of polish the headlights for my traveling car for my job. It worked great and I believe it was around $20. I'd check that out before you ordered something for $50.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Thanks man I appreciate the help. I am trying to go the best route for the money. I tried Pastix (meguires) and it worked well for about 4 days then it all came back. I need something that lasts.

green
    94 z28

Thanks man I appreciate the help. I am trying to go the best route for the money. I tried Pastix (meguires) and it worked well for about 4 days then it all came back. I need something that lasts.
    The kit I got from walmart was put on in New Hampshire(while there was snow on the ground and still randomly snowing) while I was up there setting up a new Lowes Hardware store. I quit the job about a month ago and the headlights were still looking good up to the day I sold it. So it lasted about half a year for sure. Just make sure you get the one that lets you use a drill and try tu use a good strong drill(like a dewalt which is what I used).

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

cool good news-if it lasts that long thats great. thanks! I have a dewalt also.

The pastix will only work if it is minor scratches. If you sand it down to a clean smooth surface and finish it with pastix it will last a long time.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Thanks for the help man. Much appreciated.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

I used some stuff from Eastwood Company and it has lasted all summer so far. Less than $20 too.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...emType=PRODUCT

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

hey man thanks! That eastwood site is great. I have some scratches in my rear hatchback glass from when these idiots put my tint on my car and somehow cut the tint on the outside of the window and put scratches in it. Anyways eastwood has a kit that fixes it. I looked a long time for a kit that fixes scratched glass.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

hey man thanks! That eastwood site is great. I have some scratches in my rear hatchback glass from when these idiots put my tint on my car and somehow cut the tint on the outside of the window and put scratches in it. Anyways eastwood has a kit that fixes it. I looked a long time for a kit that fixes scratched glass.
    Are you still gonna sell that car?

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I am not sure man. I havent listed it yet or anything. When I bought this car I had no intention of ever selling it but I have the oppertunity to get a low milage ws6 m6(10,000 miles) so I am debating it. The problem with buying another car is finding one that isnt beat. It took me forever to find the one I have now but well worth it. One owner,mint interior,completely stock,never wrecked etc.

Thread Information