2002 Z28

chemical bath paint correction!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcwY0yim-04[/ame]

the helll is this???

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by F-my-body View Post

the helll is this???
    The title is a bit misleading, all he's doing is showing his before and after of his work.
    I'm sure he buffed the car out and applied some Swissvax wax.
    That's all he did...

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    The title is a bit misleading, all he's doing is showing his before and after of his work.
    I'm sure he buffed the car out and applied some Swissvax wax.
    That's all he did...
    Hey goose, what do you think of Swissvax. I use that stuff on some of our vehicles, (Stepdad had tons when we had a garage bitch). I think there products are great, but damn pricey.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Hey goose, what do you think of Swissvax. I use that stuff on some of our vehicles, (Stepdad had tons when we had a garage bitch). I think there products are great, but damn pricey.
    I haven't personally tried Swissvax, but I've heard a lot of good stuff about it.
    I definitely loved to try some.
    Yeah, they're pricey. They're on my wish list to buy sometime next year.
    They're also supposed to be quite durable, which is something I'm interested in having...

2011 Prius

I haven't personally tried Swissvax, but I've heard a lot of good stuff about it.
    I definitely loved to try some.
    Yeah, they're pricey. They're on my wish list to buy sometime next year.
    They're also supposed to be quite durable, which is something I'm interested in having...
    I think it's fairly durable, gets dusty or dirty. Fast wash and dry, it still shines and beads water... Mounths afterwards. But the shit cost way to much.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Some of the higer $ waxes are made for people who aren't too worried about the price. They just want what they think is the best for their cars-especially people with large car collections worth big $.

They do the same thing pricewise in every area of sales- $500.00 jeans, $1000.00 sneakers etc.etc.

I am sure alot of the high dollar waxes work great but how great can a carnuba wax actually work? (I am not sure swissvax is even a carnuba)-just making a general statement.

My cut-off point is the $80 Pinnacle souveran paste wax-but I wait till they do the two for one deal around Christmas.

BTW autogeek has that deal going on right now for those interested.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Some of the higer $ waxes are made for people who aren't too worried about the price. They just want what they think is the best for their cars-especially people with large car collections worth big $.

They do the same thing pricewise in every area of sales- $500.00 jeans, $1000.00 sneakers etc.etc.

I am sure alot of the high dollar waxes work great but how great can a carnuba wax actually work? (I am not sure swissvax is even a carnuba)-just making a general statement.

My cut-off point is the $80 Pinnacle souveran paste wax-but I wait till they do the two for one deal around Christmas.

I couldn't agree anymore there with you...
    I too have my limits on how much I personally want to spend especially when it comes down to my own cars.
    That said, in the business I'm in it can also helps in selling a detail on a high-end car sometimes.
    I found out that for some owners of cars worth well into the six-figure they want to hear you carry some high-end waxes.
    In this competitive business, fair or not, that sometimes brings more "credibility" to your business if you carry some expensive waxes.
    The good thing about it is that you can always charge a premium for just using those type of waxes on certain cars if requested by the customer...

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

i would like to try that pinnacle stuff but i dont have that kind of cash for wax. i get the stuff from griots and i like that way it looks and hold up but i have a garage qween to. and its only $20 for 16oz.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I agree with Goose. It looks like they're just showcasing their work in restoring the car. The before shots look close to how my cars paint looked when I bought it back in '01.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

2011 Prius

Just so you know, the whit foam on the car at the beginning. That's a foam gun, if that's what you are asking about. I have one and use it before I hand wash. It helps lift dirt and loose shit, off the the paint. Then you wash it, most of the loose dirt is gone and off so you don't scratch the clear.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    i would like to try that pinnacle stuff but i dont have that kind of cash for wax. i get the stuff from griots and i like that way it looks and hold up but i have a garage qween to. and its only $20 for 16oz.
    Dude- I know what you mean but it is regular $80 a jar and at Christmas you can get the two for 1 deal=$40 a jar.that Pinnacle Souveran is unreal on Black, Red and darker colored cars. It is also the easiest carnuba wax I have ever used-no drying time required(as soon as it is applied it can be removed with a microfiber towel) and it doesn't turn white so no white residue in the cracks,hood,doors etc etc. It is meant to be used in extremely thin coats. A jar seems to last forever.

If you would like I can send you a sample-let me know.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I couldn't agree anymore there with you...
    I too have my limits on how much I personally want to spend especially when it comes down to my own cars.
    That said, in the business I'm in it can also helps in selling a detail on a high-end car sometimes.
    I found out that for some owners of cars worth well into the six-figure they want to hear you carry some high-end waxes.
    In this competitive business, fair or not, that sometimes brings more "credibility" to your business if you carry some expensive waxes.
    The good thing about it is that you can always charge a premium for just using those type of waxes on certain cars if requested by the customer...

I see what you are saying Goose. I bet you love those type jobs-but I can see how a bit of stress could be involved-you have your processes so wired though so you prolly never sweat it.

2011 Prius

I think if I was to get into into it to make money, witch I am thinking about it. I would let the customers pick from 3 lines. Over the counter, Meguiars... Dodo Juice, and then Swissvax.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Dude- I know what you mean but it is regular $80 a jar and at Christmas you can get the two for 1 deal=$40 a jar.that Pinnacle Souveran is unreal on Black, Red and darker colored cars. It is also the easiest carnuba wax I have ever used-no drying time required(as soon as it is applied it can be removed with a microfiber towel) and it doesn't turn white so no white residue in the cracks,hood,doors etc etc. It is meant to be used in extremely thin coats. A jar seems to last forever.

If you would like I can send you a sample-let me know.
    i would like to give it a try. the stuff i use now works well when you put it on it 2 coats. i put one on and let it dry over night then put the 2nd on a panel at a time.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

i would like to give it a try. the stuff i use now works well when you put it on it 2 coats. i put one on and let it dry over night then put the 2nd on a panel at a time.
    You can layer the Pinnacle Souveran paste wax (which is actually the consistency of butter) for even more depth/protection but you must give it 12 hours to let the first coat cure for the best results. Thin layers is the key-which took me a little time to grasp because a little goes a long way.

I know I prolly sound like a salesman but I gave a jar of it to my father last year and he said the same thing- not only was it the easiest wax he had ever applied/removed- it made his car look increadible.

I know the price seems high but considering some waxes are $1000.00 + a jar it really isn't. I got it during the 2 for 1 Christmas special they have pretty much every year-so it came to $40.00 a jar-which is well worth it to me.

Red
    2001 ws6

if anyone wants to get the 2 for one special with me at christmas let me know, id be down to try it but would only want 1 bottle to try it out

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

You can layer the Pinnacle Souveran paste wax (which is actually the consistency of butter) for even more depth/protection but you must give it 12 hours to let the first coat cure for the best results. Thin layers is the key-which took me a little time to grasp because a little goes a long way.

I know I prolly sound like a salesman but I gave a jar of it to my father last year and he said the same thing- not only was it the easiest wax he had ever applied/removed- it made his car look increadible.

I know the price seems high but considering some waxes are $1000.00 + a jar it really isn't. I got it during the 2 for 1 Christmas special they have pretty much every year-so it came to $40.00 a jar-which is well worth it to me.
    after i go tru what i have now im going to give it a try thanks for the imput on it

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

after i go tru what i have now im going to give it a try thanks for the imput on it
    No problem.

Thread Information