DA Polishing Help

This is a discussion on DA Polishing Help within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; OK, I have been at this for to long and I need help. I have a PC DA, LC yellow, ...

Bright Purple Metallic

Exclamation DA Polishing Help

OK, I have been at this for to long and I need help. I have a PC DA, LC yellow, orange, white and black pads and have been using Meguires. In which case I have No. 2, 7 and 9. I can not get the fine scratches out!!!!!. Someone with great knowledge and experience please tell me specifically what I need to do. I mean tell me the pad, the polish and the speed (plus whether I need to add pressure to the buffer). I have tried everything. I will be finishing the paint with Zaino.

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

call goose over he did mine and it is great
    Goose is the man

scan
    Last edited by Scanlamp; 04-16-2007 at 07:35 PM.

Bright Purple Metallic

I much rather learn my self so that I know how to do it.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I used Pinnacle medium swirl remover followed by Pinnacle ultra fine swirl remover. I used a Lake Country orange pad for the medium scratch remover and a white pad(or finishing pad) for the ultra fine scratch remover. Do a 2x2ft. area at a time using slow back and forth slightly overlapping passes. Only use about a quarter size amount of product on a 2x2 ft. area and work it until it turns hazey. Buff area with a microfibre clothe after using buffer on area. Go to this link http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacleprod.html
    and click on the video instruction which is towards the middle of the page.When it comes up click on polish. This should give you a better idea. The site has several informative articles etc. Hope that helps!

O by the way I have only the experience of doing my car. I also misread your post and thought you wanted to get rid of swirls. Anyways that site is pretty good.
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 04-16-2007 at 10:50 PM.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by 98 Purple TA View Post
    OK, I have been at this for to long and I need help. I have a PC DA, LC yellow, orange, white and black pads and have been using Meguires. In which case I have No. 2, 7 and 9. I can not get the fine scratches out!!!!!. Someone with great knowledge and experience please tell me specifically what I need to do. I mean tell me the pad, the polish and the speed (plus whether I need to add pressure to the buffer). I have tried everything. I will be finishing the paint with Zaino.
    Get some Meguiars #83 work it at 5.5k opm with the DA and orange pad. Apply pressure on the bad areas moving the buffer about 1" a second to cover about 1 foot or so squeare area initially. Check your wotk, and repeat as necessary. It may require a few passes, and as the polish start to break down, lessen up on the pressure as if polishin. Follow up with the # 80 with the white pad at 4k opm. You could use Meguiars # 7 glaze, and top it with a carnuaba wax

Bright Purple Metallic

Thanks,

One other question. Why #82 and #83? Will a DA not work at all using #2 and #9 or does it just take longer?

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by 98 Purple TA View Post
    Thanks,

One other question. Why #82 and #83? Will a DA not work at all using #2 and #9 or does it just take longer?
    I've tried #2 and #9 i couldn't get the results I wanted
    I know the combo of #83 followed by #80 works better with the PC
    Most people doing serious detailing, use this combo with great success

Thread Information