engine clean up

This is a discussion on engine clean up within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; got a nother question for ya.. so i have a 02 camaro z28 m6 she is my DD and i ...

Navy Blue Metallic/Black
    02 camaro z28/01 wife t/a

engine clean up

got a nother question for ya.. so i have a 02 camaro z28 m6 she is my DD and i like to keep her really clean wash,wax etc.. but i was wondering whats a good way to keep my engine clean since she is my DD the engine gets all dusty and crap.. is it good to wash your engine?? i don't want any water getting inside my engine and i don't want to drive it to the car wash and used the engine wash because i don't want to get the engine hot and then wash it and cause any cracks on the block. does any body know off any products for engine clean up thanxs for any info and help

2002 trans am ws6

thats something that i would also like to know cause my engine is also starting to get dirty.

RED (M6)
    2001 Camaro SS 13.39@106

I have always used a engine degreaser on mine. I just make sure that the block is cold like you mentioned. Usually i avoid high pressure spray and use a hose on low. Then wipe down with a spray bottle and shop rags.

2002 trans am ws6

don't you have problems with water getting to some sensor or making the engine run kind of funny when you restarted ofcouse after it's dry.

White
    1999 Camaro SS

just make sure if you do use a hose at a wash or your house on low that you cover up your alternator from all the dirty water then after you get it clean on how you want wax all of the body that you can under the hood and it sould stay alot cleaner and easier to clean the next time alot of people use simple green under the hood

red
    2002 camaro 35th anv.

you can deffinatlly wash your engine, just a couple things to be aware of. like stated wash your engine when it is cold to avoid cracking, also use low pressure water. I like to use a degreasser like simple green just make sure you dilute it because staight up simple green or most degreasers will change the color of aluminum. once you done washing I like to let it dry then use some CD2 engine detailer. makes the engine look brand new.

this is the detailer you can get it at autozone. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/CD-2-Engine-Detailer-12-5-oz/dp/B0002JMAOS[/ame]

this is how it makes your engine look

Thread Information