totalcomfort

fogging windshield

I have a 02 ram air vert. With the top down at night when it cools some,the windsheild fogs bad on the inside???I would think with all the air flow this would not be a problem.Anybody else have this problem??

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

my camaro has raam air and at night with the t-tops off it does the same thing

Silver
    '99 Camaro SS

My SS does it too. But only if it's humid out.
    '99 SS 'Vert M6 - Lid, TB, LS6 Int., Mac LT's w/ORY, Corsa Exh., Textralia Hybrid w/Billet Fly., Edelbrock IAS F/R, LCA's, STB, Tq. Arm, Baer GT+ Kit, 17x9.5 & 17x11's, Wolfe 6-Pt. Cage.
    www.keithcraftmotorsports.com
    keithcraftmotorsports@yahoo.com

totalcomfort
    any ideas on fixing this?????

BlackHawk T/A
    Hit the front defrost for a few seconds, clears right up.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A
    Hit the front defrost for a few seconds, clears right up.
    I've noticed this recently -the weathers very humid but cool here and the defroster won't always clear it right up.That's with the windows down-put the windows up and it can get these two fogged spots in the middle of the windsheild-annoying.Havent figured out a solution yet-course it's just the weather that's doing this right now.

BlackHawk T/A
    Well I use cool air when I turn it on...works for me?

Black
    2002 Trans Am

I do know that the cleaner your windshield is, the less apt it is to fog up. I'm not sure if you regularly clean the inside of your windshield. If you don't you could give that a try to see if it helps. Maybe even use an anti-fog product, but I find that those leave streaks on your windshield, so it will be the lesser of two evils going that route.

Beast
    It's probably a dirty windshield. Especially if you use any type of interior treatment products (armor all, leather treatment, etc) The stuff slowly evaporates and leaves a film on the glass, which for some reason foggs up the windshield. Just use some Windex or something on the inside of the glass and it should clear right up.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Yeah-I have to admit to not keepin the windshield as clean as it could be but that is one tough sucker to clean.Anybody got a good technique on reachin the front bottom?

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

alright-I just cleaned the windshield and I didn't realize how filthy it was until I did one side and looked at the other.It was covered w/filmy stuff!I was out of windex so I bought some stuff at the auto parts store some time back.It's Eagle One 20/20 auto glass cleaner and it works awesome-no ammonia so it's not just windex rebottled.It really worked better than windex would have I think-it was easier to get it dried w/out streaks.

Fast95Bird
    if you smoke in your car that also leaves a film that lets it fog up, top down and all..just clean the windshield more often

steveo346
    it is caused by breathing from your mouth alot...or a dirty winshield whatever... the way to get rid of it is go to your local autozone and buy a can of invis-i-glass...it a aluminum can with a yellow top it works awesome on your windows with those blue shop towels...and it is tint safe

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6 Speed

Purchases a window cleaning tool at Home Depot. Its has a triangle pivotal head and an 18 inch handle. It comes with a cloth cover that fits over the triangle head. Cost about $ 10. Now you can get into all the hard places. The cloth cover cleans up with dish soap and water. Comes with two heads so when the first is dirty, switch and continue.

Took me three cleaning session to get it clean. Used a detailing window cleaner from a big box auto store.

Take care.

Personal cleaning product to remove haze is rubbing alcohol. It takes alot because it evaporates quickly, but removes the smokers haze and all spots, dirt, etc. from the inside. help on reaching the bottom... Stretch out and reach for it...

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by seppburgh
    Purchases a window cleaning tool at Home Depot. Its has a triangle pivotal head and an 18 inch handle. It comes with a cloth cover that fits over the triangle head. Cost about $ 10. Now you can get into all the hard places. The cloth cover cleans up with dish soap and water. Comes with two heads so when the first is dirty, switch and continue.

Took me three cleaning session to get it clean. Used a detailing window cleaner from a big box auto store.

Take care.
    The cleaning tool is called Window Wizard.

Mystic Teal
    1998 Z28 M6

Rain-X makes an interior anti-fog that basically does the same stuff as the exterior rain-x. I use it on my car and it makes a huge difference as long as you keep the windsheild clean. Very rarely have to use the defroster.

Thread Information