detailing quick help !!

This is a discussion on detailing quick help !! within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; I just used some meguiars ultimate compound and in some areas my cars paint is fucked up. I didnt pay ...

Silver
    2013 Infiniti G37

detailing quick help !!

I just used some meguiars ultimate compound and in some areas my cars paint is fucked up. I didnt pay attention to what it looked like before i started and its not in all areas. The car has been wrecked so I dont know if its from the ultimate or the paint is fucked from the accident. Anyone use this stuff before and how strong is it?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I love that stuff. At least for the price.

Are you using it by hand? If so....you won't do any damage.
    For that matter....it shouldn't do any damage with a PorterCable or similar machine.

Silver
    2013 Infiniti G37

yeah i did it by hand and used a cotton polishing pad. Used a microfiber towel to take it off. Now that I look at it there is more damage on other places of the car I didnt touch. Something is wrong with the paint. We had a problem when we first got the car and they re did one of the door panels. Its just more over the car now. Gonna go by the dealer and see what they say.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I don't think it'll do any damage either.

I used it on my '68 Le Mans, I really thought the paint was beyond help, but gave it a try. The difference was night and day. Then, I forgot to wax the badly oxidized paint, and it looked almost worse than it did before I did anything, after a day in the hot sun. So, as the back of the bottle says, I bought their Tech Wax 2.0, and it still looks great today, 8 weeks later. It's a red car, and the difference is about what they show on the front of the ultimate compound bottle.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i want to try the ultimate compound but my paint isn't in need of it yet as the paint job is only 2 years old and my 07 pontiac is in good shape yet.

but i will give a big thumbs up to the tech wax 2.0.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    i want to try the ultimate compound but my paint isn't in need of it yet as the paint job is only 2 years old and my 07 pontiac is in good shape yet.

but i will give a big thumbs up to the tech wax 2.0.
    I would use it on a car 6 months old....
    Helps keep it free of contaminants and looking new.

Not a big fan of the Tech Wax though. I like something that lasts a bit. Some have issues with it streaking while removing.....never personally had that problem.

Silver
    2013 Infiniti G37

my father in laws truck has it all over also. So does her friends car. Not sure where or how it happened. Going to talk to a body shop guy tomorrow. Actually if I rubbed really really hard the meguiars helped, clay bar was also a bitch but it did come off. I was told a wet sand might have to be done. Just curious how these cars have it. I just bought a car from ny and drove to tn. From day one I had it waxed and wash once a week or two and do a quick detail. I also use that rain x stuff on my windows and it doesnt have any problems. Its only been here a month and a half though. On the wiper blades I tried simple green, the purple stuff and some lime away and nothing took it off. Im just puzzled.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I would use it on a car 6 months old....
    Helps keep it free of contaminants and looking new.

Not a big fan of the Tech Wax though. I like something that lasts a bit. Some have issues with it streaking while removing.....never personally had that problem.
    Sometimes I have problems with any carnuaba-based wax with streaking while removing. Other times, no issues. Wonder what I do wrong.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Sometimes I have problems with any carnuaba-based wax with streaking while removing. Other times, no issues. Wonder what I do wrong.
    Could be heat.

A true carnuaba based wax shouldn't streak.
    Of course...those are normally fairly pricey.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^Maybe. Seems like I have the most problems on higher humidity days, especially around dusk. I try to rush the job and maybe I don't give it enough time to cure/dry/setup. Need to allow more time...or earlier, so I don't have to do it when it gets dark. At least I'm trying to keep the paint fresh looking, I have no plans to sell this car, and it's 10(!) years old already.

Silver
    2013 Infiniti G37

Talked to a guy and he gave me some enamel reducer to try, it didnt work any better than the clay bar.

Thread Information