Thread: Frc

aPerfectTransAM

Frc

hey guys, i just bought them for my 99 T/A.... they said they modify them to fit the camaro/firebird LS1 .... So i bought them already and should be here tomorrow. here is the link to the place i bought them from. am i in the clear? will they fit like they said.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-04...31609592QQrdZ1

aPerfectTransAM
    anyone please help!

silver
    02 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

They will fit, its the same motor. I dont know how much modifiying will be involved, if any, but I know there isnt much room. Good Luck post pics when you finally get them on.
    Last edited by cylpimp; 03-22-2006 at 06:31 PM.
    2002 Trans Am WS6 408ci Stroker Motor
    150 Shot NOS Pacesetter Long Tubes
    Magnaflow Exhaust Eibach Prokit
    19x10 fronts, 19x11 back CCW Wheels
    (2) 12 Kicker Squares 1400watt Kicker 2 channel

aPerfectTransAM
    thanks for the reply. the company that sold them to me (trans am creations in south FL) said they modify them to fit the camaro/trans am LS1 and when i receive them takes like 30 mins to install...

99FRC,00TA,98Formula
    91Firebird,88FieroGT

those will require quite a bit of cutting and testing to make them fit. For pre-cut ones (to see what they look like cut) go to www.afterthoughtsauto.com
    Last edited by nhra-trans-am; 03-23-2006 at 10:33 AM.

aPerfectTransAM
    alright, i just received them today from this place http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-04...49124126QQrdZ1 and it only has 1 fuel line? I have seen other pictures of other FRC for others years and they have 2... I called the guy and he swore that it will still work. That 1 line is just a return line. Do i need to cut for the extra line? they already notched the corner for the throttle plate or something like that.

my year is a 99
    Last edited by aPerfectTransAM; 03-22-2006 at 01:49 PM.

aPerfectTransAM
    this is long but these are the directions the place gave me for the fuel rail covers.. does this sound right????

Tools-10 mm socket, small screw driver, quick fuel line disconnect, 10 mm wrench, 5/16" wrench, hand towel or rag

1) Disconnect negative battery cable; throttle cable, EGR connectors (98-00 models only), fuel injector connector 1,3,and 8, and lh side coil pack connector. Remove oil filler cap and engine oil dipstick. Unclip all 4 plastic loom clips from the fuel rails and discard

2) Remove throttle cable support bracket and discard. Unbolt both the LH and RH side exhaust manifold air injection tubes, and disconnect at the tee fitting near the brake booster. Remove fuel tank filler cap. Remove fuel pressure test port cap on the front of the fuel rail. using a rag or or towell to catch loose fuel, use a small screwdriver to depress the fuel rail valve. Release the valve once the fuel stops seeping out. Replace fuel pressure test port cap, tighten snugly using only your hand. Install fuel tank filler cap. Using the proper tool, disconnect the fuel pressure feed line. Use a rag or towel to catch loose fuel. Unwrap protective heat shield from fuel lines; DO NOT USE A RAZOR. Pull engine oil dipstick as close to the low-pressure (thick) A/C hoses as possible. This procedure is required for the cover to snap into place.

3) Slightly bend the vent line(line with green cap) and use tie wrap to hold in place. Disconnect valve cover crankcase vent. Route wiring loom under the fuel rail clip holders. Reinstall 1,3, and 8 fuel injector connectors over the wiring loom, reconnect coil pack connector. Reconnect fuel feed line over wiring loom.

5) Install LH cover by sliding top of cover over fuel rail, and living up the 3 studs on the voils with the 3 clips on the bottom of the fuel rail cover. The cover than snaps into place. Slightly push transmission dipstick tube towards the center of the intake. Install RH cover just like the LH cover. If the oil dipstick still interferes you will need to bend the tube more. Reinstall oil filler cap.

6) Reinstall both LH and RH air injection tubes at the manifold, reconnect at the tee, reinstall throttle cable, EGR connectors (if equipped). Reinstall negative battery cable. Cycle ignition switch on and off for a few seconds and check for fuel leaks.

well these are the directions they gave me. anyone who has install covers before.. is this right? or are they short cuts? also i left step 4 out because it was the modifying part. They already modified it for me. please any info would be interested... or if anyone in the central florida area could lend me a hand...

aPerfectTransAM
    pontiacfan u out there bud?

i think one of the other problems... i know its bad but i don't know half the things they are telling me to do... means of locations.

Mag Red I
    1999 Vette Coupe

That sure is a lot of work!!!

Do some trimming on the covers and you can get them to fit. Do a search on here and you should find some examples.

aPerfectTransAM
    yeah its a lot of work for something i don't know haha.. what did i get into...

aPerfectTransAM
    is there any other write ups on how to install these besides these guys?>

99FRC,00TA,98Formula
    91Firebird,88FieroGT

there is a good one at thecheckeredflagstore.com with pics.
    I used those directions to install mine. Finished in about 20 minutes.
    Last edited by nhra-trans-am; 03-23-2006 at 10:36 AM.

yellow
    02 Collector Edition TA

The biggest area which needs trimming is for the throttle cable, yours is cable driven teh vette is electronic.

aPerfectTransAM
    yeah, the company already notched the corner for that...... just getting them installed is my beef

Thread Information