Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cleaned half my bay, simple green + cd2 results

This is a discussion on Cleaned half my bay, simple green + cd2 results within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by clg82 did you just wipe it down with a mix of simple green and water and then ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    did you just wipe it down with a mix of simple green and water and then cd2 it? did you use the hose on it at all, or did you just wipe the cd2 off after applying it?
    I used diluted simple green 1:1 with water, scrubbed off the grease with a towel and used a toothbrush on tough parts. No hose at all. I used a spray bottle with water to wash off the simple green. Then sprayed cd2 over it all and let it sit overnight (not necessary, you can wait 20 minutes then it's good). I then went back over the cd2 (if necessary) where it left stains with more cd2 and rubbed it smooth with a dry towel.

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    did you use a mix of water and the simple green when you did the engine compartment.....maybe someone else can chime in but I heard that cd2 doesn't collect dust like the rest..........
    Nope I used the simple green straight. I buy it by the gallon to mop my garage floor with so I just poor some in a squirt bottle.
    I let it soak for a few minutes, maybe squirt another application if need be. Then I simply hose it down with the garden hose, using a light fan type pattern and don't spray the air intake or around the intake directly. Never scrubbed anything. I just let it air dry from there and enjoy the natural appearance of everything without shiny applicants.

Thats it. Never had an issue that way.

Quote Originally Posted by onetroubledguy View Post
    I haven't had any problems at all after I used CD2 on my bay and I have driven it plenty. It actually looks better now than it did before in that picture.
    Is it dusty where you live?? Here in Arizona there is so much dust blowing around, and driving on a dirt road to get out of the subdivision doesn't help either. We can't even put tire dressing on the tires around here,,,can't leave the house without it looking like crap anyway, dust sticks to the tires,,,and it's always straight to the car wash. The dust just sticks to anything that leaves any residue.

If it's not doing that for you I would be willing to give it a shot.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Is it dusty where you live?? Here in Arizona there is so much dust blowing around, and driving on a dirt road to get out of the subdivision doesn't help either. We can't even put tire dressing on the tires around here,,,can't leave the house without it looking like crap anyway, dust sticks to the tires,,,and it's always straight to the car wash. The dust just sticks to anything that leaves any residue.

If it's not doing that for you I would be willing to give it a shot.
    Man I didn't catch that you were in Arizona. I guess that explains it. I have friends that live there so I know how bad it is. It's not really that dusty here.

NBM
    1998 Z-28

I'll have to pick up a can of this CD2 stuff I keep hearing about. Your engine bay looks awesome I love the FRC's and painted lid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information