Thread: Detailing sale

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Detailing sale

Autogeek has 15% off with no minimum purchase. Just wanted to let yall know.

Black SS SLP#8834
    2002 35th Anniversary LS1

Winter's back with a vengeance in some places. Looks like a good time to stock up and spend some time in the garage with a portable heater and detail the evil color: BLACK

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Yes sir! Do you have a pair of Halogen lights? I got a set from Wal-Mar% for like $35.00 and not only can I see every imperfection on my paint-it heats up the garage nicely!

I want to buy more detailing stuff but I have waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much as it is!
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 12-11-2009 at 11:48 AM.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Thanks for the tip.
    I need to buy some stuff, just don't know what...

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    Thanks for the tip.
    I need to buy some stuff, just don't know what...
    No problem! haha haha

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

great tip. Is everything marked in there. Didn't see any advertisements for 15% off, but I'm blind.

Question. I was about to buy a pc 7424xp from ebay which runs about 120. Any ppl with experience think below is is a good deal with some accessories?
    http://www.autogeek.net/poca74pofcop.html
    or
    http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-7424-kit.html

If I buy the machine elsewhere, what pads/bottles can I get (so many pads. link or pm, would save my A). I was going to try it on my silverado with a pretty bad paintjob, and if that goes well use a fine polish on the bird. Can one pad get the whole car, or should I buy extras?

I use at least two when hand waxing as it seems to dry out. Always was worried about that with an orbital.
    Last edited by chuckie669; 12-31-2009 at 05:24 PM.

BLACK
    2001 WS-6

what is the best thing for a black car that doesnt get buffed. im afraid to buff the paint and mess it up, never done it.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    great tip. Is everything marked in there. Didn't see any advertisements for 15% off, but I'm blind.

Question. I was about to buy a pc 7424xp from ebay which runs about 120. Any ppl with experience think below is is a good deal with some accessories?
    or

If I buy the machine elsewhere, what pads/bottles can I get (so many pads. link or pm, would save my A). I was going to try it on my silverado with a pretty bad paintjob, and if that goes well use a fine polish on the bird. Can one pad get the whole car, or should I buy extras?

I use at least two when hand waxing as it seems to dry out. Always was worried about that with an orbital.
    Different pads have different amounts of cut depending on color. In most cases you will need to use a more abrasive polish with a more abrasive pad then a finishing polish with a less abrasive pad or finishing pad.
    However-they do make 1 step polishes but I have never used one.

Autogeek has a forum with alot of good threads,videos and people you can ask.
    Good luck!

The sale was a while back. You can join the forum at AG and get like 10% off your purchase with the code they have on the forum.
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 12-31-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post

or

I vote save a lil more money and get the Flex instead of the PC. I believe you need a code to get the sale prices. They send them to me all the time.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

They have a good sale going on now on Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax was$95.00-now $59.99. All you have to do is sign up as a vip and register as a member on the Auto Geek forum.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

I have a red and black TA and I have a porter cable 7424 with an orange and white pad. I must suggest the Wolfgang swirl remover 3.0 and finishing glaze. By far the best product Ive put on my paint. This is formulated by Menzerna and does not require different grades of polishes. Its a good start for newbies like I was with a buffer. Its actually quite easy to buff with this without any worries. Hope this helps

Midnight Metallic Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsWS-6 View Post
    what is the best thing for a black car that doesnt get buffed. im afraid to buff the paint and mess it up, never done it.
    If you use a random/orbital buffer, you really have to fall asleep in one spot to damage the clear coat. I would start with a 3 step system from Mcguires (i think i spelled that right) or Mothers. If you want to use a buffer, use a foam bonnet and a swirl remover then remove the material with either a wool bonnet or microfiber towel. Then, use a machine glaze with a different foam bonnet and remove just like the swirl remover. Finish with a good carnuba wax.

Thread Information