Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Everyone should read THIS!!! (detailing)

This is a discussion on Everyone should read THIS!!! (detailing) within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; it's not that it doesnt work well, its that there is good, better, and best.......

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

it's not that it doesnt work well, its that there is good, better, and best....

Pewter
    02 WS6

What doesn't work well?

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by sstg View Post
    What doesn't work well?
    I didn't say anything does not work well,

my point is yea it may work good, but there is still room for improvement... lous can attest to this as well....

good- Meguires
    better- Zaino
    best-Victoria's

Pewter
    02 WS6

Victorias red or yellow or both good.But not the best.That would be like me saying Megs is the best, it's purely one's opionion.There's Swissvax,Supernatural,Fuzion just to name a few that are better IMO.Most PRO detailers will agree Megs #26 will hold it's own to higher end waxes if the prep is done properly.For a meer fraction of the cost of boutique waxes.
    I'm not saying Meguiars is the ''Best" but it's hard to beat in the correct hands.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    I didn't say anything does not work well,

my point is yea it may work good, but there is still room for improvement... lous can attest to this as well....

good- Meguires
    better- Zaino
    best-Victoria's
    Thats a matter of opinion. Show me some factual information that supports your statement thats unbiased.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Thats a matter of opinion. Show me some factual information that supports your statement thats unbiased.
    i know its a matter of opinion, im just going with an opinion of a few good people i know who have used all 3...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    i know its a matter of opinion, im just going with an opinion of a few good people i know who have used all 3...
    You didn't relay that in your first post, I wanted to make sure it was publicized

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

These "over the counter" products work OK- like scratch X etc. but if you really want to get rid of scratches,swirls,oxidation-not just cover them up temporarily- then higher end products like Menzerna SIP, Menzerna Nano, Prima swirl, etc. teamed with the proper pad and buffer combo will yeild far better results.

When I bought my car it had scratches all over the hood so I tried Scratch x and several other "over the counter products" but was never happy with the results and the scratches would often come back after washing the car. I started reading up on detailing and joined a forum. I purchased a porter cable 7424 buffer, pads, and after a few different swirl removers came across Menzerna- this stuff is AMAZING!!!! It is not cheap but if you want great results this stuff rules. After trying it my search was over.

Pewter
    02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    These "over the counter" products work OK- like scratch X etc. but if you really want to get rid of scratches,swirls,oxidation-not just cover them up temporarily- then higher end products like Menzerna SIP, Menzerna Nano, Prima swirl, etc. teamed with the proper pad and buffer combo will yeild far better results.

When I bought my car it had scratches all over the hood so I tried Scratch x and several other "over the counter products" but was never happy with the results and the scratches would often come back after washing the car. I started reading up on detailing and joined a forum. I purchased a porter cable 7424 buffer, pads, and after a few different swirl removers came across Menzerna- this stuff is AMAZING!!!! It is not cheap but if you want great results this stuff rules. After trying it my search was over.

I didn't say over the counter products. I said there MIRROR GLAZE line.

Not a fan of Meguiars huh? Too bad, there mirror glaze line is very good... cost or not. I'll compare it to some of my higher end waxes any day. Including Supernatural,Fuzion,Blackfire,Sovereign.
    Where does your disappointment come from in there products?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Local places (VatoZone, Checker) carry Mirror Glaze.....

Just saying. Doesn't really matter.
    I use Menzerna, Prima, and Victoria's on mine. And am very happy with it.

Somebody tell me about Victoria's. I'm a former Zaino user (used to top it with Sovereign), current Tropicare user....
    - 2002 Trans Am WS6 -
    - SOM - Custom HP Evos - Thunder Racing boltons & cam - LS1Edit tuning -
    - BMR suspension - LG Motorsports Brakes - custom interior - C5 mirrors - Webshots Pics

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Would look good on red!!!

www dot victoriawax dot com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Would look good on red!!!

www dot victoriawax dot com
    Thanks!

PS: It's SOM!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneS View Post
    PS: It's SOM!
    My bad.
    It was early for me.

Victoria's is a very nice wax. Not as great as some of the designer lines, but compares nicely. Great depth to be had with it...which makes it great on darker colors.
    Depth is something I always felt Zaino lacked.

My bad.
    It was early for me.

Victoria's is a very nice wax. Not as great as some of the designer lines, but compares nicely. Great depth to be had with it...which makes it great on darker colors.
    Depth is something I always felt Zaino lacked.
    Hehe...no problem.

I agree on the Zaino comment. I used to always add a layer of Souveran (I never get that spelling correct) for that reason. It doesn't seem to make much different on the TropiCare, and I'm not sure if it's because the TC is better (IMO), or if it just doesn't play well with the carnuba topper...

Pewter
    02 WS6

Local places (VatoZone, Checker) carry Mirror Glaze.....

Just saying. Doesn't really matter.
    I use Menzerna, Prima, and Victoria's on mine. And am very happy with it.
    Hey luos, Have you tried Blackfire on your car? I think you would dig that if you like Vic's. I assume your using the Vic's red,have you tried the Yellow?

White
    1998 Trans Am

I like 3m Perfect It 2 for buffing after sanding, then switch pad and it's a swirl remover. The Depending on what color car I'm doing the make a dark and light color swirl remover glaze. last my favorote from local paint store is my Butter Wax.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Hey luos, Have you tried Blackfire on your car? I think you would dig that if you like Vic's. I assume your using the Vic's red,have you tried the Yellow?
    No reason to try yellow....car is black.
    Yellow is for the lighter cars.

And I have not tried BlackFire. Honestly, haven't done much to the car lately.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post

+1 on the Menzerna. I've been using Pinnacle products for a couple years and they work great. Just got the Menzerna sip and Nano and I'm sticking with that. Personally I think Zano sucks.

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

I just used meguiars 3 step today but i used the mirror glaze line and the results were awesome. I wasnt expecting them to be this good but this stuff is great!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information