Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Carshow necessities

This is a discussion on Carshow necessities within the Showcar and Detailing forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by 4get gto Not to stereotype you or anything But are you a chick ???...

Bright Rally Red
    1996 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    Not to stereotype you or anything But are you a chick ???

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I take a few rags....detailer spray.....tire shine....glass cleaner for the bugs I pick up on the way.....always have a first aid kit and fire extinguisher to plop in the trunk for the extra points.....I never take any past awards...I find that tacky and have seen it turn judges off....sorta like your telling them....see I won others so you gotta vote for me.....I just put up the print out showing the mods and sit my ass down and collect the trophies
    easy for you todo from what I have seen

Stangfreak91
    Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    a cooler of beer
    hell yeah!!!

black
    2002 WS6

Lets see, cooler of drinks and snacks (don't drink and drive), car duster, zip zap of car found at radio shack that gets placed on intake. Assorment of rags and towls, glass cleaner. No deatial spray though most shows are during the day and the black gets too hot to treat. My brother with his VR6 GTI. Get more attention than my car *pouts* but there are less of his in the city then my car. plus it has a convience out let for the cooler A jacket for the evening if the show goes that long. Any dash placks from previous shows.

Somtimes my parents cars if they come 88 Iroc and 72 Heavy Chevy Chevelle.

Limited Edition #1242
    2002 Camaro SS LE

As previously stated, I take all of the additional sprays for final touch ups. A show board along with any trophies you've won, along with any printed materials about your car specifically... Presentation = attention...

The biggest thing, have fun...

Mike
    SS1242LE

Shhh! There's a
    hooker in the trunk

[QUOTE=Sarge;463452]always have a first aid kit and fire extinguisher to plop in the trunk for the extra points[QUOTE]

what do you mean by extra points? like actual points or brownie points?

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

My detailer spray, DF Towel, tire shine, dirt rag and soft cloth.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Silver
    2002 Z28

I've helped judge a few shows, and while I'm sure that there are exceptions, displaying past trophies is generally a markdown. It says "I've won other shows, so I expect to win this one too." It's interpreted as "This guy has already won an award for his hard work, let's see if anyone else hasn't been recognized for just as much work." Just imagine 2 identical cars next to each other, one with trophies, the other without. Got it? Though I will note that outside of judging, it does attract attention, so those cars tend to yield good results for popular vote.

Personally, I like to see signs that the car travels; dash plaques from other shows, subtle car contents that suggest a daily driver, and of course indications that work has been performed by the owner. It's no fun giving a trophy to someone just because they had the money to pay someone else to put the car together.
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

Bright Silver Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ProwlerZ View Post
    I've helped judge a few shows, and while I'm sure that there are exceptions, displaying past trophies is generally a markdown. It says "I've won other shows, so I expect to win this one too." It's interpreted as "This guy has already won an award for his hard work, let's see if anyone else hasn't been recognized for just as much work." Just imagine 2 identical cars next to each other, one with trophies, the other without. Got it? Though I will note that outside of judging, it does attract attention, so those cars tend to yield good results for popular vote.

Personally, I like to see signs that the car travels; dash plaques from other shows, subtle car contents that suggest a daily driver, and of course indications that work has been performed by the owner. It's no fun giving a trophy to someone just because they had the money to pay someone else to put the car together.

Agreed--a lot of cars win at the TA Nats because guys have money to get others to do the work on their cars. I have won 2 shows and I do all my own work. I like it when the judges recognize this.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ProwlerZ View Post

Its nice to have someone who has judging experience chime in here. I have done all the work to my car and feel the same way you do about the owner doing the work. I have a very good friend here that competes with me and he has an extremely nice car, but all the work done on it has been paid labor. As far as appearance, both our cars are very evenly matched, but he has an STS turbo and strobes/sirens on his car. They are huge attraction getters and he wins lot of shows with it. I have stepped it up big time for next year so he better look out

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Do I know this car? I think I've competed with it in a few shows too.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Its nice to have someone who has judging experience chime in here. I have done all the work to my car and feel the same way you do about the owner doing the work. I have a very good friend here that competes with me and he has an extremely nice car, but all the work done on it has been paid labor. As far as appearance, both our cars are very evenly matched, but he has an STS turbo and strobes/sirens on his car. They are huge attraction getters and he wins lot of shows with it. I have stepped it up big time for next year so he better look out

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Do I know this car? I think I've competed with it in a few shows too.
    Yes you do

red
    2000 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    so no one but me takes beer?
    O yes very important

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information